• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wr 40 times

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong. If the best value there is WR, then we take it. But considering how weak we are in the secondary, and at O-line. I get the feeling there will be a capable starter at one of those spots available to us at #34.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a guy is capable of starting for us does not make them starting material. I'd rather a guy that can't start day one for this team but can next season over a guy who can start day one for us but we will be looking to replace in three years.

Our secondary is fine for now. Hall and Amerson are our starters. I'm interested in Minnifield and Crawford. We could use a proven nickel but corner is not a huge issue. We have two young safeties and a proven backup in Doughty. We will sign a starting safety in FA so this isn't a dire need either. If the best player in this draft is a cb/s then I would still take them but all things being equal, I'd take a WR over a DB.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah last year, I was totally against WR with our 1st pick(2nd rounder) because I felt we had way too many other important issues. The same could be said this year BUT, its likely...Tuitt or another strong DL will be gone. The top ILB will be gone.
Taking a CB would be stupid, and since WR is deep... its makes the most sense unless its not the BPA that fills another need.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well wr is a need .

my thinking is if wr is the highest rated guy on your board , you simply take him

yes we need defense but you cant pass on higher rated players to fill defensive needs

take the best player :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well wr is a need .

my thinking is if wr is the highest rated guy on your board , you simply take him

yes we need defense but you cant pass on higher rated players to fill defensive needs

take the best player :suds:

I agree. The problem I see is, I hope they dont start targeting WR or ANY position for that matter. Because thats when you start to over value guys. If WR is so deep, doesnt it make more sense to fill the positions where the draft isnt very deep first?? Provided there is a player there worth the pick

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The problem I see is, I hope they dont start targeting WR or ANY position for that matter. Because thats when you start to over value guys. If WR is so deep, doesnt it make more sense to fill the positions where the draft isnt very deep first?? Provided there is a player there worth the pick
lee and benjamin are the only two wrs we are talking about taking at 34, they have first round grades so there is good value right there.
this is impossible to predict because no one knows who will fall to us but my guess is we take a D linemen at 34. there are plenty of DLs that are projected to go in the late first round so i think some will fall to us, tuitt, ealy, hageman, nix, timmy, donald. all mid to late first round grades so one should fall to us.
cb- dennard and gibert should be gone and the rest are projected 2nd rounders, so we probably wont get a really good value pick here.
ilb- mosley, that is the only guy id take at 34 and i dont think he will be there.
OL- i havent studied these guys as much as i should have so maybe we can get value here at 34. maybe zack martin can fall to us.

so my best guess is we take a d linemen. maybe a wr

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lee and benjamin are the only two wrs we are talking about taking at 34, they have first round grades so there is good value right there.
this is impossible to predict because no one knows who will fall to us but my guess is we take a D linemen at 34. there are plenty of DLs that are projected to go in the late first round so i think some will fall to us, tuitt, ealy, hageman, nix, timmy, donald. all mid to late first round grades so one should fall to us.
cb- dennard and gibert should be gone and the rest are projected 2nd rounders, so we probably wont get a really good value pick here.
ilb- mosley, that is the only guy id take at 34 and i dont think he will be there.
OL- i havent studied these guys as much as i should have so maybe we can get value here at 34. maybe zack martin can fall to us.

so my best guess is we take a d linemen. maybe a wr

I'd be ok with Bryant at 34 as well

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think you target needs but if value isnt there you take the BPA . i dont think we need to reach for a wr either .

a few years ago we wanted a tall wr . we got kelly and thomas and passed on a jackson .

take the highest rated player and hopefully he fits a needs as well

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand this line of thinking and to a point, I did this in the mock draft. That being said, we can't afford to miss on a guy we like to take a guy that we hope is good just because it is deep at a position.

BPA. Stay true to your board.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand this line of thinking and to a point, I did this in the mock draft. That being said, we can't afford to miss on a guy we like to take a guy that we hope is good just because it is deep at a position.

BPA. Stay true to your board.

