• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im betting there will be no major action- the Lakers will pay an undisclosed fine from the league for Magic's comments on the show.
:scratch: What did Magic say that was/is worthy of a fine?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally every offer the pacers had was better than they got from OKC. They just panicked.

Oladipo is not a fantastic player. He's averaging bench stats for a starter.

Again, I don't see Randle/Clarkson and a couple of late 1st rounders as clearly superior.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im betting there will be no major action- the Lakers will pay an undisclosed fine from the league for Magic's comments on the show.
I think they would have done said something to Magic about that already. They don't miss much. The Lakers stepped into those charges by offering a trade. They should have said nothing and declined an offer to begin with and those charges would have been d.o.a. and they already might be

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't see Randle/Clarkson and a couple of late 1st rounders as clearly superior.
If you believe in Sabonis, as a future player, I could agree you, but so far, I have not heard anything to suggest he is anything better and very clearly Clarkson as of right now is twice as good, but again, the draft picks are important - that's how Boston ended with a game changing player and he was dead last in the draft last year in the second round. Tony Parker for the Spurs was a second round pick. A team's best chances of rebuilding is getting lucky in the draft

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!!! Big fucking deal.
Yeah - but with the Lakers making an offer - I can see where the NBA would say that they set Indiana up for the kill. It would be bullshit, but I've seen people go to jail over bullshit. Personally I think the Lakers shouldn't have offered a deal to begin with under those circumstances but they will not be able to prove anything. It's nonsense at the best.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - but with the Lakers making an offer - I can see where the NBA would say that they set Indiana up for the kill. It would be bullshit, but I've seen people go to jail over bullshit. Personally I think the Lakers shouldn't have offered a deal to begin with under those circumstances but they will not be able to prove anything. It's nonsense at the best.
Yeah I agree. The Lakers made a trade offer for George during the trade period.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe in Sabonis, as a future player, I could agree you, but so far, I have not heard anything to suggest he is anything better and very clearly Clarkson as of right now is twice as good, but again, the draft picks are important - that's how Boston ended with a game changing player and he was dead last in the draft last year in the second round. Tony Parker for the Spurs was a second round pick. A team's best chances of rebuilding is getting lucky in the draft

I make no predictions on Sabonis. I am pointing out that the Pacers may believe he is going to be very good. Doesn't mean he will be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clarksons stats are very close to Oladipo's - I think there's 1ppg and 1rpg between them. And let's not forget that Clarkson started off the bench, while Oladipo was a starter for most of the season. Let's say the tiny difference between them could be made up by adding ONE late 1st rounder.

Secondly, Randle is FAR better than Sabonis in pretty much every aspect.

Then add that extra first rounder in as a cherry on top.

Now which offer was better? OKCs or the Lakers?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make no predictions on Sabonis. I am pointing out that the Pacers may believe he is going to be very good. Doesn't mean he will be.
As of right no I am saying that Clarkson+Randle is a better combo then what they got, but I am glad they didn't because Randle is going to get better. If they get Paul George and resign Lopez and Pope, they should be able to move Deng with Randle and be free for another agent

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarksons stats are very close to Oladipo's - I think there's 1ppg and 1rpg between them. And let's not forget that Clarkson started off the bench, while Oladipo was a starter for most of the season. Let's say the tiny difference between them could be made up by adding ONE late 1st rounder.

I am not even close to having the basketball knowledge many of the others have in here - but this was a no brainer really and then with two first round draft picks - the Pacers would have cleaned up pretty good. I was going to call Sabonis garbage, but since he has only played one season, I will give him some space to get better. I am not impressed with him though

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the trade was solely about current achievement then the Lakers deal would be better. HOWEVER, if the deal is potential then there is certainly an argument that Oladipo and Sabonis offer more potential than either.

Whether that is true or not, I can't really say. And GMs screw this up all the time. But it is far from certain that ANY of the players we are talking about here are going to be anything beyond league average players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even close to having the basketball knowledge many of the others have in here - but this was a no brainer really and then with two first round draft picks - the Pacers would have cleaned up pretty good. I was going to call Sabonis garbage, but since he has only played one season, I will give him some space to get better. I am not impressed with him though

Let's not forget that Kuzma, who was the Lakers' 27th pick and could have belonged to Indiana, became Summer League Finals MVP and showed flashes of brilliance.

It certainly WAS a no-brainer, but Pritchard is butthurt and literally looked everywhere except LA and eventually got fucked on the deal.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a general rule, if a rumored trade looks really one sided we either don't know what the actual trade offer was or there is some other information we aren't familiar with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the trade was solely about current achievement then the Lakers deal would be better. HOWEVER, if the deal is potential then there is certainly an argument that Oladipo and Sabonis offer more potential than either.

Whether that is true or not, I can't really say. And GMs screw this up all the time. But it is far from certain that ANY of the players we are talking about here are going to be anything beyond league average players.

This only comes down to one thing: Because Pritchard was so butthurt over potentially (and eventually) losing PG, he did pretty much everything he could to avoid dealing with the Lakers.

Lakers made a better offer than OKC, plain and simple.

Hence, Pritchard and the whole pacers front office fucked up!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Kuzma, who was the Lakers' 27th pick and could have belonged to Indiana, became Summer League Finals MVP and showed flashes of brilliance.

It certainly WAS a no-brainer, but Pritchard is butthurt and literally looked everywhere except LA and eventually got fucked on the deal.
If I recall, though Magic traded picks, so Indiana might have ended with different picks and Kuzma really looked good in the summer league and Yeah, Pritchard got raped and is unable to sit down now - It's sour grapes.