• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 5 for O and D Rookie for the year

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough list this year on offense.

I think the RBs and QBs always have the best shot though.

1) Kyler Murray
2) Dwayne Haskins
3) Josh Jacobs
4) Miles Sanders
5) David Montgomery

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs will have the most playing time on a decent offense. Kyler may start out well, but miles are going to grow on him in a hurry.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting favorites:

1. Kyler Murray 5/2
2. Dwayne Haskins 7/1
3. Josh Jacobs 9/1
4. Marquise Brown 10/1
5. Mecole Hardman 10/1

No defense odds released yet, but here are the rookie sack over/unders:

1. Nick Bosa 9.0
2. Josh Allen 7.0
3. Ed Oliver 6.5
3. Quinnen Williams 6.5
5. Clelin Ferrell 5.5

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs will have the most playing time on a decent offense. Kyler may start out well, but miles are going to grow on him in a hurry.

Starting immediately will definitely get him stats though, which will give him a potential edge (if that O-line can hold up).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess at the top rated rookies by year's end:

OFFENSE:
1. Miles Sanders - I think he landed in a great spot. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a Doug Martin-esque rookie year. Howard may start at the beginning of the year, but as a FA at the end of the year, he'll be phased out quickly.
2. Dwayne Haskins - Would put Kyler but their offensive line is still absolutely horrendous, and I just don't see him succeeding in that case, at least not as much as Haskins should.
3. Kyler Murray - While it's not his fault, and he does have solid weapons, I just don't see a first year HC and rookie QB having a ton of success behind the league's worst OL.
4. Josh Jacobs - Boom or bust ROY pick, IMO. He's going to be the clear cut starter most likely, but having Isaiah Crowell there will take away some touches, enough to bump him down.
5. Mecole Hardman - He's an elite athlete, and if they plan on using him to replace Hill, the volume will be there. With his versatility and elite QB situation, he could have a really good rookie year.

DEFENSE:
1. Nick Bosa - It's a stacked defensive line in SF, meaning opposing teams won't be able to double team him as much as they would if he were on another team. I think he has double digit sacks easily, health permitting.
2. Devin Bush - In a great spot, landing most likely as a starter with Bostic being cut, on an already top 10 defense. I think he fills the Shazier role admirably and has a fantastic season.
3. Quinnen Williams - It's difficult to win the ROY as a DT unless you're a generational talent like Aaron Donald or Suh, who are the only DTs to win it since 1994. That said, Williams could be in that generational talent mold.
4. Ed Oliver - Like Williams, he's a uniquely talented and incredibly dominant force on the DL. He could vault to #1 on this list quickly with his ability to get to the passer from the inside.
5. Greedy Williams - Slated to start opposite Denzel Ward, he will likely see plenty of action as teams shy away from throwing to the other side. His tackling is lacking, but his coverage skills were tops in the class. He should have a great year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense:

1. Josh Jacobs. Should be a starter from day 1. Teams thought he was in play with Oakland's pick at #4 so they really like him.

2. Kyler Murray. Should be a starter pretty early on. Will get a lot of yards on the ground and have some exciting plays where he rolls out and wins a few games that way. Can pad stats by dumping off to David Johnson and there are a lot of new, young receivers so he is bound to have rapport with one of them coming up.

3. N'Keal Harry. A bit of a weird pick but Harry seems like the most pro ready WR coming out and has Brady throwing to him. If Harry gets the 'Gronk' touches in the offense then he has a shot at OROY.

4. Dwayne Haskins. Pretty much has to be in the top 5.

5. Noah Fant. I think there is some dropoff before this pick but Flacco loves TEs. History would say that this is unlikely but history isnt really a factor in this type of thing.

HM: Mecole Hardman and that late round RB on your team that is better than anyone thought.

Defense:

1. Nick Bosa
2. Devin White
3. Devin Bush
4. Quinnen Williams
5. Ed Oliver

Not even worth thinking about this one too much. There is a reason why everyone saw these guys as the strength of the draft.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense:

1. Nick Bosa
2. Devin White
3. Devin Bush
4. Quinnen Williams
5. Ed Oliver

Not even worth thinking about this one too much. There is a reason why everyone saw these guys as the strength of the draft.
There are so many guys that could contend for DROY. Clellin Ferrell, Brian Burns, Christian Wilkins, Greedy Williams, Montez Sweat, and Josh Allen can be lumped in with the guys you mentioned that should have solid years. In addition, I'd look at:

