• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you rather Bo get fired now or at seasons end?

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros and Cons to both...

Fired now Pros-
can start a searching process early, in depth.
Possibly grab a name off the board before Texas and USC make their moves.
could possibly bring some motivation or new life to the team.

Cons-
intern coaches could be godawful
this season is sacked
possible that university makes a terrible hire.

-------------------------

Fired at seasons end Pros-
Salvage what we can this season
Give our coaching candidates more time to prove themselves or experience (If we target Frost)
Could prevent crushing team morale? ify on this

Cons-
Pelini could just throw in the towel and we will experience hell on saturdays
USC and Texas will get a jump on coaching candidates

feel free to add more pros and cons, whats everyones input?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<-------------giggling :laugh3:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing left of this dead horse to beat. Firing him mid season would be the dumbest fucking thing this university has ever done. We got blown out by probably the best team we're gonna face all year outside of possibly playing OSU. Michigan just had a scare with Akron and we have time to get ready for NW. This season hasn't even fucking started. The fact we are still entertaining this notion... (insert standard profane Brasky remark that insults intelligence of OP here).

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The proper way to do it is to fire Pelini at the end of the season. That is the way it will happen.

The search has already begun. Another way that the coaches learn they are gone. Headhunters will begin to call the coaches. The scuttle butt will go around the school that Pelini is getting canned anyway. That kind of secret won't last long.

Coaches sending out resumes. Coaches making contacts with other schools/coaches. Other players from other schools will hear things.

The players have already shown that don't give a damn. Witness the UCLA second half. The offense completely laid down. The offense that was supposed to be the STRENGTH of Nebraska is the weakness? This senior laden offense gave up and put the entire game on the defense, Of course, the young defense performed as expected.

The defense would watch the offense go out and do a three and out. And no one on the offense gave a damn.

None of the top coaches will come here because they all know that Texas and their $10,000,000 per year is looking. Texas is a recruiting hotbed. All the to coaches will see who selects Texas, and then the next plumb job is USC and the California recruiting hotbed.

The Pelini tape does not bother me, people left the Ohio State game at halftime and booed the players. Then, those same players came back and won the game because one player put the team on his back, Lavonte David. No players this year are putting the team on their back. The offense is the one that needs to do it, and they won't, can't, and didn't. Pelini was correct in cussing out the fair weather fans.

But the team has given up. The coaches don't seem to inspire them and the coaches don't seem to even try. Tim Beck's play calling became idiotic. He did great and then he went away from what was working. Huh?

I am more in favor of firing him now, anything is better than what is happening. Play the players that give a damn. I do not think Taylor Martinez gives a damn anymore.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perlman looked pretty worn out in his press conference today and repeatedly said he was not commenting on Nebraska Football...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo was already on the hot seat, this tape doesn't change anything other than guaranteeing recruits will want nothing to do with our hot mess. What I want to see is how the players react on Sat and the rest of the season, I hope it's lights a fire under their ass, for everyone's sake. Firing Bo right now would all but seal the fate of this season to be the worst we've ever witnessed. This is his last year no matter how it turns out either way

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday I was ready to fire him on the spot. Today, I think I will wait till the end of the season to see if I want him to stick around. I mean, nothing good could come from firing him today and maybe, just maybe, he got a little wake up call this week.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need a legitimate college head football coach. Bo is just slightly above average.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John wooden said there is nothing more cleansing than an ass kicking. But what happens if after that ass kicking you shoot yourself in the foot and immediately after someone sets fire to said ass?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've certainly had plenty of cleansing, ought to be pretty clean by know

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have been fired by now if they were going to do it.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have been fired by now if they were going to do it.

i feel like the longer it takes to get word, the more likely he'll be fired. my thinking on this is that they want to have their ducks in a row and have a "unified front" when they announce it. that is merely speculation though.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Zatechka said there are high expectations by Nebraska fans and almost unreasonable expectations at times but as a former player he wouldn't have any other way. He also said that once you have apathy after losses like UCLA, then you start accepting the losses...and the typical coaching glass house analogy...

