• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wr 40 times

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something to keep in mind here is what is available in Free Agency. The Safety and Corner position will be pretty deep in FA compared to that of WR. Also you just can't always fill every position every year with quality starters. When trying to build a championship team it takes at least 2-3 years to do so. This is the first year I would say of that process for Washington considering the Cap Penalties. Getting 3-4 quality starters say 2 from FA and 2 from the Draft will go a long ways in that rebuild. Then do the same the next year and just keep adding building depth.

This really is my point. You BUILD a championship by taking the BPA because you count on that guy for 5 years. You don't build a championship team by passing on a better player because a certain position on your team is so bad, anybody seems like an upgrade.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning Davis last year, Josh Morgan... you dont consider those moves and money put into trying to make RG3 a success??

And as for no quality starters at 34 for the O-line and secondary?? I think thats a stretch at best as there will be a few quality players at 34 who could start at multiple positions. And while I dont say a starting WR is out of the scope of things, I think the team as a whole would benifit more if we got a starting O-lineman or Safety with that pick.

Davis was resigned on potential and us not wanting to let him go.
Morgan was resigned on potential...please don't try to blame RG3 for Morgan sucking.

I'm not a huge RG3 guy right now but come on.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was resigned on potential and us not wanting to let him go.
Morgan was resigned on potential...please don't try to blame RG3 for Morgan sucking.

I'm not a huge RG3 guy right now but come on.

The mantra when we went out and paid a kings ransom for Morgan and Garcon was.. .we are going to surround our rookie QB with as many weapons as we need to in order to make him a success. But Im not blaming RG3 all by his lonesome for it failing. Morgan had his fair share of blame. As did the Offensive lines inability to pass protect. We have thrown draft picks AND money at the Skill positions on offense, aside from Kerrigan, Jenkins and Amerson how truely dedicated have we been at fixing the defense? At 34 there will be a few players who are first round talent available at WR, O-line and in the defensive secondary. I just think its a mistake to chase a skill position right now when we do have other more pressing holes. I rate a #2 WR as 4th or 5th on the list and think that being the case, unless some one really really slips, the value will be there at O-line, Safety or ILB as well as WR. Priority then has to go to need if value is even out. At that point.. WR runs hind tit in my book.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mantra when we went out and paid a kings ransom for Morgan and Garcon was.. .we are going to surround our rookie QB with as many weapons as we need to in order to make him a success. But Im not blaming RG3 all by his lonesome for it failing. Morgan had his fair share of blame. As did the Offensive lines inability to pass protect. We have thrown draft picks AND money at the Skill positions on offense, aside from Kerrigan, Jenkins and Amerson how truely dedicated have we been at fixing the defense? At 34 there will be a few players who are first round talent available at WR, O-line and in the defensive secondary. I just think its a mistake to chase a skill position right now when we do have other more pressing holes. I rate a #2 WR as 4th or 5th on the list and think that being the case, unless some one really really slips, the value will be there at O-line, Safety or ILB as well as WR. Priority then has to go to need if value is even out. At that point.. WR runs hind tit in my book.

if the best player available happens to be WR we should take him . if it happens to be d/line , take him , if it is o/line , take him , if it is secondary , take him , if it is ILB , take him , if it is TE , take him

we dont need to take the 110th rated guy on the board simply because he plays defense and pass on the 26th rated player on the board because he is a wr

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the best player available happens to be WR we should take him . if it happens to be d/line , take him , if it is o/line , take him , if it is secondary , take him , if it is ILB , take him , if it is TE , take him

we dont need to take the 110th rated guy on the board simply because he plays defense and pass on the 26th rated player on the board because he is a wr

If the best rated guy is a WR, sure we take him. But reality is there will likely be an O-lineman, or a DB, or an ILB worthy of the pick as well. And in that case, you have to look at team need to a degree. And Im sorry, but even if the WR is the second coming of Jerry Rice genetically spliced with Megatron... it wont mean jack if our QB doesnt have the time to find his third or more read. Because right now we are a two read offense. And if read one is on the right side of the line, we aint making it to the left side.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless somehow Mosely drops, I don't see an ILB being the best rated player at pick 34 so I don't see us going that route with our second round pick. I expect we will either pick a secondary player, an OLman or DL. We will go WR only if one of the top 6 drops to us. If that happens you almost have to take them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the top rated guards will be there at #34. So if you believe oline is the bigger fix then we should go guard. Mosley we are going to have to trade up for same goes for Hageman. Tuitt should be there at #34 so if you believe DE is a greater need you take him. Then there is WR which speaks for itself. Free Agency should dictate to us on who we are going to draft. Hopefully we land a CB so we can cross that need off our list.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't afford the trade up scenarios. We can trade back a few spots to gain some additional picks in rounds 3-5. Having said that, I believe we should trade back once if not twice to add additional picks in rounds 3-5 while still having the 2nd round later pick and draft BPA. (Let's hope that is OL, DL, S) If we can garner additional picks in those rounds, I still think we can have a successful draft. I see the Skins spending big money on roughly 3 FA players (S, ILB, WR, along with tagging Orakpo). Let's see how FA pans out before we even identify specific needs for the draft.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can absolutely afford to trade up. We have a 2nd rounder...the only rounds you expect to draft starters are first and second. If we can trade up for Mosely and it only costs a 3rd or 4th this season, we should. I wouldn't trade up for any other position though. I'd rather draft a sure starter in this league than hope we draft two guys that may be able to start on our team.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can absolutely afford to trade up. We have a 2nd rounder...the only rounds you expect to draft starters are first and second. If we can trade up for Mosely and it only costs a 3rd or 4th this season, we should. I wouldn't trade up for any other position though. I'd rather draft a sure starter in this league than hope we draft two guys that may be able to start on our team.

I agree with your last statement gk, but I am not sure that I would trade our 2nd AND 3rd to move up 10 spots for an ILB. If we had a 1st, it might be a different story. I don't know enough about Mosley to say how much better he would make this team vs. a quality FA. Drafting him would certainly be a much cheaper option. What happens with Riley will have a lot of influence art how we address this position.

Now, a top 15 pass rushing, game changing DE, like Ealy that slips... A trade up... Definitely.