• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wr 40 times

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks 4.3 flat is a speed demon. If you like Tavon Austin last year then you must be banging the table for this guy at #34.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks 4.3 flat is a speed demon. If you like Tavon Austin last year then you must be banging the table for this guy at #34.

I've always been intrigued by Martavis Bryant, despite him playing across from the best WR (Sammy Watkins) in this draft, but I know he's raw i.e. Stephen Hill in 2012 and Cordarelle Patterson, last year. Still, 6'5 200lbs. frame, along with his two runs in the 4.3s cannot be ignored. I didn't realize he was that fast. Many mocks had him going in the 3rd. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 1st round. If he makes it to #34, the Redskins would be crazy to overlook this guy.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw both of his runs. I'm not surprised. I actually thought he was a lot shorter than 5'10 186lbs. With two straight 4.30 times, he's likely to go in the first round. It would take a miracle for him to make it to #34. I swear! This draft is just loaded with WRs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant at #34 overall is a bit high skinfaninatl. His number were great, I just cant see we picking him at #34. I believe Beckham, Cooks, Lee, and Benjamin helped themselves today. Allen Robinson had an awful 40 time and Landry killed himself today too. If I had to rank the Wr's right now:

1) Watkins 2)Evans 3) Lee 4)Beckham, 5) Cooks 6) Benjamin 7) Matthews 8)Bryant 9) Robinson 10)Adams

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant at #34 overall is a bit high skinfaninatl. His number were great, I just cant see we picking him at #34. I believe Beckham, Cooks, Lee, and Benjamin helped themselves today. Allen Robinson had an awful 40 time and Landry killed himself today too. If I had to rank the Wr's right now:

1) Watkins 2)Evans 3) Lee 4)Beckham, 5) Cooks 6) Benjamin 7) Matthews 8)Bryant 9) Robinson 10)Adams

The top post was after the last post. I agree! Bryant is just too raw. Like I said, he reminds me of Stephen Hill. He went in the 1st round to the Jets and we know how that turned out. Cordarrelle Patterson didn't do much at WR, last year. He can return kicks, as we all know. I agree with your rankings. I just don't know who falls to us. That's the big question. :noidea:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told people Robinson will drop to the 2nd round because he will have a slow 40 time. I still think the Skins should take him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donte Moncrief from ole Miss is also impressing.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Benjamen will def fall into the 2nd now that cooks ran a 4.3. Also I wouldn't be mad if we took Moncrief or Coleman in the 4th. There should be top ranked guards available to us at 34 if we go that route as well

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't that impressed with Benjamins 40 time or his ability to run. He looked awkward.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys. I know this is going to sound like a little strange. But the running theme around here has been that the main problem for this team last year was the defense. We need help all over the defense.

Taking this into account, why are we thinking it would be better for the team to draft a WR with our first pick?? I realize there is a need at WR and we need to give Griffin more help (whole nother argument could come out of that statement). But seriously even now the Offense account for about 70% of our salary cap allocations where as the defense actually NEEDS starters now. So how do we even see taking a WR with our first pick as a good idea??

Im just trying to get a little insite into the logic behind this train of thought is all. :D

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys. I know this is going to sound like a little strange. But the running theme around here has been that the main problem for this team last year was the defense. We need help all over the defense.

Taking this into account, why are we thinking it would be better for the team to draft a WR with our first pick?? I realize there is a need at WR and we need to give Griffin more help (whole nother argument could come out of that statement). But seriously even now the Offense account for about 70% of our salary cap allocations where as the defense actually NEEDS starters now. So how do we even see taking a WR with our first pick as a good idea??

Im just trying to get a little insite into the logic behind this train of thought is all. :D

Speed clouds judgement :nod:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed clouds judgement :nod:

Yes, and it has been said alot, but this draft is very deep at WR. We could probably get one in the 2nd that many drafts will have in the 1st. A 2nd rounder WR will drop to us in the 3rd. There will definitely be some in the middle rounds.

I know we need help everywhere. I would rather see the Defense more of the focus in FA.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it has been said alot, but this draft is very deep at WR. We could probably get one in the 2nd that many drafts will have in the 1st. A 2nd rounder WR will drop to us in the 3rd. There will definitely be some in the middle rounds.

