• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Biggest Bust

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has a strong enough arm and all the intangibles to make a decent QB. Pennington made it as a fairly successful QB with a very average arm.

I'm on record elsewhere for saying he'll be successful, one of the few who feel that way. Think he'll have success just because he is a tough SOB and his teammates will follow him. Just my opinion, not a prophet here. :rollseyes:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to define bust here because imo he won't be a bust if he's a starter but not a star. fwiw idt Clowney will live up the hype either, but think about it...one play in a bowl game is really what started the hype...aside from that, what else has he done to warrant the label...potential best DE prospect ever...that one is too easy.

My pick would be Manziel...he's been a great college player that idt has the skillset to be a long term starter in the NFL...of course this was an easy one as well.

I can see him as a Doug Flutie. Perhaps not a bust, but certainly not a "cant miss player" that he claims to be.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has a strong enough arm and all the intangibles to make a decent QB. Pennington made it as a fairly successful QB with a very average arm.

He doesn't have a strong enough arm, or enough accuracy, or the ability to make a single NFL throw.

But even if he had a chad Pennington career, that would absolutely be a massive bust for the top 5 pick he's going to get taken with.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record elsewhere for saying he'll be successful, one of the few who feel that way. Think he'll have success just because he is a tough SOB and his teammates will follow him. Just my opinion, not a prophet here. :rollseyes:

Lol. You're one of the better UT posters. I like that you're not an absolute asshole and not totally biased. The thing is, I thought Ryan Leaf was better than Peyton Manning coming out of college, so I have reservations on claiming anything. I just observe and try to make an educated guess. I think Johnny can be a successful QB, all things considered. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have a strong enough arm, or enough accuracy, or the ability to make a single NFL throw.

But even if he had a chad Pennington career, that would absolutely be a massive bust for the top 5 pick he's going to get taken with.

Manziel is more talented than the QB in your avatar.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not. I don't think Wilson can ever be elite, but he has a much stronger, much more accurate arm, and a much wider range of throws than Manziel could dream of.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not. I don't think Wilson can ever be elite, but he has a much stronger, much more accurate arm, and a much wider range of throws than Manziel could dream of.

If all it takes is as strong, accurate arm...well shit, Jamarcus Russell is a perennial All Pro right now!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VSnn8mA7hQ]Darren Sproles TD vs. Kansas City - YouTube[/ame]

surely he could make that throw? i mean thats an pro bowl qb throw

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not all it takes. But it is a prerequisite. You cannot succeed at QB in the NFL without the ability to pass the football. It isn't possible.

You need other characteristics as well. But you can't fake or make up for an arm.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. If Manziel played for Seattle, he could turn around and hand it off, use his arm and legs to move the chains, and stay out of his defenses way, just like Wilson.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not all it takes. But it is a prerequisite. You cannot succeed at QB in the NFL without the ability to pass the football. It isn't possible.

You need other characteristics as well. But you can't fake or make up for an arm.

Insert, Chad Pennington. Montana was the best to ever play but had an average arm. He was just smart and precise.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm isn't just strength. Putting the ball where it needs to be is just as important. Manziel has neither.

Pennington was far more accurate than Manziel is, and was a below average QB.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. If Manziel played for Seattle, he could turn around and hand it off, use his arm and legs to move the chains, and stay out of his defenses way, just like Wilson.

If Manziel played for Seattle they'd be sub-.500. They have the team to carry a lot of QBs, but not one as terrible as Manziel.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm isn't just strength. Putting the ball where it needs to be is just as important. Manziel has neither.

Pennington was far more accurate than Manziel is, and was a below average QB.

^ Inaccurate statement as Manziel has yet to play an NFL down.

If we want to talk college ball though, Manziel was one of the most proficient passers in the NCAA for 2 seasons.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to play a snap in the NFL to have your arm talent evaluated. Manziel has a joke of an arm and there is zero possibility of it improving to an NFL caliber one or that he can succeed without one.

Tim Tebow put up very comparable stats to Manziel. Stats mean nothing. The throws you can and can't make mean everything, and Manziel cannot make the throws needed to even be a backup in the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manziel played for Seattle they'd be sub-.500. They have the team to carry a lot of QBs, but not one as terrible as Manziel.

You are mistaken. He will probably go to a shit team, so who knows? If Wilson were drafted by Oakland, they'd have been the same sack of shit. He's carried by his team

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison of Manziel to Tebow is asinine. There is literally no comparison to be made. Tebow threw the ball into dirt more than to a receiver or even defensive back. Johnny throws an actual ball and it doesn't dig itself into a wormhole. Comparison unfounded.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel may not live up to the hype of his own f'n Nike pro day clothing line but he won't be a bust.

Any first round pick from Alabama will bust, (as they usually do), and I'm not sure Teddy Bridgewater will ever develop into an effective starting QB in this league.

You have a case for Rolando McClain. Care to make one for Saban's other 13 1st rounders at Bama? Here's a clue. 11 of them were NFL starters in 2013 and the other two are Ingram and Richardson who've dealt with injuries each of their brief years yet combined still have 3200+ rushing and receiving yards and 27 TD's. You're already a far cry from "as they usually do."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison of Manziel to Tebow is asinine. There is literally no comparison to be made. Tebow threw the ball into dirt more than to a receiver or even defensive back. Johnny throws an actual ball and it doesn't dig itself into a wormhole. Comparison unfounded.

It was simply to point out the absurdity of using college stats to claim someone can throw. Tebow and Manziel had pretty similar efficiency numbers in college.

It doesn't mean you have an NFL capable arm.