• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you had to choose two in PPR league

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Swift and Walker or Swift and Olave.

I think the move to Philly was huge for Swift and his touches.
that is the big question.
How many touches in Philly? Who have a lot of horses for RBBC & I still think Penny may end up the main runner.
The draft (& Williams injury) really messed up any plan I was coming up with to gain RBs to start the season. LOL

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many touches in Philly? Who have a lot of horses for RBBC & I still think Penny may end up the main runner.
The draft (& Williams injury) really messed up any plan I was coming up with to gain RBs to start the season. LOL
I don’t think Philly would’ve traded for him if they planned to force him between the tackles like Detroit did.

He’s a great receiving option and I feel like he will be used to his strong suits now more than ever.

Also the only place he could go with a better line than he had before.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree, so long as he's healthy, Penny gets the Lions share of carries, Swift seems, to me, to be primarily a passing game, 3rd down, 2 minute drill, change of pace type in this offense...but perhaps he'll get a few more carries that a prototypical one.

And if Philly is as good as they were last year, those pure passing game situations won't hit as often as hus owners will like.

However, Penny doesn't stay healthy often, and Swift would likely take his entire role, as Gainwell would definitely be little more than a satellite back

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Philly would’ve traded for him if they planned to....

they gave up a 5th or 6th rd pick and then a 2025 4th rounder for Swift and a 7th round pick, I don't think the cost will be what gets him on the field, I think talent will earn him targets and touches. but that's a hard gamble considering Philly recent history of splitting the load and the glory at RB

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the majority (I think). Keep Olave and a RB (I prefer Walker long term, but can't argue against Swift, Javonte or Cook). Then load up on RBs in your draft and look to deal a WR for a RB early in the season.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years in the league for Swift.
Last year, Detroit attempted over 400 rushing attempts just to the RB.
Swift could only wrestle away 99 of 'em.
And instead of setting him up for the RB1 role (with 3 other RB age 26 & over), they trade him.
Red flags all around imo.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are dead set at 2 rbs then i throw them back at draft in the 4th... especially if you pick early in 4

however the value of Olave in 4 is well ..its pretty darn good

any trades allowed pre or during draft ?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I dont have to make this decision until close to the start of the season.
After listening to everyone. Leaning towards drafting in the 4th. Hoping others had to drop some good RBs (but most keep them) that might make it to the 4th. What I wasnt thinking about until now. I draft 11th of 12. So on even rounds I would be in the front. :yes:

Also in the back of my mind. Keeping an eye on Cook. If he looks like he is gonna get any separation from the RBBC in Buffalo. Might take a chance on him. At least I know I would have one RB.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read that Cook looks to be the main guy in that committee.
If so I am tempted to take him with my 4th pick.
Any Bills fans shed any inside light on the RB scenario over there?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be fine as a RB 2/3 - - if you want the runner who scores then you'll need to grab Josh Allen.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mid-late RB2 is highest I think I can go. If that's your 4th pick, fire it up

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be fine as a RB 2/3 - - if you want the runner who scores then you'll need to grab Damien Harris.
FIFY...lol

I still expect Harris to take a big chunk of Josh Allen's running load off of his hands. They can't keep letting him/asking him to do those things and expect him to be around long

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Olave for me.

Me too. He played in preseason game #2 and seems to have recovered quickly from his knee basically exploding last season.

All of them are risks though:

Cook could be ascending, but how much will the Bills actually use the RBs? With Kincaid added as the slot/TE target (and I think may end up as the #2 in targets for them), Cook could have the biggest slice of the running game but still lose red zone rushing opportunities to Josh and Harris).

Swift is a tough read (as is the whole Eagles backfield); Penny seems to have dropped out of favor for Gainwell?

Walker doesn't get a lot of targets and could regress into a committee with Charbonnet.

Allgeier will still have a role, but Bijan is destined to take the majority of that if not right from the start.

Burks could breakout, but the addition of Hopkins as well as getting dinged up in the preseason will set him back a little. QB play for the Titans isn't the best situation either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY...lol

I still expect Harris to take a big chunk of Josh Allen's running load off of his hands. They can't keep letting him/asking him to do those things and expect him to be around long

That could be as well, but tough to read from the preseason with Harris missing time. Murray has been in the 2nd RB / short yardage role in his absence.

I think all of their RBs have had their moments in the preseason, including depth guys like Mims and Evans. Hopefully they can get at least one of those two to the practice squad (still upset over losing Blackshear to the Panthers last year lol, not to mention Hodgins to the Giants).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allgeier will still have a role, but Bijan is destined to take the majority of that if not right from the start.
Atlanta ranked 1 in rushing attempts as a team. Take away Marriota's 85 and the Falcons still handed out over 400 to the RB.

For grins, let's say attempts leader Derrick Henry was on Atlanta. So even if Bijan is looking at Derrick Henry attempt numbers, that would still leave 100+ for the next RB.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olave is a slam dunk must keep no matter what. He is the best option on this list by far.

After that, it is between Walker, Williams and Cook.

I think I lean Williams for upside.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta ranked 1 in rushing attempts as a team. Take away Mariota's 85 and the Falcons still handed out over 400 to the RB.

For grins, let's say attempts leader Derrick Henry was on Atlanta. So even if Bijan is looking at Derrick Henry attempt numbers, that would still leave 100+ for the next RB.

Sure, but I doubt they run quite as heavily this season. With Ridder under center I would expect more targets for London and especially Pitts.

Regardless, Allgeier will still have a role, as will Patterson. They would need a Bijan injury to prove keeper worthy however.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has all the talent to be a workhorse. I just won’t hold my breath for that.

I expect him to lead the team in carries. Goal line is a scary place for his fantasy owners though.

We can probably expect to see Murray at the goal line, Harris as the sure handed 4th quarter “run out the clock” guy, leaving Cook as the everything else.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I officially went with just the three.
Tell you if I fucked up after my draft on Sunday LOL