• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general rule, if a rumored trade looks really one sided we either don't know what the actual trade offer was or there is some other information we aren't familiar with.
It was pretty much out there that Indiana wanted Lonzo Ball plus Ingram - and Magic said - Hell no

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a call from the Riverside Press-Enterprise. Gentleman I talked to asked me if I could start as early as this Friday......I said yes and he said he'd have the guy that does the scheduling for my area.....call me soon. #HSfootballrightaroundthecorner

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a new clipboard, stat sheets, pens, white-out, and some other stuff.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, a little off topic....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a new clipboard, stat sheets, pens, white-out, and some other stuff.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I need a new Lap top - and a new modem - I am on the internet so much, mine wear out every year:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, though Magic traded picks, so Indiana might have ended with different picks and Kuzma really looked good in the summer league and Yeah, Pritchard got raped and is unable to sit down now - It's sour grapes.

It all comes down to the pacers being butthurt.

I hear some people saying Sabonis could hypothetically be a good player.

Here's another hypothetical situation: The pacers could have packaged the 27th and 28th pick to another team to move up in the draft to a top 20 spot. Heck they could have packaged the two first rounders and either Clarkson or Randle to move up in the top 10.

Then the pacers would have had Clarkson or Randle AND a top 10 pick.

But noooo....

BUTTHURT.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This only comes down to one thing: Because Pritchard was so butthurt over potentially (and eventually) losing PG, he did pretty much everything he could to avoid dealing with the Lakers.

Lakers made a better offer than OKC, plain and simple.

Hence, Pritchard and the whole pacers front office fucked up!

So Pritchard was willing to ruin his career out of spite? Seems unlikely.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a call from the Riverside Press-Enterprise. Gentleman I talked to asked me if I could start as early as this Friday......I said yes and he said he'd have the guy that does the scheduling for my area.....call me soon. #HSfootballrightaroundthecorner
It took me 15 months to get those assholes to quit sending me bills for a newspaper I never got and I had to cuss them three or times to get them to stop calling me and harassing me with subscriptions. Good paper for local news, horrible delivery service. Good luck with them though

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pritchard was willing to ruin his career out of spite? Seems unlikely.

What do you think he's doing now? Everything he's done since PGs agent notified the pacers he was leaving in free agency has been out of spite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a "great" return by any means but the fact is it's probably the best we could have gotten. Boston was lowballing us and they did not deserve to be rewarded for it. They were offering low first rounders that would have been used on players with 50/50 shots of making an NBA rotation. And Jordan Clarkson was the best perimeter piece the Lakers were able to offer? Give me a fucking break.

Boston was only interested in giving up more for PG if they were able to resign him. Based on everything PG said, that would have been contingent on Hayward signing in Boston.

So technically, you are correct. On the day the Pacers made the trade, the Celtics were low balling them. Had they waited a week for Hayward to make his decision, they would have had a much better offer from Boston. Instead, they rushed into a deal in June that they didn't need to rush into.

IMO, they would have been better off letting PG walk for nothing than taking the deal they got. Oladipo will help them win 35 games or so. Not ideal.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to the pacers being butthurt.

I hear some people saying Sabonis could hypothetically be a good player.

Here's another hypothetical situation: The pacers could have packaged the 27th and 28th pick to another team to move up in the draft to a top 20 spot. Heck they could have packaged the two first rounders and either Clarkson or Randle to move up in the top 10.

Then the pacers would have had Clarkson or Randle AND a top 10 pick.

But noooo....

BUTTHURT.
S2.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers offer was either Clarkson or Randle and both late 1st rounders. Oladipo and Sabonis aren't likely to be better than either Clarkson or Randle and had the Pacers done a good job of scouting, maybe not the late first rounders either.

Had the Pacers been patient, word out here is that they could have gotten both Clarkson and Randle plus the late 1st rounders. That's a damn good haul for a guy that wanted out and everyone knew he wanted out.

Why would I be bitter? It looks like the Lakers may get PG and have to give up nothing for him. If anything, you're bitter that the Pacers made a hasty move and didn't get what they could have for PG and are desperately trying to make the trade look better than it was.

You should probably just admit that the Pacers fucked up and move on. You won't though, because you are incapable of doing so.

Honestly, I don't think that offer would be better than Oladipo and Sabonis. Very comparable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, they would have been better off letting PG walk for nothing than taking the deal they got. Oladipo will help them win 35 games or so. Not ideal.

Basically in NBA purgatory. Not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough for a decent draft pick.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston was only interested in giving up more for PG if they were able to resign him. Based on everything PG said, that would have been contingent on Hayward signing in Boston.

So technically, you are correct. On the day the Pacers made the trade, the Celtics were low balling them. Had they waited a week for Hayward to make his decision, they would have had a much better offer from Boston. Instead, they rushed into a deal in June that they didn't need to rush into.

This is pretty much right on the money from everything I've read.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. TLF. That is an awful picture. How in the hell does that happen?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think that offer would be better than Oladipo and Sabonis. Very comparable.
Well yes it was a better offer because Indiana would have got two double digit scorers instead of one and two first round draft picks that could have been to trade up for a better first round.