• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WSIS Week 14

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucked up on putting in my Waiver Claim for KC's defense and now I am stuck with whatever is left on the FA list...

I grabbed Cleveland who plays Baltimore for the second time in 3 weeks after a bye (that's weird, right?)

Chargers (vs NYG)
Seahawks (@ Houston)
NO (@NYJ)
Carolona (vs Atl)

I am not expecting anything good here...

Chargers. Easily.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke or Pollard?

I get 1 for 30 for kick and punt return yardage and bonus points for long TDs.

Pollard, esp considering you get the return yardage boost.
He's just looked so much better than Zeke with his touches in every game I've watched, and the box scores back it up too, at least since Zeke hurt his knee in Oct.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucked up on putting in my Waiver Claim for KC's defense and now I am stuck with whatever is left on the FA list...

I grabbed Cleveland who plays Baltimore for the second time in 3 weeks after a bye (that's weird, right?)

Chargers (vs NYG)
Seahawks (@ Houston)
NO (@NYJ)
Carolona (vs Atl)

I am not expecting anything good here...

Flip a coin between Seahawks and Chargers

FWIW, I chose Seahawks in that same decision since they have been decent on D the last couple weeks for fantasy while their offense has been putrid. Chargers weakness is rush D, and with Glennon or Fromm, I'm expecting lots of Barkley, would hate to be the victim of his comeback game.

Houston has given up a ton of pts to DST this year, almost every week except vs the Titans since week 3.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip a coin between Seahawks and Chargers

FWIW, I chose Seahawks in that same decision since they have been decent on D the last couple weeks for fantasy while their offense has been putrid. Chargers weakness is rush D, and with Glennon or Fromm, I'm expecting lots of Barkley, would hate to be the victim of his comeback game.

Houston has given up a ton of pts to DST this year, almost every week except vs the Titans since week 3.
it would be bittersweet since I would be playing Barkley as well...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Keenan this week.

I missed on Gage in FAAB.

What are the thoughts on Freiermuth tonight? (We can start 3 WR/1 TE, or 2/2)…

Other waiver options would be guys like Jarvis, Marvin, DJax, Guyton.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Keenan this week.

Grabbed Guyton in a couple of leagues just to keep him off other benches.............I think I give The F-Man a shot

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should expand my question with the new information out.

PPR, bonus points for long TDs, 1/30 kick and punt returns. Need 2 RBs and a flex

Zeke @ WAS - banged up, but playing.
Pollard @ WAS - was earning more touches, but he is now questionable with an ankle.
Mattison vs PIT - Cook is expected to play
Barkley @ LAC - Giants QB situation is a mess.
Jamal Williams @ DEN - Swift not ruled out yet.
Guyton vs NYG - Should be the #1 WR this week with Allen and Mike Williams out.
Julio vs JAX - Will he play and if so, how much will he play
Deebo @ CIN - Would be locked in if he plays, but the game is a 4pm on Sunday and he could be a GTD.

I don't need a win since my playoff seed is locked, but am fighting for the total points lead, which pays out after this week and I have a 10 point advantage right now.

Was leaning towards Mattison, Williams, and one of the Cowboys, but things have changed. Mattison gets locked in if Dalvin sits.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Keenan this week.

don't like the matchup for Freirmuth, but apparently Ben only passes TDs to him and Diontae these days, def taking him over deep threats like DJax and Guyton.
Mike Williams could very well still play this weekend, was only a close contact to Allen and just has to keep testing negative. Early reports of him being ruled out weren't true, at least not yet.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should expand my question with the new information out.

PPR, bonus points for long TDs, 1/30 kick and punt returns. Need 2 RBs and a flex

Zeke @ WAS - banged up, but playing.
Pollard @ WAS - was earning more touches, but he is now questionable with an ankle.
Mattison vs PIT - Cook is expected to play
Barkley @ LAC - Giants QB situation is a mess.
Jamal Williams @ DEN - Swift not ruled out yet.
Guyton vs NYG - Should be the #1 WR this week with Allen and Mike Williams out.
Julio vs JAX - Will he play and if so, how much will he play
Deebo @ CIN - Would be locked in if he plays, but the game is a 4pm on Sunday and he could be a GTD.

