• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wyoming to the Big 12?

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyoming and Colorado State will make good replacements when Oklahoma and Texas leave.

#amirite

Hell no!!!

With Texas outta the way, it will be TAM and Mizzu!

(we'uns of the SEC beseech thee O Lord to make this true)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, coming from a gamecock that's rich.

I was just looking at the Forbes academic university rankings for 2016 and I couldn't seem to find WVU (or any school in WV for that matter) on the list. Also, I couldn't find WVU on any top programs list, like Honors College, Business School, and International Studies (I did, however, find South Carolina up there pretty high). The only rankings list I could find WVU is in number of couches set on fire, in which you guys are #1! :-D

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at the Forbes academic university rankings for 2016 and I couldn't seem to find WVU (or any school in WV for that matter) on the list. Also, I couldn't find WVU on any top programs list, like Honors College, Business School, and International Studies (I did, however, find South Carolina up there pretty high). The only rankings list I could find WVU is in number of couches set on fire, in which you guys are #1! :-D

Funny, I couldn't find South Carolina in any AP or college football ranking. But hey, you actually have to be worth a damn to be ranked in that.

Ohh, and be ranked 202 by Forbes is nothing to brag about. But LOL at your ability to look like a jackass at more then one thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I couldn't find South Carolina in any AP or college football ranking. But hey, you actually have to be worth a damn to be ranked in that.

Ohh, and be ranked 202 by Forbes is nothing to brag about. But LOL at your ability to look like a jackass at more then one thing.

That would be more "than" one thing, not "then." I guess the Forbes ranking of WVU academics was correct after all. And 202 is over twice as high as WVU's ranking, by the way.

True, our football team has hit some hard times lately. It's what happened when Spurrier decided to stop recruiting and then leave the cupboard bare. Still, our recruiting class this year is currently #11 (WVU is at #52, right behind that football powerhouse Memphis). So, my alma mater has better academics AND better recruiting. I'd say there isn't much of a comparison.

Not trying to be personal, but I think you and I are both people that will defend our schools strongly. I have nothing against WVU. In fact, I hope you guys win the Big 12 in basketball.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be more "than" one thing, not "then." I guess the Forbes ranking of WVU academics was correct after all. And 202 is over twice as high as WVU's ranking, by the way.

True, our football team has hit some hard times lately. It's what happened when Spurrier decided to stop recruiting and then leave the cupboard bare. Still, our recruiting class this year is currently #11 (WVU is at #52, right behind that football powerhouse Memphis). So, my alma mater has better academics AND better recruiting. I'd say there isn't much of a comparison.

Not trying to be personal, but I think you and I are both people that will defend our schools strongly. I have nothing against WVU. In fact, I hope you guys win the Big 12 in basketball.

Ohh my fault, I didn't realize you were a grammar natzi, nor did I realize being ranked 202 was considered high.

Yes your football team has that recruiting ranking (lol) and academics. I guess if that's all you have to go by then so be it. My team has an actual football ranking and a nice season (although the last game sucked) to back that up. To each his own though.

Cot damn you gamecock. I harbor no ill will toward your team. In fact they may be the team in the SEC I root for. I am an alumni too. I hope you win th SEC in every sport.

Hu, I swear to Gog if this is you.......one of these days ethiel, one of these days

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be a bigger mistake than Rutgers to the Big 10. If they're going to grab anybody out of that conference it should be Boise St.

Rutgers brought the New York TV market to the B1G. What the fuck TV market is Wyoming bringing?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers brought the New York TV market to the B1G. What the fuck TV market is Wyoming bringing?

This ^^^^ If the Big 12 is going to expand, they need to worry about expanding the brand this time. If you don't bring a TV market or fertile recruiting grounds, do not apply. That's why I said Tulane, Memphis, UCF and Cincy should all be extended invites.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they, though? Does Rutgers really pull any ratings in the NY market? I've always wondered about that. New York is not a college football market, and Rutgers brought in only the 54th highest TV ratings of the 66 Power 5 schools. I doubt a lot of New Yorkers would change their TV package to get the Big 10 Network to watch Rutgers football.

Personally, I think Rutgers was nothing more than a pawn by the Big 10 to get a larger TV deal from ESPN down the road. Add schools located near larger media markets, even if no one there watches them, and it entices ESPN to throw down more money.

And I agree, Wyoming brings little to the table.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers is in New Jersey, and anybody who's been to New York knows they don't give a F### about college football.

That doesn't stop B1G network from being apart of all of New York's cable sports packages and being played at every sports bar there.

Same with Maryland. All of D.C. has B1G network now.

IDK why LHN is a thing. Nobody in their right mind gives a Fuck about Texas football.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't stop B1G network from being apart of all of New York's cable sports packages and being played at every sports bar there.

IDK why LHN is a thing. Nobody in their right mind gives a Fuck about Texas football.

I can tell you've never been to New York. Good luck getting Michigan/Ohio state on a new York bar tv, let alone the B1G network.

Now if it's college basketball, I'll believe you.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you've never been to New York. Good luck getting Michigan/Ohio state on a new York bar tv, let alone the B1G network.

Doesn't matter if they have the game on or not, every sports bar is paying more than twice as much for the BigTen network as a part of their cable package than they would if Rutgers wasn't a part of the B1G.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B1G network happens to carry that as well.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if they have the game on or not, every sports bar is paying more than twice as much for the BigTen network as a part of their cable package than they would if Rutgers wasn't a part of the B1G.

So New York is required to carry the Big ten network, even though the school is in another state?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So New York is required to carry the Big ten network, even though the school is in another state?
New York City and New Jersey are in the same television market. So yes, despite being in a different state (and making the bold assumption that sports bars carry a cable package that includes ESPN and BTN) yes, they have to pay the additional amount for the BigTen network even if they never put the channel on. That was the only reason that Rutgers was added to the BogTen.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York City and New Jersey are in the same television market. So yes, despite being in a different state (and making the bold assumption that sports bars carry a cable package that includes ESPN and BTN) yes, they have to pay the additional amount for the BigTen network even if they never put the channel on. That was the only reason that Rutgers was added to the BogTen.

Makes sense from a financial standpoint, but man that city couldn't care less about college football.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why aren't more people moving to Wyoming, that place is beautiful?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK why LHN is a thing. Nobody in their right mind gives a Fuck about Texas football except Corn Fucker fans.

FIFY......