I know we need help everywhere. I would rather see the Defense more of the focus in FA.

Thats my point. If we fall in love with a WR but our biggest areas of need are on the defensive side of the ball, we run the risk of once again ignoring the defense as we have the past four years. I know we drafted defensive players. But you dont draft late round projects when you actually need starters. Aside from Amerson, we havent really tried to address the defense much.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just depends. Yes, we have greater need on defense. But history has proven that you take best player available. If a Lee drops to you at 34 (never gonna happen), you have to seriously consider him. Same goes for it an OT drops to us that we had highly rated. I agree that it will take a real surprise for a top notch WR or OT to drop that far. We can wait until the 3rd round to go after a WR (like Cooks). What I would be disappointed in is if we fell in love with a WR and traded UP to get him. That would be crazy. That would involve giving up multiple picks that need to be used on defense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore the defense? First rounders in Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo. Second rounders in Jarvis Jenkins and Amerson. We have invested more high picks in defense than offense (if you count RG3 as one pick).

You say we have 70% tied up into the offense but that fails to consider we are going to sign RAK and Riley to fairly large contracts and I'm not sure if that included HALL's contract.

We need another WR, end of story.
We need another ILB, end of story.
We need interior OL help, end of story.
We need DL help, end of story.

A quality ILB is cheaper in FA than a quality WR and there is better value in this draft at WR than any other position. If our pick comes up and WR is BPA, then we should take BPA. The fifth best WR in this draft is better than the second best ILB in this draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK... I dont consider RG3 as one pick though. Because we used 4 picks to get him. For every one resource we have used on the defense over the past four years, we have used three for offense roughly. I could see us going O-line with the first pick. I could see us going D-line or secondary. I think a WR, no matter how highly touted, is a luxury pick to a degree. Yes we need a WR, but I think that falls 4th or 5th on the team needs list at the moment.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Hageman and Tuitt could be selected in the 2nd round over a WR. But other than that I don't see anyone else being selected over a WR. I can see us trading up for Mosely. If it only costs a 4th I would do it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK... I dont consider RG3 as one pick though. Because we used 4 picks to get him. For every one resource we have used on the defense over the past four years, we have used three for offense roughly. I could see us going O-line with the first pick. I could see us going D-line or secondary. I think a WR, no matter how highly touted, is a luxury pick to a degree. Yes we need a WR, but I think that falls 4th or 5th on the team needs list at the moment.

RG3 is one player...he's one pick. The QB is the most important position on the team so it would make sense to use more resources to get a quality one. It's still only one pick though.

Last four years of the draft:
1st rounders- RG3, Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan...2 offense and 1 defense
2nd rounders- Jarvis Jenkins and David Amerson...2 defense
3rd roudners- Jordan Reed, Josh Leribeus, and Leonard Hankerson...3 offense
4th rounders- Perry Riley, Roy Helu, Kirk Cousins, and Phillip Thomas...2 to 2

7 offense and 5 defense. Not even close to your statement. Even if we continue to the lower rounds we have 8 defensive and 13 offensive players taken so you comparison is still bogus.

That doesn't consider quality players in FA taken. We picked up more "quality players" on defense than we did on offense.

We are a bad football team. The position we have the least on is ILB...nobody will argue that. I will argue that there won't be enough quality at this position in round 2 to warrant the pick.

After that, WR is the position we are weakest at. Outside of Garcon, we have nothing proven and we don't have a guy made for the slot at all (other than Garcon). This draft has a lot of talent at this position and if our guy is there...it's smarter to get a guy that can start in this league in round 2 rather than a guy that can start only because we have nobody else to play the position.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I am on board for trading for Mosley and giving up our 4th round pick. Mosley and a 3rd round WR(Moncrief, Bryant, Richardson, and maybe Matthews). Solid draft.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Hageman and Tuitt could be selected in the 2nd round over a WR. But other than that I don't see anyone else being selected over a WR. I can see us trading up for Mosely. If it only costs a 4th I would do it.

I'm all for Hageman and Tuitt. If they are there, I'd take them over WRs. We should simply take the best value available to us.