• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You can't make this stuff up

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man charged with using stun gun on wife to settle Bears-Packers bet - CBSSports.com

Are John and Nicole Grant from Florida? Because that's really the only way to explain why they would make tasering one another part of a football bet. Which is what they did, you see.

We learned about this "friendly wager" after John was taken to Dodge County Circuit Court on Tuesday and charged with using the stun gun on his wife. Nicole -- a Packers fan -- let John -- a Bears fan -- use the Taser on her after watching her team lose.

John claims that Nicole consented to letting him use the stun gun on her if the Packers lost. Nicole, who alleges he stunned her twice in the butt and once on the thighs, obviously felt differently and called the cops after it happened. John was charged with "possession of an electric weapon."

He showed police Nicole's cell phone which featured not only a text message where Nicole told her sons about the Taser bet, but also a video in which Nicole is apparently laughing while being stunned.

Presumably what happened is the woman agreed to this bet because the Packers were going to dominate Josh McCown and the Bears. Then Aaron Rodgers got hurt and things got awkward quickly.

No one is in any serious physical harm at this point, so it's OK to point out that this story has the full Local Area Man checklist covered. To recap quickly:

A stun gun is involved
There's a bet over a football game
This took place at "Dan's King Pin bowling center"
The couple is living in a truck because they are (literally) a couple of truckers
The man allegedly wouldn't let his woman and his dog in the truck after his team lost a football game
They were smoking cigs in an alley when this happened
His blood alcohol content: .137
Her blood alcohol content: .155
A stun gun is involved
That just about covers everything unless I'm missing something about a handlebar mustache.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you chose a good title, Morph. When I read that story it reminded me of the old saying that it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, or, in this case, til someone gets tased and another goes to jail. Very trippy story.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering no one was seriously injured, other than their egos, it is amusing.

If this was a Raiders/49ers husband/wife argument, you know someone would have ended up in the hospital.

:wtf2:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something a couple stupid Floridians would do. I should know.....I live around thousands of them.

I'd be willing to take on this bet with a Chiefs fan. Bring it!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something a couple stupid Floridians would do. I should know.....I live around thousands of them.

I'd be willing to take on this bet with a Chiefs fan. Bring it!!

That reminds me of this, doc:

Florida Man!