• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...obviously you dont get what i am saying--- dozens upon dozens of players are doing the same exact thing in ever city in every sport across the country.

ya know what...nevermind....lol....this is fruitless

you are right about one thing though- we will see sooner than later.
I get it - but when Randle said he has been working hard - I believed him. When Magic commented on what he expects from Randle - I believed him too. I just think Magic Johnson and Julius Randle carry more credibility then your opinion - Don't take personal - I think you would take Dan Gilbert's opinion over mine as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle’s Improvement Creates Questions For Lakers

And the other issue is his defense. It’s not as bad as his pseudo-rookie campaign. Los Angeles’ defensive rating is seven points better with Randle off the floor.

Some numbers are suggesting that he’s been better — 82games.com has Los Angeles at 0.8 points better per 100 possessions — but he’s still not great on the defensive side of the ball.

Still, Randle finds himself in defensive no man’s land — incapable of defending the rim and not ideal in stepping out and defending on the perimeter.

Defensively, you have to keep a capable rim protector alongside him or live with the risk of the opposing team gliding to the rim with relative ease. It makes for a tough roster fit.

Randle is just one of the few contract extensions I’m curious about this upcoming year

---see- that is my main concern about Randle----- hes not big enough to be a shot blocker- and hes not quick enough to be a perimeter defender/switcher. He is in that "no man's land".......hes a classic tweener. I think Walton did the right thing with him in trying to turn him into a Draymond type player offensviely--- I was very impressed by Randle's creating skills as his assists took a big step up----- but unlike Draymond who can cover both outside and down low--- Randle cant do either----- and thats a big problem...not being big enough to guard the room but not quick enough to guard the perimeter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it - but when Randle said he has been working hard - I believed him. When Magic commented on what he expects from Randle - I believed him too. I just think Magic Johnson and Julius Randle carry more credibility then your opinion - Don't take personal - I think you would take Dan Gilbert's opinion over mine as well.
i mean- i believe you that Randle has been working his ass off- im sure he has--- im just sure there are dozens and dozens of guys in hte NBA with the same deal.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- i believe you that Randle has been working his ass off- im sure he has--- im just sure there are dozens and dozens of guys in hte NBA with the same deal.
I don't care as long as he produces - It takes most players about three years to develop which is the reason drafting them in their teens is so important. It took Kobe Bryant a few years to develop to. Now if he doesn't improve this season - then by the trade deadline - they should move him if they could use him to dump the Deng contract and if he doesn't develop as they say he will - the Lakers might still have to use him to get rid of the Deng contract if they believe they can get Paul George and another big agent

That was the reason I argued to no avail three years ago that the Lakers had zero chances in being a contender by now. They had said Jim Buss made that promise and they believed it. I didn't because I know it takes getting some good draft picks to trade for better players. Building a contending team takes steps and that seldom happens instantly - which is where Cleveland failed - they would have been better off keeping what they had and telling Lebron that they needed those young players for the future.

The one place I was wrong in my assumption - I did not believe Jeanie Buss had what it takes to fire her own brother. That had to be brutal for the family and I admire her for being a good business woman.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @HurricaneDij39

This is what Lakers Nation said about the Indiana trade

It was a shocking trade that left many around the league scratching their heads at the deal, with most believing that the Pacers received far too little for George

What should they have done?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should they have done?

They had better offers on the table - They should have taken the offer that was in their best interest. I understand that they didn't want to deal with the Lakers, but they should have waited and not traded so fast. If they had waited, they could have made a legitimate offer of Paul George for Kyrie Irving who also wanted out. Just saying - they went into full panic mode.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had better offers on the table - They should have taken the offer that was in their best interest. I understand that they didn't want to deal with the Lakers, but they should have waited and not traded so fast. If they had waited, they could have made a legitimate offer of Paul George for Kyrie Irving who also wanted out. Just saying - they went into full panic mode.

What was the better offer?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One came from the Lakers and the other came from Boston - both offers are in this thread already - all you have to do is go back and read the posts.

I've heard many rumored offers. None of them were clearly superior.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard many rumored offers. None of them were clearly superior.
Well everyone in here says the other two offers were clearly better - including the Lakers. So take your argument to @trojanfan12 - I am quite sure he can explain it better than I can. I can't help it if you want this entire thread summarized for you to save you time. I am busy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY FAT FUCK!

Want to make a side bet? I bet the Lakers don't even get as much as a slap on the wrist for this bullshit 'tampering' accusation.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone in here says the other two offers were clearly better - including the Lakers. So take your argument to @trojanfan12 - I am quite sure he can explain it better than I can. I can't help it if you want this entire thread summarized for you to save you time. I am busy

The Lakers trade I saw rumored was Clarkson and Randle plus 2 late 1st round picks.

First off, I'm not sure how the Lakers could do. Would it be the 2019 and 2021 1st round picks they have? Or would it be 2nd round picks? They don't have a 1st rounder next year.

Clarkson, Randle and 2 2nd rounders isn't clearly a superior trade to Sabonis and Oladipo. Truth be told, Sabonis and Oladipo offer much higher ceilings than Clarkson and Randle and 2nd round draft picks are lottery tickets.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers trade I saw rumored was Clarkson and Randle plus 2 late 1st round picks.

First off, I'm not sure how the Lakers could do. Would it be the 2019 and 2021 1st round picks they have? Or would it be 2nd round picks? They don't have a 1st rounder next year.

Clarkson, Randle and 2 2nd rounders isn't clearly a superior trade to Sabonis and Oladipo. Truth be told, Sabonis and Oladipo offer much higher ceilings than Clarkson and Randle and 2nd round draft picks are lottery tickets.
That was still a better offer than what the Pacers got and Boston made a better offer yet. Indiana settled for players that aren't even starters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was for the two late 1st rounders they had this year. The ones the got off Houston for the Lou Williams trade and off the Nets for the D'Angelo Russell trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was still a better offer than what the Pacers got and Boston made a better offer yet. Indiana settled for players that aren't even starters.

Sabonis was a rookie last year. Oladipo started 67 games last year. Jordan Clarkson started 19.

I have no idea what the Celtics ACTUALLY offered but from what I have heard they weren't willing to give up anything good until they got Hayward and they were a little blindsided when the Pacers traded PG13. You could argue that the Pacers should have waited, which is fair, but I doubt that the Celtics were offering anything notably better than the Thunder did.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
x-x-everywhere-tards-tards-everywhere.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was for the two late 1st rounders they had this year. The ones the got off Houston for the Lou Williams trade and off the Nets for the D'Angelo Russell trade.

The two picks they already drafted? Why not just say Kuzma and Bradley

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for the record:

Paul George F 23.7 ppg 8.6 rpg 3.3 apg

The Lakers Trade

Julius Randle- F 13.2 ppg 8.6 rpg 3.6 ap
Jordan Clarkson - G 14.7 ppg 3.0 rpg 2.6 apg
Two second round picks

The actual trade

Victor Oladipo - G 15.9 ppg 4.3 rpg 2.6 apg
Domantis Sabonis - F 5.9 ppg 3.6 rpg apg none existant

I am not sure how the Lakers trade wasn't as good, so some one will need to explain this to me. Perhaps I am missing something