• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two picks they already drafted? Why not just say Kuzma and Bradley
I am thinking that the Lakers traded the two picks from Houston for the others - but either way the Lakers offer was a pretty good one and I will have to look it up, but I think the Boston offer was better then the Lakers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record:

Paul George F 23.7 ppg 8.6 rpg 3.3 apg

The Lakers Trade

Julius Randle- F 13.2 ppg 8.6 rpg 3.6 ap
Jordan Clarkson - G 14.7 ppg 3.0 rpg 2.6 apg
Two second round picks

The actual trade

Victor Oladipo - G 15.9 ppg 4.3 rpg 2.6 apg
Domantis Sabonis - F 5.9 ppg 3.6 rpg apg none existant

I am not sure how the Lakers trade wasn't as good, so some one will need to explain this to me. Perhaps I am missing something

I'm not arguing that one is better than the other. I'm saying that the claim that the Lakers CLEARLY offered a better trade is bullshit.

Comparing stat lines is pretty useless. Clarkson is a known quantity. Randle has some upside still but Oladipo and Sabonis clearly do as well.

If the Pacers simply liked Sabonis better, I fail to see how they made a mistake of any kind.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabonis was a rookie last year. Oladipo started 67 games last year. Jordan Clarkson started 19.

I have no idea what the Celtics ACTUALLY offered but from what I have heard they weren't willing to give up anything good until they got Hayward and they were a little blindsided when the Pacers traded PG13. You could argue that the Pacers should have waited, which is fair, but I doubt that the Celtics were offering anything notably better than the Thunder did.
Julius Randle + Jordan Clarkson + two second round draft picks was still better then Sabonis and Oladipo.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that one is better than the other. I'm saying that the claim that the Lakers CLEARLY offered a better trade is bullshit.

Comparing stat lines is pretty useless. Clarkson is a known quantity. Randle has some upside still but Oladipo and Sabonis clearly do as well.

If the Pacers simply liked Sabonis better, I fail to see how they made a mistake of any kind.
And everyone in here is saying the opposite - except for Hurricane - and his opinion doesn't matter. Indiana's record will reflect it when the time comes - Sabonis is garbage

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone in here is saying the opposite - except for Hurricane - and his opinion doesn't matter. Indiana's record will reflect it when the time comes - Sabonis is garbage

Well certainly all the Laker fans agree with you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I challenge you to tell @trojanfan12 that the Lakers trade offer wasn't clearly better and that is bullshit. Man up and tell some one who is considerably older than all of us put together

I certainly have no problem arguing with trojanfan.

And I have no problem saying that I don't believe that the Lakers offer was clearly better than the Pacers offer, assuming that they actually offered that. Maybe it was. Maybe the Pacers simply didn't care much for the guys the Lakers drafted or Randle.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well certainly all the Laker fans agree with you.
Heat fans agree as well dude - Have you read the posts. I have to disagree on the stats - the stats tells you a lot about a player. I will give you that Sabonis was a rookie, but Randle is getting ready for an awesome year and has much potential. I think Clarkson is about what he will always be, but those are pretty good stats for a sixth man coming off the bench and much better than what they will get off Sabonis every game

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly have no problem arguing with trojanfan.

And I have no problem saying that I don't believe that the Lakers offer was clearly better than the Pacers offer, assuming that they actually offered that. Maybe it was. Maybe the Pacers simply didn't care much for the guys the Lakers drafted or Randle.
What really made that trade a lot better was those two draft picks - that gets them a head start in the rebuilding process.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I think the Lakers didn't need to offer Indiana anything - I think they would have been better to have said nothing and offered nothing. Then Indiana wouldn't have had anything to go with their tampering charge because all the Lakers had to do was wait until next summer and got the dude for free.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans agree as well dude - Have you read the posts. I have to disagree on the stats - the stats tells you a lot about a player. I will give you that Sabonis was a rookie, but Randle is getting ready for an awesome year and has much potential. I think Clarkson is about what he will always be, but those are pretty good stats for a sixth man coming off the bench and much better than what they will get off Sabonis every game

Clarkson is a perfectly fine role player. But if you are looking to find a diamond in the rough, Clarkson is not that. He's a solid guy for a good team to have on the bench.

Maybe Randle will have a huge year this year. And if that happens then the Pacers made the wrong choice. But that's speculative. The Pacers made a choice based on believing that one of Sabonis or Oladipo could be a legit high level starter. They rolled the dice and now we will see how it plays out.

But that doesn't mean that the Pacers knowingly made a weaker trade than was offered to them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record:

Paul George F 23.7 ppg 8.6 rpg 3.3 apg

The Lakers Trade

Julius Randle- F 13.2 ppg 8.6 rpg 3.6 ap
Jordan Clarkson - G 14.7 ppg 3.0 rpg 2.6 apg
Two second round picks

The actual trade

Victor Oladipo - G 15.9 ppg 4.3 rpg 2.6 apg
Domantis Sabonis - F 5.9 ppg 3.6 rpg apg none existant

I am not sure how the Lakers trade wasn't as good, so some one will need to explain this to me. Perhaps I am missing something

The Lakers offered two FIRST round picks, not second.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabonis was a rookie last year. Oladipo started 67 games last year. Jordan Clarkson started 19.

I have no idea what the Celtics ACTUALLY offered but from what I have heard they weren't willing to give up anything good until they got Hayward and they were a little blindsided when the Pacers traded PG13. You could argue that the Pacers should have waited, which is fair, but I doubt that the Celtics were offering anything notably better than the Thunder did.

Literally every offer the pacers had was better than they got from OKC. They just panicked.

Oladipo is not a fantastic player. He's averaging bench stats for a starter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers trade I saw rumored was Clarkson and Randle plus 2 late 1st round picks.

First off, I'm not sure how the Lakers could do. Would it be the 2019 and 2021 1st round picks they have? Or would it be 2nd round picks? They don't have a 1st rounder next year.

Clarkson, Randle and 2 2nd rounders isn't clearly a superior trade to Sabonis and Oladipo. Truth be told, Sabonis and Oladipo offer much higher ceilings than Clarkson and Randle and 2nd round draft picks are lottery tickets.
the Lakers owned some pick from the Nets that was 28th overall from giving them Russell to take Mozgov.....and the Lakers owned the Rockets pick for trading them Lou Williams.

The Lakers best offer that I have seen any evidence of anywhere was Randle or Clarkson- plus the 27th and 28th picks in the draft. Those picks became Kyle Kuzma and Tony Bradley (no i do not know who those guys are).

The Celtics offer that I see evidence of online was Crowder and 3 non-lotto late first rounders---- none of which were high first rounders (the Lakers or Nets pick). But- who knows.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally every offer the pacers had was better than they got from OKC. They just panicked.

Oladipo is not a fantastic player. He's averaging bench stats for a starter.
Oladipo is about the same as Randle was last year - No one knows who will be better this year, so the deal breaker would have been or should have been getting Clarkson plus those two trade picks. As I said before though - I am glad the Lakers didn't make a deal - that did not include the combination of losing good players and dumping Deng. Especially when the Lakers can make a move for Paul George next year and if they don't get him - there will be plenty of others. By then Deng will only be with the Lakers one more year before he becomes an expiring contract or with two years left next summer, something more teams will be able to eat for a good draft pick