• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Young vs Simmons

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This matchup should merit some thought. Simmons has the speed, athletic ability and motor to be every bit as good or better than Young imo but also has the ability to move around on the field as a playmaker for our defense. I could see a scenario where "if" we could trade back with the Lions knowing they want Tua, we get our pick of Simmons, Young and another top 50 pick plus some.

Interested to hear feedback.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This matchup should merit some thought. Simmons has the speed, athletic ability and motor to be every bit as good or better than Young imo but also has the ability to move around on the field as a playmaker for our defense. I could see a scenario where "if" we could trade back with the Lions knowing they want Tua, we get our pick of Simmons, Young and another top 50 pick plus some.

I say the academy award to our guy (s) if they can sell this con. :suds:

What,?? too much???

How about a daytime Emmy?:pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Taylor vs LT , pick your poison

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Young. We are staying at #2. Don't believe the hype we are trading down.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might take Simmons straight up LOL

look we ain’t trading down but not looking at it is foolish I would take Simmons , Thomas , Ruggs and trautman all day long and if we get only chase then it’s all good

can’t lose on this one

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the academy award to our guy (s) if they can sell this con. :suds:

What,?? too much???

How about a daytime Emmy?:pound:
My point Sty is that Simmons and Young are interchangeable with Simmons being the more versatile player.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me the details of this scenario trade and ill tell you what i love or hate about it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point Sty is that Simmons and Young are interchangeable with Simmons being the more versatile player.

I get what you're expressing, so let me ask...
Do you see where Simmons can be as impactful as Young if the focus is the front seven?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons Sua Cravens samething take best player that's Young

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am intrigued by Simmons.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're expressing, so let me ask...
Do you see where Simmons can be as impactful as Young if the focus is the front seven?
He could have a bigger impact on the defense because of his speed and versatility than Young. Young will likely line up on one side and do his thing. Simmons will be placed all over the field depending on situation to make plays.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the details of this scenario trade and ill tell you what i love or hate about it
I'm guessing the Lions could really use Stafford's replacement in house. They pick #3 knowing full well the Dolphins have made it known they want Tua. The Lions, if they have done their homework, know that barring the hip injury, Tua is better than Burrow. Even though Tua has/will be medically cleared 3/9, having him around Stafford for a year to learn, get 100% healthy and removed from injury and ready to roll in 2021. I believe the cap hit to release Stafford next year is minimal.

Skins swap places with Lions and receive #3, #35 & 6th rounder this year and conditional pick in 2021. In this agreement to swap places the Lions agree to take Tua which leaves us Young, the pick of TE's or WR and additional picks later. If the Lions want to swap places and take Young, then no deal. It's the QB you must want for #2.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have a bigger impact on the defense because of his speed and versatility than Young. Young will likely line up on one side and do his thing. Simmons will be placed all over the field depending on situation to make plays.

I couldn’t disagree more.

Who impacted games more, LT or Ray Lewis? I am sorry but a guy that can get 20 sacks and defend the run is more important than a field general, no matter how great. If Young is a 20 sack guy, he is by far better. If he is a 12-15 guy and Simmons is a faster Ray Lewis, then we have a discussion.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who impacted games more, LT or Ray Lewis? I am sorry but a guy that can get 20 sacks and defend the run is more important than a field general, no matter how great. If Young is a 20 sack guy, he is by far better. If he is a 12-15 guy and Simmons is a faster Ray Lewis, then we have a discussion.
I couldn't disagree more. Plus, Young will never be a 20 sack guy.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry gk, didn't answer your question. In his day LT of course. In Lewis' day, it was Lewis of course. :nod:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the Lions could really use Stafford's replacement in house. They pick #3 knowing full well the Dolphins have made it known they want Tua. The Lions, if they have done their homework, know that barring the hip injury, Tua is better than Burrow. Even though Tua has/will be medically cleared 3/9, having him around Stafford for a year to learn, get 100% healthy and removed from injury and ready to roll in 2021. I believe the cap hit to release Stafford next year is minimal.

Skins swap places with Lions and receive #3, #35 & 6th rounder this year and conditional pick in 2021. In this agreement to swap places the Lions agree to take Tua which leaves us Young, the pick of TE's or WR and additional picks later. If the Lions want to swap places and take Young, then no deal. It's the QB you must want for #2.

Ok as far as a trade with Detroit of this nature, yes i agree with you, its a no brainer. Thank you for the explanation.
As far as simmons being as good or better than young, id slightly disagree only because I've seen a good d-line mask inefficiencies in a secondary.
If we truly want simmons, he'd have to be taken at 2. Here's another statement you can bookmark.....thanks to an outstanding combine, he will go in the top 5.

Also im not sure simmons is the best fit here, he would automatically be expected to be the next Sean Taylor...