• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you had to choose two in PPR league

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my QB & my starting WRs (2)
in a 12 team league if you had to take two from this list. Who would it be?

Kenneth Walker (Sea) RB
D'Andre Swift (Phi) RB
Javonte Williams (Den) RB
James Cook (Buf) RB
Tyler Allgeier (Atl) RB
Looking for RBs as you could guess. In my keeper league finding a good one is next to impossible (everyone keeps them)
but also have two WRs to choose from but already have 2.
Chris Olave (NO) WR
Treylon Burks (Ten) WR

My keepers right now is Mahomes QB, Jefferson WR, & Chase WR, can keep two more if I like. Then I starting drafting in the 6th. Without picking anymore keepers. I would start drafting in the 4th rd.

but my question really is. Which two of the list would you bet on picking for this season? (or long term really)

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kenneth Walker (Sea) RB
D'Andre Swift (Phi) RB
James Cook (Buf) RB
Tyler Allgeier (Atl) RB
Looking for RBs as you could guess. In my keeper league finding a good one is next to impossible (everyone keeps them)
Chris Olave (NO) WR
Treylon Burks (Ten) WR

My keepers right now is Mahomes QB, Jefferson WR, & Chase WR, can keep two more if I like. Then I starting drafting in the 6th. Without picking anymore keepers. I would start drafting in the 4th rd.

but my question really is. Which two of the list would you bet on picking for this season? (or long term really)
Swift and Olave

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kenneth Walker (Sea) RB
D'Andre Swift (Phi) RB
James Cook (Buf) RB
Tyler Allgeier (Atl) RB
Chris Olave (NO) WR
Treylon Burks (Ten) WR

Olave and Walker. Swift and Walker would be close but Eagles been run by committee for years while Seahawks have liked to lean on a workhorse.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olave and Walker. Swift and Walker would be close but Eagles been run by committee for years while Seahawks have liked to lean on a workhorse.
trying to remember what happened this offseason that made me worry about Walker.

I really would like to pick two RBs since finding replacement WRs seem much easier to do. Without decent Rbs in my league chances arent good to go all the way.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to remember what happened this offseason that made me worry about Walker.

I really would like to pick two RBs since finding replacement WRs seem much easier to do. Without decent Rbs in my league chances arent good to go all the way.
thats what it was.
Seattle drafted a RB in the 2nd. Zach Charbonnet

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d keep three and start picking in the 4th round
I didn’t see that was an option from his post-could be wrong. I thought he meant as of right now he can pick in the 4th. No more keepers….

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*OPTION 1 - keep 2 more guys

Kenneth Walker (Sea) RB - best RB option and you'll be hurting at that spot if you don't keep at least one, he's locked in for me. showed a true workhorse talent last year, Charbs is there to provide depth and keep KW fresh. Might steal some passing down work, but I still think the bulk of the rushing load falls to KW.

Chris Olave (NO) WR - very strong option
James Cook (Buf) RB - arrow seems to continue to move in the right direction for Cook, strong option

D'Andre Swift (Phi) RB - good choice in what would be the 4th or 5th round, but I like KW and Cook more
Javonte Williams (Den) RB - too risky with your other options, imo
Tyler Allgeier (Atl) RB - no way with your options
Treylon Burks (Ten) WR - no way with your options

comes down to preference on Olave vs Cook for your last spot, imo.
WR2 is a bit more valuable on a weekly scoring basis than RB2 in PPR leagues, so I'd lean Olave then be hoping Cook or Swift (or another comparable RB) are available in the 6th

*OPTION 2 - toss them back

If you know your leaguemates well, do you think you would have a shot at Bijan and/or Gibbs if you only kept 3?
Or do some guys have shit rosters and won't even be keeping 3 players?

Wouldn't be the worst strategy to pursue, Mahomes/Jefferson/Chase/Bijan would win you weeks on their own

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Olave for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have to keep 2 more or none?? Can it be just one more??

With your three keepers already I’d only want to keep Williams. Sure walker is your top ranked runner. But I don’t think he is a league winner. While Williams is. And your three keepers are already elite.

Olave is your best value keep. But again you are keeping chase and Jefferson already.

If I had to keep 2 it would be walker and Williams. If you can keep only one I would keep Williams. If you can’t keep only one and it is 2 or none. I’d probably pass on the keepers and just draft in the 4th.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if trades are allowed. Damn, you can have some fun with those keepers and potential keepers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jmo. But olave is in a very weird spot in fantasy. I think he is being drafted at his absolute max. He is being drafted as a high end WR2. Sure I think he is pretty safe. But he is also very boring I don’t see that saints offense being pass happy enough to turn olave into prime time Michael Thomas, which is the idea at where he is drafted.

Also. I feel like this is a weird fantasy season already. The rise of the wr value may be only for the draft. But once the season starts trade value should always skew to the rb.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there...
Local yocals who've been watching camp in Denver say Javonte Williams is EXTREMELY hesitant and doesn't look close to ready.

For whatever that is worth, take or or leave it

I believe it. But with that said. If you can afford to wait on him. Which I think he can with those keepers. I would. Williams is the only league winner on that list. At least the only one that looks like they could be league winners.( of course someone else will pop up)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Swift and Walker or Swift and Olave.

I think the move to Philly was huge for Swift and his touches.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is the only league winner on that list.

Walker: 9 games finishing as RB24 or better out of 15 games
Williams: 6 games finishing as RB24 or better out of 22 games (not counting his injured game last yr)

just some food for thought

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*OPTION 1 - keep 2 more guys

Kenneth Walker (Sea) RB - best RB option and you'll be hurting at that spot if you don't keep at least one, he's locked in for me. showed a true workhorse talent last year, Charbs is there to provide depth and keep KW fresh. Might steal some passing down work, but I still think the bulk of the rushing load falls to KW.

Chris Olave (NO) WR - very strong option
James Cook (Buf) RB - arrow seems to continue to move in the right direction for Cook, strong option

D'Andre Swift (Phi) RB - good choice in what would be the 4th or 5th round, but I like KW and Cook more
Javonte Williams (Den) RB - too risky with your other options, imo
Tyler Allgeier (Atl) RB - no way with your options
Treylon Burks (Ten) WR - no way with your options

comes down to preference on Olave vs Cook for your last spot, imo.
WR2 is a bit more valuable on a weekly scoring basis than RB2 in PPR leagues, so I'd lean Olave then be hoping Cook or Swift (or another comparable RB) are available in the 6th

*OPTION 2 - toss them back

If you know your leaguemates well, do you think you would have a shot at Bijan and/or Gibbs if you only kept 3?
Or do some guys have shit rosters and won't even be keeping 3 players?

Wouldn't be the worst strategy to pursue, Mahomes/Jefferson/Chase/Bijan would win you weeks on their own
only chance at Bijan is to dump all of them.
Teams will do this for him that needs to rebuild anyways. (happened for Najee Harris)
I am not dumping Mahomes, Jefferson or Chase. So earliest I could draft would be 4th.
If I keep all 5 keeper slots earliest would be 6th
& I lost in the Championships so I am drafting 11th of 12 to boot.
So zero chance at either Bijan or Gibbs.

Last edited: