• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Biggest Bust

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we see things a little differently. There are plenty of pundits that don't think Johnny can play at the next level. His pro day won't sway most of them. He threw to a his own guy with no defense. Not sure how impressive that really is. I personally hope he makes it but even I can't project what he will do. He's not going to be a bust but he might surprise some naysayers.
Hmm. I guess it depends on how one might seek info about the prospects when it comes to who could be a bust. I'm basing my opinion on the just the media that I have seen or read.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any quarterback drafted in the first round this year. I don't like this class except for the deeper picks with a lot of up side.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we see things a little differently. There are plenty of pundits that don't think Johnny can play at the next level. His pro day won't sway most of them. He threw to a his own guy with no defense. Not sure how impressive that really is. I personally hope he makes it but even I can't project what he will do. He's not going to be a bust but he might surprise some naysayers.

I dont put much stock in to evaluating QBs based on passing drills, but I think its unfair to criticize these guys for choosing to throw to receivers that they have chemistry with. When they get to their team they will have à group of guys to develop that chemistry with, they wont be throwing to strangers all year.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the motor or competetive nature to be JJ Watt.

I agree. I'm not that hyped on him but others are. I don't think he will ever reach elite status in the NFL. I personally think he can be good but not great. His mentality won't allow him to be at J.J.'s level or even close. He's gonna be a Mario Williams-esque, player. That's pretty good but not great.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the motor or competetive nature to be JJ Watt.
I tend to agree about Clowney but I think he will be a starter for a team and maybe gets his shit together. Will he be a great player? Who knows. I think he will be better than some...again...this is the media that drives the hype.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont put much stock in to evaluating QBs based on passing drills, but I think its unfair to criticize these guys for choosing to throw to receivers that they have chemistry with. When they get to their team they will have à group of guys to develop that chemistry with, they wont be throwing to strangers all year.

I wasn't criticizing him at all. Just saying it's not all that impressive. Especially considering how talented that receiver is. I'm pulling for the kid. I just don't see how someone with as many questions as he has, can be a considered a bust. There is no universal agreement that he's going to be a good NFL quarterback.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm not that hyped on him but others are. I don't think he will ever reach elite status in the NFL. I personally think he can be good but not great. His mentality won't allow him to be at J.J.'s level or even close. He's gonna be a Mario Williams-esque, player. That's pretty good but not great.

Thats à good comparison with Williams. John Clayton said something about Williams i always thought to be true, that he is a sacker, not à pass rusher. He gets a few sacks every now and then, usually in bunches, but he does not provide any kind of consistant pass rush.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really a relative term. What you expect of a player and what they become. I don't think anyone has great expectations of Manziel. Some people don't even think he can play in the NFL. Therefore, I don't see how he can be a bust. Clowney on the other hand is hyped beyond human capability. He's supposed to be the next Reggie White or even better. All off one massive hit in a bowl game. He even took a year off for all intents and purposes but people still praise him as if he's equivalent of an NFL messiah. If he's not a J.J. Watt level player, he is a bust.

Because he's almost certainly going to be drafted top 10, and he will certainly be out of the league in five years.

steelerstew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whomever the browns pick in the first round

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus Kouandjio

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr. Not sure what he brings other than size and arm strength.

Also not sold on Bradley Roby. He was burned almost on a weekly basis last season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel… Only because the Browns will be dumb enough to think he's a starting NFL QB.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney and Manziel are in the same boat. Either they will be huge stars or utter busts.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney has significant upside. Manziel has literally none.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney doesn't have the mentality/competitiveness for the NFL. Do just enough to hang around.

Manziel has the mentality/competitiveness for the NFL, but not the physical abilities.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney doesn't have the mentality/competitiveness for the NFL. Do just enough to hang around.

Manziel has the mentality/competitiveness for the NFL, but not the physical abilities.

Manziel has a strong enough arm and all the intangibles to make a decent QB. Pennington made it as a fairly successful QB with a very average arm.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel may not live up to the hype of his own f'n Nike pro day clothing line but he won't be a bust.

Any first round pick from Alabama will bust, (as they usually do), and I'm not sure Teddy Bridgewater will ever develop into an effective starting QB in this league.