• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Team's Surprise Player

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halfway through the season now, I'm sure we anticipated production from established starters as well as from other players that caught some hype in the preseason. But which player on offense and which player on defense exceeded your expectations and are starting to inch their way toward being household names?

For Ohio State:

Offense-Curtis Samuel(H-Back): Gotta love when Meyer throws around the Harvin comparisons rather flippantly, and Samuel has had his share(even if the production didn't necessarily meet the praise). I was skeptical when Meyer said Samuel was our best playmaker, as well as nervous considering his low amount of production. However:

50 rushes for 410 yards at an 8.2 ypc and 3 TDs
23 receptions for 345 yards for 3 TDs

It isn't out of the realm of possibility to see Samuel get 1000 rushing/1000 receiving if he can continue his pace.

Defense-Malik Hooker(S): A composite 3* coming out of high school, not much was expected considering the hype surrounding the other secondary players that committed in the '14 class Now he is tied for the lead in INTs in the nation at 4(1 returned, should be 2 but whatever). A relative unknown, but now is starting to be considered the top safety in the country and grading out as a potential first round draft pick.

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Florida: E-D-D-I-E!! (the kicker). We needed a great kicker in the WORST way!

For Virginia Tech: Jerrod Evans, a JUCO first year starter who is lighting it up with Logan Thomas' power running and Tyrod Taylor's passing.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it would be RB Joshua Jacobs. 5'10" three-star that has been a rock.
Nice pull T2.... He is a lot bigger surprise than Hurts... We heard and saw JH in the spring. This Jacobs kid came out of nowhere.... I hope he is going to be able to play Saturday.... Any of you Bama fans heard anything on that??

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is: RT Jonah Williams and RB Joshua Jacobs. Both are freshman, but really impressive so far. At times, I think Jonah may be the best OL player we have on the field.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pull T2.... He is a lot bigger surprise than Hurts... We heard and saw JH in the spring. This Jacobs kid came out of nowhere.... I hope he is going to be able to play Saturday.... Any of you Bama fans heard anything on that??
He was practicing with the team as of two days ago.

utpimp

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,236.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Shane Beuchelle, never expected a true freshman to play so well. Also, RB Foreman, 2nd in the FBS in yards this year.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Beal for me. 2 star JUCO kid who I think didn't even deserve to be on the field at first. (especially with 2 5* star guys behind him on the depth chart). But when you actually watch him, he's flying around everywhere. Plays way bigger than his size too. Has 38 tackles and a sack so far in year 1.

Offense:Walk on center Erick Wren. Gave a former starter in Alvarez quite a battle in the offseason and wasnt even on scholarship until two weeks ago but I'd say he's more than held his own since getting the starting job.
Video: Oklahoma walk-on Erick Wren awarded scholarship

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler O'Connor.
He has blown more goats than a horny Isis hillbilly.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trayveon Williams tailback he's one one of the best in SEC right now and he's only a freshmen.
Cullen Gillaspia Sophmore walk on linebacker also the 12th man also make a case for Donovan Wilson the junior defensive back.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude came out of nowhere in high school. It was like weeks away till signing day until people actually got to see his film and then he had everyone after him. Definitely a gem.

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Bama fans, whats the deal with Bo Scarbrough? Figured he'd be the leading rusher as he looks the part of a freakish tailback.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Beal for me. 2 star JUCO kid who I think didn't even deserve to be on the field at first. (especially with 2 5* star guys behind him on the depth chart). But when you actually watch him, he's flying around everywhere. Plays way bigger than his size too. Has 38 tackles and a sack so far in year 1.

Offense:Walk on center Erick Wren. Gave a former starter in Alvarez quite a battle in the offseason and wasnt even on scholarship until two weeks ago but I'd say he's more than held his own since getting the starting job.
Video: Oklahoma walk-on Erick Wren awarded scholarship

+1 Beal was my first thought.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's crazy how his recruiting went. A month or so before signing day his best offer was Wyoming. Those last few weeks had to have been a whirlwind for him.

For us I gotta go with Justice Hill. It's nice to actually have a running game again.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Bama fans, whats the deal with Bo Scarbrough? Figured he'd be the leading rusher as he looks the part of a freakish tailback.
I think he's in the same spot Derrick Henry was his first year. Henry had to find his place and I think that is Bo's deal too combined with a string of injuries that have made him somewhat hesitant (remember, Henry had a Laquon Treadwell/Kenyan Drake level leg break in spring camp his freshman year). I think he will find himself eventually. It's a waiting game.

RaginCajun019

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Boise State, I would say WR Cedrick Wilson Jr. (JUCO transfer, son of former '9ers/Steelers WR). We Broncos knew what we'd get from Thomas Sperbeck - currently 10th nationally in yardage - but Wilson has been a tremendous weapon for Brett Rypien with 5 TD catches so far (as well as 2-2 passing for 84 yds and 1 TD). He may be NFL talent after next year. I'd say the same about Sperbeck, but he's just too, I don't know...

Thomas Sperbeck 2015 (junior year):
ac069b30-7bfb-11e5-ae3e-93a1d5ba52cb_boise.gif