• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU 82 William & Mary 45

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another victory over an opponent that really doesn't help the RPI any is what WV accomplished today in beating up on the Tribe of William and Mary. Did they play well? Sure they did, but it will only have meaning when the Mountaineers play well AND beat a ranked quality team. Nonetheless, a win is what they were supposed to get and they did. We got a little line up shuffle here today as WV went with 3 guards in starting line up. Henderson, Harris , and Staten. WV got new interior starters as well with Adrian and Watkins in the paint. So a new look for sure but with the rotations it was only temporary because as the game wore on Dibo, Noreen, and Browne got their minutes.

WV was led today in scoring by those starting guards as they account for 44 of the teams 82 points. Henderson leads the way with 19, Staten 15, and Harris 10. Adrian comes alive today with 16 points as well. Shooting was good today as WV shot 30-61 from the field and 8-22 behind the arc. Free Throws were exceptional at 14-15 from the stripe. WV had 20 assists today to go with only 9 turnovers and they dominated the glass 47-31. The amazing stat line of the day for me was Staten who was flirting with a Triple Double (15pts, 10 rebounds, and 6 assists). Not a bad day right there huh?

So now it is time to lace 'em up and get ready for some big boy basketball. No more Tribe, Fairmont State's, Mt. St Mary's, and Georgia Southern's--it is put up or shut up time now fans. Will this team be ready to accept the challenge? Or will they compete to only lose close game after close game as we have seen with the stiffer competition? Time will tell. Tune in on the Big 12 Network Saturday at 4pm for the opening of the Big 12 schedule for WV as they travel to take on a pesky TCU squad on the road. Have a Happy New Year Mountaineer fans and be safe in your travels, no matter where, your country road is taking you!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the first few minutes of the game, there was not much competition yesterday.

The first two games in the Big 12… while on the road… will not tell us too much either. No word on Holton… which probably means he sits for the remainder of the year.

Hopefully, they'll finish above .500 this season and earn a NIT bid.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIT would be a really good year for this group. I wish I had more optimism for that to happen but I have a feeling we are looking at maybe an upset win or two but no post season. Here's to me being dead wrong :suds:.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
growth year can see glimmer of hope not loads of experience much better team than last season

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this team growing into a tough out come February. They're young and have to learn. They're losing close games, but as time wears on they're going to take some of those. They have too much talent not to surprise some people.