• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your teams draft picks

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read he is the 5th longsnapper taken in modern draft history i think its a better pick than the linebacker we took in the 5th and the RB we took in the 7th
That's a bold move Cotton

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the draft experts did
NFL DRAFT

It scores how many of the names on their top 100 lists were drafted in the top 100
Mayock and Mcshay tied for 6th with an 84 and Kiper tied for 33rd with a 79

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 (10) Eli Apple CB-Ohio State
2 (40) Sterling Shepard WR-Oklahoma
3 (71) Darian Thompson FS-Boise State
4 (109) B.J. Goodson ILB-Clemson
5 (149) Paul Perkins RB-UCLA
6 (184) Jerell Adams TE-South Carolina

I'm not going to criticize or jump for joy with any of these picks. I'll let it play out. At least they didn't trade up to take a kicker in the 2nd round. Some say Apple is too high at #10. We'll see. I've heard rave reviews for their 2nd round pick of Sterling Shepard as well as Goodson and Perkins being good picks. Time will tell.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1:25 CB; Artie Burns - Miami
2:58 CB S; Sean Davis - Maryland
3:89 DT; Javon Hargrave - S Carolina St
4:123 OT; Jerald Hawkins - LSU
6:220 OLB ILB/ST?; Travis Feeney - Washington
7:229 WR/PR/KR; Demarcus Ayers - Houston
7:246 ILB; Tyler Matakevich - Temple

Most, if not all are projects. The Steelers had the least to improve. It is much harder to improve the higher the peak, as the peak narrows. It looks like they picked up some serious raw athleticism. Hopefully, the coaching staff can hone them to perfection. Should have some serious contenders from this bunch, and hopefully very soon. Really love the top 4. Both Burns & Davis weren't on my radar, but looks to have great upside. Not sure if either will make an impact early on, but should be able to rotate in. Hargrave is a great addition. Great size & motor. Should make an impact early on. I personally wanted Billings at that point in the draft, but I trust Colbert made the right decision. Hawkins is a project, but his upside is huge. Munchak should be able to make a great player out of him down the road. Not really sure what to think of Feeney just yet. He's outrageously athletic (4.5s speed, 40" vert, 130" broad jump), but he's too small to be an OLB in this system. My guess is he will fill the role that Terrence Garvin left at ILB/ST. At least early on until he carves out a niche. Ayers should alleviate AB from PR duties. That's the plan anways. Doubt he will make any impact on the offense where the WR position is loaded. Matakevich is an interesting prospect. College production off the charts, but his size & speed will make it difficult for him to produce at the NFL level. Heard lots of great things about him though. Film room junkie, hard worker, great nose for the ball, relentless, tough as nails, etc.

Yep...goes w/o saying the Steelers had trouble stopping the pass LY...with 47 reg. season sacks it wasn't on the front 7...Tomlin chose to play a CB that was the most targeted and reportedly gave up the most completed passes in the league...of course said CB was Antwon Blake, and he is now elsewhere....thankfully.

I'm more bullish on the top 4 in the class than maybe some others are even though they may not get a starter from this group this season.

Billings...we both liked him and until I got the insight on Hargrave I really felt they were going to take Billings...once a projected 1st rd DT started sliding beyond the 1st rd...it was clear that most teams did not feel he was a 3 down player...now that he's in CIN...I hope that's true. As long as Hargrave comes into camp hungry and in shape...I expect him to play a lot this season.

Burns & Davis will get a shot to show what they can do, but with a yr under his belt in the system...Cockrell will most likely win the job at CB and likewise with Golden @ S.

Feeney should make it on ST, and battle for a depth spot at ILB...no way can he play OLB at his size this yr...but if he adds 20lbsm and gets stronger...who knows in '17 maybe....love the potential.

As you mentioned...PIT has changed up their draft philosophy a little...starting with Shazier, and then Dupree from LY...they want speed behind the DL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to criticize or jump for joy with any of these picks. I'll let it play out. At least they didn't trade up to take a kicker in the 2nd round. Some say Apple is too high at #10. We'll see. I've heard rave reviews for their 2nd round pick of Sterling Shepard as well as Goodson and Perkins being good picks. Time will tell.

I like what the NYG did...yeah 10 might be high for Apple, but assuming he's a good scheme fit, he's starter material...40, 71, 184...all have a chance to be impact players.

A lot of people are crapping on the Bucs taking a kicker...the trading up part I don't get, but if he's as good as advertised, there's a good chance he will play 8+ yrs and might have more impact on outcomes than any 2nd round pick in this draft...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Corey Coleman, WR Baylor
2. Emmanuel Ogbah, DE/LB Oklahoma State
3a. Carl Nassib, DE Penn State
3b. Shon Coleman, OT Aubur
n
3c. Cody Kessler, QB USC
4a. Joe Schobert, OLB Wisconsin
4b. Ricardo Louis, WR Auburn
4c. Derrick Kindrid, S TCU
4d. Seth DeValve, WR/TE Princeton
5a. Jordan Payton, WR UCLA
5b. Spencer Drango, OT/G Baylor
5c. Rashard Higgins, WR Colorado St.

5d. Trey Caldwell, CB ULM
7. Scooby Wright III, MLB Arizona

I love the bolded ones, and think all of them will play big parts on the team, if not start. I think as rookies, we will see both Colemans, Higgins, and Schobert start, with Wright and Nassib eventually starting after rotating in a lot. Ogbah could mean the end of either Paul Kruger's or Barkevious Mingo's time in Cleveland, likely Kruger. At any rate, they did an amazing job of fortifying several areas of need this year while setting themselves up very nicely for next year's elite class coming out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3b. Shon Coleman, OT Aubur
n
3c. Cody Kessler, QB USC

I love the bolded ones, and think all of them will play big parts on the team, if not start. I think as rookies, we will see both Colemans, Higgins, and Schobert start, with Wright and Nassib eventually starting after rotating in a lot. Ogbah could mean the end of either Paul Kruger's or Barkevious Mingo's time in Cleveland, likely Kruger. At any rate, they did an amazing job of fortifying several areas of need this year while setting themselves up very nicely for next year's elite class coming out.
I see a lot of high upside projects. Coleman is ridiculously fast but only runs 2 routes and never run blocked in college.

