• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Biggest Bust

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pre-draft, whats your prediction of the biggest bust? Many will select JFF. Make your selection based off perceived ability, not just national status. I'm going out on a limb and picking Clowney as my biggest bust. He will probably be a good player but he won't be a great player. He won't live up to the hype.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i-am-waiting-for-my-boyfriend.-what-are-you-waiting-for.jpg

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh draft bust?

I too think it's Clowney, for now. It will end up being considered someone else once a couple years play out because I do think that Clowney will be productive. He seems like the kind of player to do just enough to keep his numbers up, but wont be a consistent pressure provider.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say until I see who drafts who. That's going to determine a lot.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I think Khalil Mack will be a bust. He played at Buffalo. So he hasn't played much against quality competition.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh draft bust?

I too think it's Clowney, for now. It will end up being considered someone else once a couple years play out because I do think that Clowney will be productive. He seems like the kind of player to do just enough to keep his numbers up, but wont be a consistent pressure provider.

People (Sickness) are in love with him. I think anyone that is capable of taking a season off, no matter the reason, are capable of doing so at any time. Hardcore players are hardcore, it's instinctive. Clowney is not trustworthy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever is taken with the 1st pick in the draft. Whether it is Clowney or a QB.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I think Khalil Mack will be a bust. He played at Buffalo. So he hasn't played much against quality competition.

What I like about Mack is also what I dont like about Clowney, he's relentless.

And a lot of pass rushers come from small schools, Jared Allen, Demarcus Ware, Robert Mathis, Osi Umenyiora all played against similar competition in college.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's overrated. What quality competition did Jerry Rice face in college?

Ability to play is ability to play. College competition means nothing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pre-draft, whats your prediction of the biggest bust? Many will select JFF. Make your selection based off perceived ability, not just national status. I'm going out on a limb and picking Clowney as my biggest bust. He will probably be a good player but he won't be a great player. He won't live up to the hype.

We need to define bust here because imo he won't be a bust if he's a starter but not a star. fwiw idt Clowney will live up the hype either, but think about it...one play in a bowl game is really what started the hype...aside from that, what else has he done to warrant the label...potential best DE prospect ever...that one is too easy.

My pick would be Manziel...he's been a great college player that idt has the skillset to be a long term starter in the NFL...of course this was an easy one as well.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron (TE) and Lewan (OT) will be busts. Mid 1st round grades.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to define bust here because imo he won't be a bust if he's a starter but not a star. fwiw idt Clowney will live up the hype either, but think about it...one play in a bowl game is really what started the hype...aside from that, what else has he done to warrant the label...potential best DE prospect ever...that one is too easy.

My pick would be Manziel...he's been a great college player that idt has the skillset to be a long term starter in the NFL...of course this was an easy one as well.
I thought he would be a bust from the start. After his pro day and the way most of the media is hanging on his nuts as if he will be a great NFL QB ,I will now say he is for sure my top bust of this draft.
Edit: speaking about Manziel.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really a relative term. What you expect of a player and what they become. I don't think anyone has great expectations of Manziel. Some people don't even think he can play in the NFL. Therefore, I don't see how he can be a bust. Clowney on the other hand is hyped beyond human capability. He's supposed to be the next Reggie White or even better. All off one massive hit in a bowl game. He even took a year off for all intents and purposes but people still praise him as if he's equivalent of an NFL messiah. If he's not a J.J. Watt level player, he is a bust.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he would be a bust from the start. After his pro day and the way most of the media is hanging on his nuts as if he will be a great NFL QB ,I will now say he is for sure my top bust of this draft.

I guess we see things a little differently. There are plenty of pundits that don't think Johnny can play at the next level. His pro day won't sway most of them. He threw to a his own guy with no defense. Not sure how impressive that really is. I personally hope he makes it but even I can't project what he will do. He's not going to be a bust but he might surprise some naysayers.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really a relative term. What you expect of a player and what they become. I don't think anyone has great expectations of Manziel. Some people don't even think he can play in the NFL. Therefore, I don't see how he can be a bust. Clowney on the other hand is hyped beyond human capability. He's supposed to be the next Reggie White or even better. All off one massive hit in a bowl game. He even took a year off for all intents and purposes but people still praise him as if he's equivalent of an NFL messiah. If he's not a J.J. Watt level player, he is a bust.

He doesn't have the motor or competetive nature to be JJ Watt.