• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yet another Cousins post

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was he is asking for 30M while Luck gets 25M.

OH my god, what a crime that our QB picked in the 4th round has the audacity to want to get paid more than the high and mighty Andrew Luck. How dare he presume to think he is even remotely that valuable.

Sound about right??

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck got 75 million in the first two seasons. You are wrong. FFS...KC isn't getting 30 mil per season and he isn't asking.

Yep. Also - think about it. If I were in his shoes I would basically hand this whole thing over to my agent & ask him to get me the best deal. Why not? I would not be thinking "Oh - I don't want to look like a jerk & ask for too much".

Heck - Cousins may not even know what to ask for - it is just as much a factor of the agent's advice. I honestly don't know what is so wrong with asking for as much as possible for a pro athlete assuming that it is not also accompanied by negative actions like holdouts or badmouthing others.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Synder wants him here and KC wants to be here. What is the problem?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Synder wants him here and KC wants to be here. What is the problem?

First of all not so sure that Snyder wants him here at least to a major degree. Several reports stated that Snyder/Allen were not necessarily against trading Cousins - they just had an issue trading him to Shanahan and the 49ers. Beyond that they may truly want to extend him but can't come to grips with giving him a big contract in line with other high $$ QB contracts at this time. They may still be lowballing him to an extent. Hopefully they figure this out, but I am not holding my breath on this one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all not so sure that Snyder wants him here at least to a major degree. Several reports stated that Snyder/Allen were not necessarily against trading Cousins - they just had an issue trading him to Shanahan and the 49ers. Beyond that they may truly want to extend him but can't come to grips with giving him a big contract in line with other high $$ QB contracts at this time. They may still be lowballing him to an extent. Hopefully they figure this out, but I am not holding my breath on this one.

Problem is, this needs to be figured out before the draft. Because if they intend to trade him, they need to have a QB plan in place. If he is going to play on the tag, they need to gauge if they realistically think they will be able to come to terms with what he will cost next year. And if not, again that likely changes the draft strategy because you got to figure if Kirk is NOT the long term plan, then a QB has got to be considered in this draft. For those that think, well we can just bypass QB all together and plan on making a run for Darnold next year. What happens if Darnold has an off year, or gets injured.. or worse what happens if COlt McCoy starts and we finish 7-9.... McCoy isnt the long term answer and if they aint going to pay Kirk $24M a year, no way are they going to shell that out for McCoy. And trading up from say 13-17 to the #1 spot would make the RG3 trade look like chump change.

The longer we spin this thing, the more the uncertainty of the draft direction looms.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, this needs to be figured out before the draft. Because if they intend to trade him, they need to have a QB plan in place. If he is going to play on the tag, they need to gauge if they realistically think they will be able to come to terms with what he will cost next year. And if not, again that likely changes the draft strategy because you got to figure if Kirk is NOT the long term plan, then a QB has got to be considered in this draft. For those that think, well we can just bypass QB all together and plan on making a run for Darnold next year. What happens if Darnold has an off year, or gets injured.. or worse what happens if COlt McCoy starts and we finish 7-9.... McCoy isnt the long term answer and if they aint going to pay Kirk $24M a year, no way are they going to shell that out for McCoy. And trading up from say 13-17 to the #1 spot would make the RG3 trade look like chump change.

The longer we spin this thing, the more the uncertainty of the draft direction looms.

Everything you state makes sense. However - we are talking about Snyder and Allen so I would not get my hopes up on this one. We will see - anything is possible with this group.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean it's called negotiating. Something most people don't get . It will get done in time , maybe just not on " our " time

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the plot thickens ...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One story cools off and another gets hot, freaking amazing. :pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One story cools off and another gets hot, freaking amazing. :pound:

I think we all forget, Dan made his million in media and communications. Any publicity is good publicity apparently.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of posturing going on. It's the lying season after all...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all forget, Dan made his million in media and communications. Any publicity is good publicity apparently.

Impossible for me to forget, I used to print ads for Snyder Communications.