Ogbah is a freak but really raw in pass rushing skill. Nassib is a one year wonder who could be really special or that one year could be a fluke. Offensive linemen from Auburn and Baylor are a huge risk, too.

If you trust the coaching, its a great draft. I think there is a good chance that one or two pro bowlers will come from this and a lot of busts will come from this.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love the Shepard pick, a lot of Randall Cobb comps, and Ill take that

Get a feeling Paul Perkins becomes the Giants lead back next season

And ive read that Adams, the TE, is a steal

So besides Apple, i think they did well

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of high upside projects. Coleman is ridiculously fast but only runs 2 routes and never run blocked in college.

Ogbah is a freak but really raw in pass rushing skill. Nassib is a one year wonder who could be really special or that one year could be a fluke. Offensive linemen from Auburn and Baylor are a huge risk, too.

If you trust the coaching, its a great draft. I think there is a good chance that one or two pro bowlers will come from this and a lot of busts will come from this.
Yeah the Coleman route-running is a bit of a concern, but he's the best lid-lifter at WR since ODB came out. I doubt they're going to look at him to be working the route tree, probably more of a Travis Benjamin-type replacement.

Ogbah is fascinating, but I don't think he'll ever be a major stud. Nassib, on the other hand, I'm excited about. Schobert I think may end up being the best defensive player we drafted. Higgins, IMO, will be the best pick of the entire haul. He isn't a supernatural athlete, but his routes are clean, he competes and his hands are very reliable.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Shepard pick, a lot of Randall Cobb comps, and Ill take that

Get a feeling Paul Perkins becomes the Giants lead back next season

And ive read that Adams, the TE, is a steal

So besides Apple, i think they did well
Perkins and Adams were unbelievable finds that late. I agree about Perkins, I think he was the second best overall back in this class, so getting him in the 5th was unreal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins and Adams were unbelievable finds that late. I agree about Perkins, I think he was the second best overall back in this class, so getting him in the 5th was unreal.

Love the Shepard pick (don't know about Cobb; more like Lockett IMO), and Perkins was great value. Adams has potential, but he'll need to bulk up a bit to be much of a blocker. I was surprised to see him slide that late as well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Shepard pick (don't know about Cobb; more like Lockett IMO), and Perkins was great value. Adams has potential, but he'll need to bulk up a bit to be much of a blocker. I was surprised to see him slide that late as well.

I just heard Cobb by one writer

Love that he had the highest catch completion rate in the nation, kid caught like almost every pass intended for him

really like how he slides into that slot

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Jackson - Really like this pick. With Doctson off the board (the only real WR I would have loved to get) this was a great pick. Has a chance to be the premier CB in this draft, and elite cover skills. Added bonus to take the player that the Steelers really wanted and (in my opinion) forced them into a panick pick of Burns (I am a huge "U" fan, and Burns was NOT a 1st round talent/guy. Good, but not 1st round good, IMO).

Tyler Boyd - Wasn't really thrilled with this pick. Everyone seems to love it, but really wanted a speed guy. However, it's hard to argue his production at Pitt breaking all of Fitz's records (and doing it with shitty QB's, to boot). I think he's a guy that will come in and play out of the slot and make tough catches, but like I said, really would have loved to see a speed guy.

Nick Vigil - When 3 guys who know LB plays all rave about a guy, I'll defer to them. I don't think he's ever going to be a stud, but his speed will help with passing defense from the LB spot, which has been a weakness for years.

Andrew Billings - HUGE, HUGE, HUGE pick. He may not be a 3-down DT, but the Bengals won't use him as a 3-down DT. He's a guy that can/will replace Peko, be huge in the run game, and then rotate out (as the Bengals always do at this spot for Peko) on obvious passing downs. A perfect fit for the DL rotation that the Bengals employ.

Christian Westerman - Solid pick. Could have been a late 2nd or 3rd rounder, got him in the 5th. Adds to the OL depth, which was buoyed last year by Fischer and Ogbuhe (SP?).

Cody Core - Started 2 years opposite of Treadwell as Ole Miss. Adds speed element, and a special teams stalwart. Could do worse this late in the draft.

Clayton Fejedelem - from NAIA, to Illinois, to Big10 leading tackler. Isn't flashy, and lacks elite athleticism to be a top end player, but has a knack for getting to the ball, and making the tackle. Adds depth at the S position with the loss of Nelson.

Overall - Can't be unhappy with how things worked out. By resisting the temptation to trade up for a WR they really wanted, they landed some killer value in their other picks, with major upside. Not a lot of flash, but a good amount of substance to add to an already stocked team.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3b. Shon Coleman, OT Auburn
3c. Cody Kessler, QB USC

I like the draft. Addressed needs on the defensive line and at WR. Pretty obvious that the new front office has a plan going forward and I like their draft style.

Give the system a few years to work and the Brownies can be competitive again.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 (29). Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
3 (92). Brandon Williams, CB, Texas A&M
4 (128). Evan Boehm, C, Missouri
5 (167). Marqui Christian, S, Midwestern State
5 (170). Cole Toner, OT, Harvard
6 (205). Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana State

Decent draft overall. If Nkemdiche keeps his head on straight, he could be the steal of the draft.