• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yet another Cousins post

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I believe that you are right! I think that the only way he signs here now is if he gets part ownership of the team ( stock options and such)

This is why he is being a prick right now. Why not counter the Redskins offer of 20m to 24 or 25 million? He counters at 30!! Is he serious?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why he is being a prick right now. Why not counter the Redskins offer of 20m to 24 or 25 million? He counters at 30!! Is he serious?

He knows that he has them bent over an stretching the butt cheeks, so even if they said yes to 30m, he would counter with 35m. Dude wants out. If we, on the outside can see what a colossal douche Bruce is and how misguided Dan is, imagine how much worse it must be from an insiders point of view it must be.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because if he counters with 24, Skins say fine...22. You give a stupid response to a stupid proposition.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is gone. either via trade this year or FA next year. And the only ones to blame are the FO. They completely mishandled KC and this whole process to the point that KC was disrespected (as well as our other significant FAs who have also left). I imagine there was a time where they could have come to an agreement on a long term deal at a reasonable price for both. But the FO did not act. They played games. They jerked all of our FAs around.

My hope is that they can find a trade partner this year that will give us a couple of high picks so we dont lose out completely. My hope is that he finds a good home and continues to have great career. My final hope is that he takes me with him as he is going to be one rich MF. C'mon KC, I don't eat much. Share the love, baby.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is gone. either via trade this year or FA next year. And the only ones to blame are the FO. They completely mishandled KC and this whole process to the point that KC was disrespected (as well as our other significant FAs who have also left). I imagine there was a time where they could have come to an agreement on a long term deal at a reasonable price for both. But the FO did not act. They played games. They jerked all of our FAs around.

My hope is that they can find a trade partner this year that will give us a couple of high picks so we dont lose out completely. My hope is that he finds a good home and continues to have great career. My final hope is that he takes me with him as he is going to be one rich MF. C'mon KC, I don't eat much. Share the love, baby.

IM actually hoping we deal him to the Niners. IM going to laugh when we trot out Trubisky or McCoy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all where are you getting this $30M/yr figure? Did I miss something? Please provide the related link.

Beyond that - who in the hell can blame him at this pt. Honestly - would you settle for a much lower amt in his shoes seeing the way he was treated in the past & now that Snyder & Allen are basically just a bunch of d-bags? Be honest.

They have now proven that they will do just about anything to get their way & are not incapable of pulling out all stops to get someone booted or to leave the team. Let's say the Redskins have a subpar upcoming season. Is not beyond the realm of possibility that they wage some type of smear campaign against Gruden to get rid of him w/o paying his remaining salary (ala Al Davis & Kiffin)?

Would they not also use any opportunity to perhaps throw Cousins under the bus if he falls short in any way? Is anything that they are doing now viewed as being the type of thing that would provide Cousins w/ any atmosphere that he desires? Put another way - is money the primary factor for Cousins - or anyone - to play for the Redskins at this time? The answer would have to be yes so how can you blame him for asking for at a lot of money.

I love how you rip the guy to shreds for asking for a large contract (& as gke mentioned it is part of a negotiation & not necessarily the final amt) yet you just look the other way when Snyder & Allen act like some of the biggest creeps on the planet.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM actually hoping we deal him to the Niners. IM going to laugh when we trot out Trubisky or McCoy.

It may work out or result in a terrible season. If a terrible season then perhaps at least it will result in Allen getting booted (consolation prize).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may work out or result in a terrible season. If a terrible season then perhaps at least it will result in Allen getting booted (consolation prize).

IM think McCoy gets us 5-11, any one else.... 3-13 or 4-12. Bruce wont get fired though.

And as I know Dean will comment.

McCoy will get us 5-11 because he is Rex Grossman 2.0

And a Rookie or a new QB in a pass heavy offense which is what we are, will be worse.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all where are you getting this $30M/yr figure? Did I miss something? Please provide the related link.

Beyond that - who in the hell can blame him at this pt. Honestly - would you settle for a much lower amt in his shoes seeing the way he was treated in the past & now that Snyder & Allen are basically just a bunch of d-bags? Be honest.

They have now proven that they will do just about anything to get their way & are not incapable of pulling out all stops to get someone booted or to leave the team. Let's say the Redskins have a subpar upcoming season. Is not beyond the realm of possibility that they wage some type of smear campaign against Gruden to get rid of him w/o paying his remaining salary (ala Al Davis & Kiffin)?

Would they not also use any opportunity to perhaps throw Cousins under the bus if he falls short in any way? Is anything that they are doing now viewed as being the type of thing that would provide Cousins w/ any atmosphere that he desires? Put another way - is money the primary factor for Cousins - or anyone - to play for the Redskins at this time? The answer would have to be yes so how can you blame him for asking for at a lot of money.

I love how you rip the guy to shreds for asking for a large contract (& as gke mentioned it is part of a negotiation & not necessarily the final amt) yet you just look the other way when Snyder & Allen act like some of the biggest creeps on the planet.

Ed Weder reported he wants 60mg in his first two years. I think 23-25m is fair. It's an insane ask. Forget what happened last year. This is a new year. By KC being a prick we have less money to spend on FA;s this year. The fact that he doesn't even want to try to get to a realistic number speaks volumes about KC. Did the team screw him last year? Yes. But cmon move on.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Weder reported he wants 60mg in his first two years. I think 23-25m is fair. It's an insane ask. Forget what happened last year. This is a new year. By KC being a prick we have less money to spend on FA;s this year. The fact that he doesn't even want to try to get to a realistic number speaks volumes about KC. Did the team screw him last year? Yes. But cmon move on.
That's his plan.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep Dean, you are right. Kirk is suck a prick. I mean all he wants is a long term deal equal to what other starting QBs are making, or he wants the team to trade him to some one that will give him that without trying to destroy his career in the process. I mean he could have refused to sign the tender, and he doesnt have to reach out to his prospective WRs to set up training sessions. He could have held out until a week before the season started. But he isnt doing any of that and simply wants to get paid... what a dick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan you convieniently leave out some things . That figure isn't verified . That figure is high Because of allegedly wanting a trade. We will see what happens

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Dean, you are right. Kirk is suck a prick. I mean all he wants is a long term deal equal to what other starting QBs are making, or he wants the team to trade him to some one that will give him that without trying to destroy his career in the process. I mean he could have refused to sign the tender, and he doesnt have to reach out to his prospective WRs to set up training sessions. He could have held out until a week before the season started. But he isnt doing any of that and simply wants to get paid... what a dick.

By KC stalling on a LTD hurts the team. According to Cali KC never demanded a trade. So the problem is that KC's ask is too damn high.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashomen effect is an apt description of the ongoing antics in the Cuz sitch...

Provocative and fascinating Japanese play for anyone who hasn't seen or heard of it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FFS...how many times do I have to explain to you that wanting 60 million in the first two seasons is not wanting 30 million per season.

Easy numbers...first two years guaranteed at million each with a 20 million signing bonus gets him 60 million in the first two seasons.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS...how many times do I have to explain to you that wanting 60 million in the first two seasons is not wanting 30 million per season.

Easy numbers...first two years guaranteed at million each with a 20 million signing bonus gets him 60 million in the first two seasons.

My point was he is asking for 30M while Luck gets 25M.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins: Reached out to gauge Redskins' plans

Dean - read this article that was just posted. Don't believe everything you are seeing in the media. Everyone assumed that Cousins asked to be traded - turned out is was not true. Same probably applies to what you think (but don't know) Cousins is asking for with his LTD.