Agree to a point. But if your board has a guy at WR who you rated worth the pick, and a guy at O-line or in the secondary who you also rated as worth the pick, I hope we dont go the route of picking the WR is all Im saying. Even if the WR is rated slightly better, the O-line or secondary player helps the team more. BPA does have to be balanced against more pressing need to a slight degree.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Mosley is available for a 2nd and a 4th round pick. That total would get you to about the 26th pick in the draft. Most likely he is a top 15-20 pick and to do that at the very least you would have to give up a 2nd and 3rd round pick and most likely more. This draft is way too deep to be trying to trade up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say WR is a bigger need than secondary and at least equal to OL. This is a very weak OL class on the interior and I don't think value at T will be there.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say WR is a bigger need than secondary and at least equal to OL. This is a very weak OL class on the interior and I don't think value at T will be there.

Dude... how the heck is WR a bigger need than secondary when of all the safety's we have under contract... one is coming off injury and the other one was no where near ready to start last year? We have Garcon, we have Robinson and a few other WRs on roster at least. Can not say the same for the secondary, and especially at the safety position. And I would say OL is a bigger need as well because it doesnt matter how many WRs you have if your QB cant et past his first read. Now either THAT is an OL issue (as in they are not giving him enough time) Or a QB problem.... but we wont go there.

Bottom line is I would take an upgrade at safety or G over a WR unless the WR was the next coming.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... how the heck is WR a bigger need than secondary when of all the safety's we have under contract... one is coming off injury and the other one was no where near ready to start last year? We have Garcon, we have Robinson and a few other WRs on roster at least. Can not say the same for the secondary, and especially at the safety position. And I would say OL is a bigger need as well because it doesnt matter how many WRs you have if your QB cant et past his first read. Now either THAT is an OL issue (as in they are not giving him enough time) Or a QB problem.... but we wont go there.

Bottom line is I would take an upgrade at safety or G over a WR unless the WR was the next coming.

Our secondary consists of a fourth rounder we really liked but missed his rookie season because of injury. It consists of a sixth rounder who got a lot of PT last season and improved. It has a good backup in Doughty. And we will sign a FA capable of starting, possibly Merriweather.
Our cbs are Hall and Amerson. Amerson was a second last season with better corners in that draft. Do you think a 2nd in this draft will be better? We have young players with potential in Minnifield and Crawford. We will sign a FA CB but we don't know how high a quality we will go for.

WR we have Garcon. That is it. I haven't given entirely up on Hankerson but have never been a Robinson guy. Moss is old and had one of the highest drop rates in football last season. We do not have a slot WR at all unless we move Garcon to the slot but then we have at best Hankerson alone on the outside. We invested a lot in RG3 so we have to give him weapons to see if he is our QB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last sentence says it all. You believe any upgrade at OL or S is more important than a better player at another position. You want to draft for perceived need over quality of player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last sentence says it all. You believe any upgrade at OL or S is more important than a better player at another position. You want to draft for perceived need over quality of player.

Actually your last sentence says it all. You want to feed more grist into the mill that is RG3. He just needs MORE weapons. Because the massive amounts of money, draft picks and time we have thrown into making him a success clearly are not enough. In our secondary we have Rambo who wasnt ready to start, Thomas and Crawford are both coming back from injury, Doughty isnt under contract yet and I cant count the number of times people have said he shouldnt be starting or even on roster. But now he is OK because it would facilitate drafting another WR??

I suspect that we could get a quality starter for either the O-line or the secondary at 34, and Im fine with not throwing more picks at the offensive skill positions until we get the line fixed.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What money have we putbinto RG3. Garcon and Williams are the only offensive players making anything and they were both here before RG3.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe you can get a quality starter for day one at either S or OL at 34.

I have never bashed Doughty and have always called him a quality back up.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What money have we putbinto RG3. Garcon and Williams are the only offensive players making anything and they were both here before RG3.

Resigning Davis last year, Josh Morgan... you dont consider those moves and money put into trying to make RG3 a success??

And as for no quality starters at 34 for the O-line and secondary?? I think thats a stretch at best as there will be a few quality players at 34 who could start at multiple positions. And while I dont say a starting WR is out of the scope of things, I think the team as a whole would benifit more if we got a starting O-lineman or Safety with that pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something to keep in mind here is what is available in Free Agency. The Safety and Corner position will be pretty deep in FA compared to that of WR. Also you just can't always fill every position every year with quality starters. When trying to build a championship team it takes at least 2-3 years to do so. This is the first year I would say of that process for Washington considering the Cap Penalties. Getting 3-4 quality starters say 2 from FA and 2 from the Draft will go a long ways in that rebuild. Then do the same the next year and just keep adding building depth.