Johnathan Abram - He's a big hitter who can change the passing game. He's not as polished as some, but he has big-time potential
Jerry Tillery - He's obviously a talented, massive prospect who on his own right could be really good. However, playing on a DL that already has Bosa and Ingram could free him up for some one-on-one OL matchups that could result in him having some major disruptive potential.
Rock Ya-Sin - Wouldn't be the most surprising thing to see Indy go back-to-back DROY. He's a big body on a really stout defense who has the potential to erase WRs if he lives up to his potential.
Juan Thornhill - Similar to Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, he's going to get a lot of opportunities to show off his abilities with opposing teams needing to pass more to keep up with the offensive firepower on their own teams. However, he's much more of a ballhawk and could put up some big INT numbers right off the bat

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many guys that could contend for DROY. Clellin Ferrell, Brian Burns, Christian Wilkins, Greedy Williams, Montez Sweat, and Josh Allen can be lumped in with the guys you mentioned that should have solid years. In addition, I'd look at:

Johnathan Abram - He's a big hitter who can change the passing game. He's not as polished as some, but he has big-time potential
Jerry Tillery - He's obviously a talented, massive prospect who on his own right could be really good. However, playing on a DL that already has Bosa and Ingram could free him up for some one-on-one OL matchups that could result in him having some major disruptive potential.
Rock Ya-Sin - Wouldn't be the most surprising thing to see Indy go back-to-back DROY. He's a big body on a really stout defense who has the potential to erase WRs if he lives up to his potential.
Juan Thornhill - Similar to Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, he's going to get a lot of opportunities to show off his abilities with opposing teams needing to pass more to keep up with the offensive firepower on their own teams. However, he's much more of a ballhawk and could put up some big INT numbers right off the bat
Of those, I think Tillery would be the only one with a shot. I think guys like Thornhill or Ya-Sin would need to lead the league in INTs or something silly like that to get even DROY consideration this year. The top of the draft is stacked with defensive stars.

I do think with Josh Allen's talent he could end up being the best player in the draft but I think there will be a few things holding him back in year 1.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders has a shot but I suspect he is in a committee with Howard and Corey Clement his rookie year, and possibly beyond.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders has a shot but I suspect he is in a committee with Howard and Corey Clement his rookie year, and possibly beyond.
Yeah, thats why I didn't consider him. Jordan Howard is a good football player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I love a couple of these TE's in this class I have to go by history, there has never been a TE selected as ROY, if I am correct.

Marquise Brown not on my list bc of the Ravens offensive scheme and Lamar Jackson.

OROY
1. Kyler Murray - Gotta put him here. He is the starter from Day 1. He has some weapons and he might struggle but he will have the ball in his hands pretty much every play. This is strictly on having the most opportunity, maybe not the best stats.
2. Josh Jacobs - he is going to have a lot of opportunities.
3. Mecole Hardman - not high on this kid but he is explosive and Mahomes will get him the ball.
4. Dwayne Haskins (I put him this low bc they have Keenum and if he does start I think it would closer to the second half of the season. Won't have as much playing time.
5. N'Keal Harry - They have Edelman and White will get a ton of targets. DThomas is done imo. Harry should see a lot of action.

This is really tough bc there are so many impact players. Darius Leonard won last year and LB's seem to win it a lot. I also think a CB will be in the discussion.

DROY
1. Nick Bosa - he is surrounded by a pretty damn good D-line and he is NFL ready.
2. Devin White - He will be the centerpiece of this defense.
3. Quinnen Williams - He is also surrounded by a pretty solid D-Line.
4. Ed Oliver - He will be a big impact player.
5a. Devin Bush - So many guys on this PIT defense to account for.
5b. Greedy Williams - lockdown CB I would see him matching up against the 2nd or 3rd WR and having a field day

Other key guys that be in the running: Clenin Ferrell, Josh Allen, Johnathan Abram, Montez Sweat, Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I love a couple of these TE's in this class I have to go by history, there has never been a TE selected as ROY, if I am correct.

Marquise Brown not on my list bc of the Ravens offensive scheme and Lamar Jackson.

OROY
1. Kyler Murray - Gotta put him here. He is the starter from Day 1. He has some weapons and he might struggle but he will have the ball in his hands pretty much every play. This is strictly on having the most opportunity, maybe not the best stats.
2. Josh Jacobs - he is going to have a lot of opportunities.
3. Mecole Hardman - not high on this kid but he is explosive and Mahomes will get him the ball.
4. Dwayne Haskins (I put him this low bc they have Keenum and if he does start I think it would closer to the second half of the season. Won't have as much playing time.
5. N'Keal Harry - They have Edelman and White will get a ton of targets. DThomas is done imo. Harry should see a lot of action.

This is really tough bc there are so many impact players. Darius Leonard won last year and LB's seem to win it a lot. I also think a CB will be in the discussion.