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo was already on the hot seat, this tape doesn't change anything other than guaranteeing recruits will want nothing to do with our hot mess. What I want to see is how the players react on Sat and the rest of the season, I hope it's lights a fire under their ass, for everyone's sake. Firing Bo right now would all but seal the fate of this season to be the worst we've ever witnessed. This is his last year no matter how it turns out either way
-------
I don't think the Frazier comments made any difference OR the tape for that matter. How the Chancellor repsonded to both as well as the AD has said volumes. Now insofar as keeping a potential search a secret. Does it matter? The players aren't stupid. They either play for the season despite the potential rumors or they fold completely. If they respond like they did with UCLA, we're in for a long finish to this season regardless.

Having said that, I don't see any good in dumping Bo now. It serves no good purpose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously hope this lights a fire under everyone's ass and they come back and win every game!!! Come on Bo just fucking win the rest!!:gaah:

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line ----

firing Bo would not improve the season at all

do coaching changes need to be instilled ---yes

does Bo need to realize this ---yes

does Bo need to step aside his arrogant ways and realize cheerios is fer kids and wheaties is fer men ---yes

Bo needs to retool his whole coaching staff and cut off those with tape recorders in rooms where he speaks in

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like the longer it takes to get word, the more likely he'll be fired. my thinking on this is that they want to have their ducks in a row and have a "unified front" when they announce it. that is merely speculation though.

I agree with you.

Todays State of the University Address

1st Reporter: "Are there any plans to reprimand Bo Pelini, or give a timeline for determining that reprimand or discipline?"

Perlman: I believe you've been told that I'm not gonna talk about football today, and I'm not gonna talk about football today"

1st Reporter: "Can you talk abo..?"

Perlman: (interrupts) I mean I love you guys but you know if we're gonna, gonna play, you're gonna waste your time cause I'm not saying anything"

2nd Reporter: With all due respect Chancellor Perlman, for the thousands of staff, fans, across the country that are looking to your leadership and guidance right now, for your reaction, can you at least give a reason why you won't talk about it right now?

Perlman: No. I'm not gonna talk about it right now. We issued a statement, the statement holds.

3rd Reporter: Could you at least reiterate the statement on camera for us?

Perlman: Yeah. That, that we're disappointed and that we are reflecting on the situation.

Todays Big 10 Teleconference

Eric Olson AP: Do you expect to be disciplined?

Bo: I don't know.

Dan Wolken (USA Today): Bo, how did you interpret the statements that were made by your president and athletic director last night, from the outside, that did not seem particularly supportive, did you read them that way?

Bo: Ahh, you know it's hard to say that ahh, umm, you'd have to ask them that.

Brian Christopherson (LJS): Hey Bo, did you meet with Shawn Eichorst and Harvey Perlman and what was the feedback you received from them beyond the statements they provided, what was the personal feedback they gave you?

Bo: Ahh, we didn't, there wasn't much involved there, we haven't had much discussion on it as of yet, I met with Shawn and I talked with Chancellor Perlman on the phone and that's about where it stopped.

Yesterday

Harvey Perlman, Chancellor: “I am aware of the publication of Coach Pelini’s comments, I am disappointed and in discussions with Shawn Eichorst about addressing the issue.”

Shawn Eichorst, Director of Athletics: “I am disheartened and disappointed by the 2011 comments published today attributed to Coach Pelini about our dedicated and passionate fans and supporters. I have spoken with Chancellor Perlman and I have addressed the situation with Bo and expressed our deep concern.”

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him fired at all. I want him to win.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, case closed, they says to Bo how they're concerned and what not and Bo say's he appreciates how they're concerned and thanked them for coming down

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Bo need to step aside his arrogant ways and realize cheerios is fer kids and wheaties is fer men ---yes

Bo needs to retool his whole coaching staff and cut off those with tape recorders in rooms where he speaks in

-------
How old is Bo? He's not going to change his arrogant ways at this stage in his life

If Bo needs to retool the staff, it pretty much shows that after nearly six years he's not up to the task to begin with which is why I advocate hiring a successful experienced coach.

Now in regards to the tape recorders? They are going to be a fact of life no matter if a coach says this is off the record--it's the state of journalism today. Again, I think it's either arrogance or stupidity that Bo assumed there were no recordings at the time he made the infamous statements.