• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NBA Draft.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some initial draft prospect observations. I'll have more on Wednesday.

Wembanyama:

I'm not saying this because of the team that will draft him. But he reminds me of David Robinson.

Scoot Henderson:

He looks like a good driver and playmaker. He seems to save more bad plays into scores, then turn a good opportunity into a great one. What I mean is that I think he plays a bit loose and can turn nothing into something. I'm not at sure how well he'll do if the pace is slower, or how much he can elevate a good opportunity into a great one.

Amen Thompson:

I think he plays a little more under control than Henderson, and I like his size. His shooting needs work. Seems to be a solid defender. I like him a little more than Henderson.

Ausar Thompson:

I like the slower pace he plays at. I like players that can play slower, but still get what they want. He's not as good of an offensive player as Amen. He's still someone that I could probably like watching.

Brandon Miller:

I think he takes too many 3's. He's good, but I think for this high of a projected pick, he should do more.

He seems to not be the best finisher, and doesn't seem to be as quick as I'd like. I'd be a little worried that he might have a tendency to hang out at the 3 point line too much, and stay there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Miller:

I think he takes too many 3's. He's good, but I think for this high of a projected pick, he should do more.

He seems to not be the best finisher, and doesn't seem to be as quick as I'd like. I'd be a little worried that he might have a tendency to hang out at the 3 point line too much, and stay there.

No thanks to Brandon Miller… though now that I said that, the Jazz will trade up for him. I don’t want the guy who escaped trouble (though I suppo legally he shouldn’t be charged): Why wasn’t Brandon Miller charged? Legal experts say it comes down to intent

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if he fell to ninth, you just take the best player? If he is it, take him. I just don’t want to be affiliated with him and give something up. Unless, he became the next Jordan or something, so yes, I’m not 100% committed to my stance. I just don’t want to get marginally better, but have someone like that on our team.

And I know that anybody could hand somebody a gun, but whenever you do have to bring a gun to a specific location, you have to know there’s a risk. Or else, the person requesting should just leave that location instead of having to stand your ground. A gas station? Someone was flirting? Geez. Only if it’s actual defense. But, but, but, if I don’t they’ll know that I was a pussy. Who’s they and why do you care what they think?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Whitmore:

He seems like a complete offensive player to me. I like his feel for the game.

Not much of a passer, but that may improve once he has better teammates around him.

I wouldn't mind taking him based on what he's shown right now.

Jarace Walker:

When watching him play, he seems ok. But he also seems a bit small. I'm not sure he'll be as good at the NBA level. His rebounding wasn't great, and it may suffer even more in the NBA.

He might work out ok, but if he doesn't, it will probably be because he's not big enough.

Anthony Black:

He can pass, steal, and rebound. He is a fun player to watch.

I'm not sure he is a surefire starting PG on a good team. However, if you have a team where he's the 4th best offensive player, I think you can win with him.

Leonard Miller:

I don't think he'll ever be much of an offensive player. But if his defense translates to the NBA, he can have a role there, or at least with rebounding.

Kris Murray:

He has good energy and plays hard. He's someone that can probably be a rotation player for most teams, by the year's end, if not sooner.

James Nnaji:

There's not too many centers in this draft. I would take a late lottery pick on him if I needed one.

Sidy Cissoko:

He's not going to be able to play the same way in the NBA as he does in the G league. Doesn't have good percentages or efficiency in any one area.

Jordan Walsh:

If he gets taken in the 2nd round, I would like watching him play. He's always doing something.

Oscar Tshiebwe:

Given how hard it is to find a center, I would take a late late first rounder on him.

Mouhamed Gueye:

I kind of like him. It might take about 2 years for him to crack a rotation, which might seem like a long time for a sophomore, but he could be a rotation player. And just the possibility of him being a rotation player, is good enough for a 2nd rounder.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if he fell to ninth, you just take the best player? If he is it, take him.
I was not convinced he would be the best player at 9.

There's others I may like as much or more, if they are available.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Pickett:

He could be a backup PG in this league. So what if he's a senior? I think he has a good feel for the game.

Rayan Rupert:

I see some things I like. But his FG% is terrible.

Tristan Vukcevic:

Great shooter.

He may get played off the floor defensively.

I'd try a late 1st rounder, with the intent to make him a catch and shoot player only.

Bilal Coulibaly:

I am not sure, but he could be a decent offensive player off the bench in a few years.

Malcolm Cazalon:

He could be a complete offensive player off the bench, in a few years.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausar and Amen Thompson win best dressed. I like the black and white twins thing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller to Charlotte.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting pick with Ausar.

I like having a potentially better defender, on a team that doesn't have much defense.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Anthony Black taken a lot higher than I expected. I like it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I’m glad we didn’t get Gradey and I’m bummed we didn’t get Kobe. I suppose Walker was higher for us but taken.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Keynote George a chucker? Field-goal percentage is awful. But he averaged 15.3 points. Yes, I know, what role you play, conference, or team you played for, etc. matters but I wanted somebody that scored 15 or more in college and we got that, but his field goal percentage is terrible.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t freaking get it. I’ve seen multiple posts on Twitter saying that ”if George’s shotmaking translates to the NBA, the Jazz are big winners in this draft.” What part am I supposed to look at to see shotmaking skills if game logs suck and so do year averages for overall FGs and 3PT percentage is ok? I hate being the town‘s people to the Emperor’s New Clothes.

I want him to work out, he can be acclimated to the NBA by not being the top dog and learning good shot selection and gaining confidence, he can be great at non-shooting things, etc. but why are people pointing to his shooting as something positive? He is either reasonable in selection and a bad shooter or unreasonable in his shot selection but can hit a tough shot because he lets it fly… to average 15.3 points, not 20+.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I’m glad we didn’t get Gradey and I’m bummed we didn’t get Kobe. I suppose Walker was higher for us but taken.
What did you like about Kobe?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t freaking get it. I’ve seen multiple posts on Twitter saying that ”if George’s shotmaking translates to the NBA, the Jazz are big winners in this draft.” What part am I supposed to look at to see shotmaking skills if game logs suck and so do year averages for overall FGs and 3PT percentage is ok? I hate being the town‘s people to the Emperor’s New Clothes.

I want him to work out, he can be acclimated to the NBA by not being the top dog and learning good shot selection and gaining confidence, he can be great at non-shooting things, etc. but why are people pointing to his shooting as something positive? He is either reasonable in selection and a bad shooter or unreasonable in his shot selection but can hit a tough shot because he lets it fly… to average 15.3 points, not 20+.
Maybe they mean it in a negative way. Like they're not sure if it will translate.

So they mean to imply that it might not, BUT if it does.

I'll watch videos on the players actually taken, in a few days.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And no Ben Sheppard. :(

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, there's your scorer, Brice Sensabaugh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sensabaugh and think Hendicks is good enough, despite us reportedly wanting another Walker.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sensabaugh and think Hendicks is good enough, despite us reportedly wanting another Walker.
The Jazz wanted Jarace Walker?