I don't need a win since my playoff seed is locked, but am fighting for the total points lead, which pays out after this week and I have a 10 point advantage right now.

Was leaning towards Mattison, Williams, and one of the Cowboys, but things have changed. Mattison gets locked in if Dalvin sits.

I think you have it right, only with the Deebo/Williams situation to monitor.

Choose your poison with the DAL RBs.

if Dalvin sits out, def Mattison. Would be fine replacing him with Barkley if Cook plays.

I like Deebo over Williams, especially with the other SF RBs hurt. having the one that lines up occasionally as a WR has been working great so far this season. If he looks like he's practicing, that'd be my choice. Williams is so much better when he's active in the passing game, so if Detroit has a lead, he might not give ya much.

couldn't pull the trigger on Julio, need to see him finish a game.
just mentioned Guyton above...seems like a desperation play, which you don't need

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we're seeing SD Charger WR names pop up on the thread....what's the play with Mike Williams this week?

only league I have him, Osborn (TNF game) is probably my best substitute. picked up MVS since I was able to slide MikeWill into my IR spot

Osborn vs PIT
MVS vs CHI

MVS option allows me to wait it out, all 3 have decent matchups too

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since we're seeing SD Charger WR names pop up on the thread....what's the play with Mike Williams this week?

only league I have him, Osborn (TNF game) is probably my best substitute. picked up MVS since I was able to slide MikeWill into my IR spot

Osborn vs PIT
MVS vs CHI

Tough call. MVS is so boom or bust. I think Osborn is safer, but the whole Thursday thing throws that all out of whack. I would think Mike Williams sits, but I guess we don't know for sure until Saturday. Do you need to swing for the fences or just make sure you get some points? I guess that is the real question.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you need to swing for the fences or just make sure you get some points? I guess that is the real question.

is both a good answer?

tied with 2 other teams at 9-4, 10pts behind the scoring leader - 1st overall and Most Pts Scored pay out, projected to win 134.95 - 113.87 by the yahoo experts. Victory for 1st overall and securing the bye is more important to me that the Most Pts Scored payout, which would be icing on the cake

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is both a good answer?

tied with 2 other teams at 9-4, 10pts behind the scoring leader - 1st overall and Most Pts Scored pay out, projected to win 134.95 - 113.87 by the yahoo experts. Victory for 1st overall and securing the bye is more important to me that the Most Pts Scored payout, which would be icing on the cake
I understand and I don't think that makes this any easier. I lean towards playing it safe with Osborn tonight, but then I wonder how much safer that would be than MVS. And MVS probably has the higher ceiling. I wish there was a better read on Williams and how likely he is to go this week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and I don't think that makes this any easier. I lean towards playing it safe with Osborn tonight, but then I wonder how much safer that would be than MVS. And MVS probably has the higher ceiling. I wish there was a better read on Williams and how likely he is to go this week.
Thielen is playing right?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Osborn vs PIT
MVS vs CHI

I don’t see a big difference between Oz and MVS.

Might as well wait it out.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollard, esp considering you get the return yardage boost.
He's just looked so much better than Zeke with his touches in every game I've watched, and the box scores back it up too, at least since Zeke hurt his knee in Oct.

I just dropped Pollard in a couple leagues. He tore his plantar fascia, and though he possibly could play through it, he isn't going to be the same guy that we know and love, who could produce 15 fantasy points for you even on a limited number of touches. Sad times.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dropped Pollard in a couple leagues. He tore his plantar fascia, and though he possibly could play through it, he isn't going to be the same guy that we know and love, who could produce 15 fantasy points for you even on a limited number of touches. Sad times.

Not a Dr, but everything I read today said as long as he tore it all the way, it's just pain mgmt. Partial tear would keep nagging him until surgery/recovery