DROY
1. Nick Bosa - he is surrounded by a pretty damn good D-line and he is NFL ready.
2. Devin White - He will be the centerpiece of this defense.
3. Quinnen Williams - He is also surrounded by a pretty solid D-Line.
4. Ed Oliver - He will be a big impact player.
5a. Devin Bush - So many guys on this PIT defense to account for.
5b. Greedy Williams - lockdown CB I would see him matching up against the 2nd or 3rd WR and having a field day

Other key guys that be in the running: Clenin Ferrell, Josh Allen, Johnathan Abram, Montez Sweat, Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker.
I agree with a lot of this. The lack of Marquise Brown on everyone's list is pretty telling about what people think of Lamar Jackson because he was the top WR and lots of people think he fits the RPO perfectly. It sounds like no one thinks that Jackson can get him that ball.

As far as Mecole Hardman is concerned, I think he is going to be used like rookie year Tyreek Hill and not 2018 Tyreek Hill. If I had to guess, Hardman will get about 80 targets on offense and full time returning duties. I don't think he can get OROY with that type of role on the team. Hardman is a special teams player first and a WR second. I don't think he is ready to be the top WR in the Chiefs offense. Sammy Watkins is going to be the player who will be asked to step up and I think Watkins will get around 100 targets next year if he stays healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of this. The lack of Marquise Brown on everyone's list is pretty telling about what people think of Lamar Jackson because he was the top WR and lots of people think he fits the RPO perfectly. It sounds like no one thinks that Jackson can get him that ball.

As far as Mecole Hardman is concerned, I think he is going to be used like rookie year Tyreek Hill and not 2018 Tyreek Hill. If I had to guess, Hardman will get about 80 targets on offense and full time returning duties. I don't think he can get OROY with that type of role on the team. Hardman is a special teams player first and a WR second. I don't think he is ready to be the top WR in the Chiefs offense. Sammy Watkins is going to be the player who will be asked to step up and I think Watkins will get around 100 targets next year if he stays healthy.

I could have very well put Jacobs at #1. So that was a tough decision, 1 and 2. I think Haskins could be higher just right now unsure how much he will play, if at all. I think he can legitimately compete for the job though.

Hardman was just my off-the-wall pick bc I think he will have more opportunities. I am still unsure about how productive he can be as a pro.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a massive failure on Philly's part IMO. Howard has regressed a ton since his rookie year, and Clement is a fringe talent.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the pro-Hardman folks are right, I really do... Would be nice to continue to have 3 strong pass catching options (not counting RB's)

Now that Thornhill guy... I like.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a massive failure on Philly's part IMO. Howard has regressed a ton since his rookie year, and Clement is a fringe talent.
No...no he really hasn't. He had a down year this last season, but only because the Bears didn't utilize him as much. He will do well in Philly.

He still has the third most rushing yards since entering the league, and still had 9 TDs last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the pro-Hardman folks are right, I really do... Would be nice to continue to have 3 strong pass catching options (not counting RB's)

Now that Thornhill guy... I like.
Me too. I think he has a massive year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...no he really hasn't. He had a down year this last season, but only because the Bears didn't utilize him as much. He will do well in Philly.

He still has the third most rushing yards since entering the league.
He had the 6th most carries in the NFL last year, and was only 8 carries behind #3. Your bolded assertion is absurd.

And yes, yes he unequivocally has regressed since his rookie year, and it doesn't take much to understand it. He's gone from 5.2 YPC as a rookie, to 4.1 in 2017, to 3.7 last year. If he was the same RB as he was as a rookie, why would he not still be in Chicago?

I couldn't care less about stats from 2016, which was by far his best year as a pro. He's a plodder who will be in the LaGarrette Blount role, if he's lucky. He's a FA after the year. You don't draft a RB in the 2nd round if you plan on sitting him behind a mediocre RB like Howard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had the 6th most carries in the NFL last year, and was only 8 carries behind #3. Your bolded assertion is absurd.

And yes, yes he unequivocally has regressed since his rookie year, and it doesn't take much to understand it. He's gone from 5.2 YPC as a rookie, to 4.1 in 2017, to 3.7 last year. If he was the same RB as he was as a rookie, why would he not still be in Chicago?

I couldn't care less about stats from 2016, which was by far his best year as a pro. He's a plodder who will be in the LaGarrette Blount role, if he's lucky. He's a FA after the year. You don't draft a RB in the 2nd round if you plan on sitting him behind a mediocre RB like Howard.

Look at his stats the last 5 games of last season, when they switched back to a zone blocking scheme.

Nobody is going to average over 5 yards per carry their whole career, dude.

If he is so mediocre, why is he 3rd in rushing over the last 3 years?

Why did they trade for him, to begin with? Why not just draft yer back of the future? Nobody knows what rookies will amount to. You know what you have in Howard. A durable back that just moves the chains.

I think he will have a good year.