• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you got the national championship game if all you could get were nosebleeds?

Would you go to the national championship game if all you could get were nosebleeds?

• Yes

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting in the nosebleeds can be awesome. You can see the entire field and see everything unfold. It's a great way to see the game in my opinion. Ideally though, I would like to be angled towards the endzone that the team I want to win is playing towards in the 2nd and 4th quarter, but of course you don't know that until after. I've sat in pretty much every seat you could sit in, even lower level 50 yard line. My favorite has to 2nd level angled. I can see the field, and ideally, I can see the action I want to see coming towards me.
I agree with this. I like sitting in the nosebleeds better too. You can see everything unfold.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would stay home. That way you could get as drunk as you want (and for a lot cheaper I might add), you could smoke weed if you want, and you could post on tHoop (assuming tHoop doesn't go down like it did last year :hope:).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's only 30 min away, I'd just drive down a couple hours or so before and buy them then. Prices should be very low at that point.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I......

But Alabama in a national championship game. I'm worried I'll look back on this in 10 years and go - YOU FUCKING RETARD.

Exactly.

I keep kicking myself when I was in North Carolina on business and I could have seen Duke play North Carolina, Chapel Hill, in basketball somewhere in 2001 to 2004, I forget the year that I thought about doing it.

I also kick myself for never going and seeing Michael Jordan play basketball in Chicago.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I keep kicking myself when I was in North Carolina on business and I could have seen Duke play North Carolina, Chapel Hill, in basketball somewhere in 2001 to 2004, I forget the year that I thought about doing it.

I also kick myself for never going and seeing Michael Jordan play basketball in Chicago.

I agree. And I love living in Phoenix. Shit, I go to the Fiesta Bowl every year. It doesn't matter if Boise's playing in it and winning it or not, I go. I don't care who's matched up. Same thing with the national title game when we get it every few years. I can't always afford the expensive seats, but I'm there in the building. You kidding me? How can you pass that up as a college football fan? So I say go to the game, soak in the experience, record that shit, and come home and watch it again later from the comfort of your couch.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Georgia Tech ever makes it to another Football or Basketball championship game I am definitely going. As rare as they are for us I may not live to see another one.....

yes, they are rare, for just about everybody except Bama the past ten years.

absolutely, if you can afford it go!

I kicked myself for not going to the Tex/USC game, but the wife (at the time) pointed out we would have a hard time affording it, with three teenagers (they certainly would not want to go)... I remember some friends who bought airfare back before the Big12 championship game, gambling that Texas would go.

When I looked at airfare, after knowing they were in fact going, the prices had skyrocketed.

At least, we went to Alamo Drafthouse, every screen in Austin was showing the game: beer food and a packed house of UT fans, it was really pretty damn cool.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.al.com%2Fsports_impact%2Fphoto%2F11400380-large.jpg

Back in '93, I'm up to the right of that press box, which pretty much passes for a nosebleed section in Division II football. Was still a heck of an experience.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tennessee Motherfucking Volunteers were playing for the National Championship 30 minutes away, and I could get tix for $200, you better believe I'd be in that arena... Just not something I could pass up. My team isn't in the Championship game every other year like Alabama.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game is close to where you live, the answer is "yes".

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. If my team was in it I would. By the time that happens I'll be too old to walk up there

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much prefer watching on TV than spending $200/ticket to sit up in the rafters. Going to the game is great, but only if the players look like more than ants.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tennessee Motherfucking Volunteers were playing for the National Championship 30 minutes away, and I could get tix for $200, you better believe I'd be in that arena... Just not something I could pass up. My team isn't in the Championship game every other year like Alabama.

I was at the last one you were in when Peerless went off. It was awesome. Sun Devil Stadium was a sea of orange and rockin'.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much prefer watching on TV than spending $200/ticket to sit up in the rafters. Going to the game is great, but only if the players look like more than ants.
If his question was about whether or not to go to his first Bama game with a buddy I'd agree with you.
He's taking his youngest son. Chances to build those kinds of memories don't happen every day. They are moments he will recall long after his parents are gone. They are worth any amount of money and won't matter where the seats are.

My daughter doesn't really like football. Doesn't watch it at home at all. Still loves to go to at least one game with dad a year to Husky stadium. It's about spending the day with dad and having fun with the experience. She roots during the game like a champ even if she doesn't always know what's going on. It's bonding. She will have those memories for her whole life.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his question was about whether or not to go to his first Bama game with a buddy I'd agree with you.
He's taking his youngest son. Chances to build those kinds of memories don't happen every day. They are moments he will recall long after his parents are gone. They are worth any amount of money and won't matter where the seats are.

My daughter doesn't really like football. Doesn't watch it at home at all. Still loves to go to at least one game with dad a year to Husky stadium. It's about spending the day with dad and having fun with the experience. She roots during the game like a champ even if she doesn't always know what's going on. It's bonding. She will have those memories for her whole life.

Good points, Wiz.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really not bad. I just sat up there for the Cards/Vi-Queens game a few weeks ago. $80 tickets and zero complaints. As one other poster said the bird's eye view isn't terrible. You can see the entire field as the play's unfolding. There's really not a bad seat. It's a kickass stadium. If you're a die hard Tiger or Tide fan, you can record it and watch it on TV later.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the opinions on this.

I was almost decided to go last night, then I laid down to go to bed, thought of a few things and decided I'm not going to go and I'm 100% at peace with the decision.

Mostly, I started thinking about the other stuff I could spend the money on combined with the fact that I'd basically be paying a minimum of $500 for a worse experience than I will get at home. We've been wanting to go fishing and stuff since we moved here, youngin has been wanting an Xbox One game since Christmas that he didn't get and so on.

Maybe if I was getting better tickets than nosebleeds, but I just can't justify it. There are other things entertainment wise I can spend the money on that will last much longer than the 3-4 hours I'd get at the game.

It's not as if it's go or don't watch the game at all. And while I think Alabama is going to win, it would suck even more to pay that money only to watch Alabama lay an egg.

In the end, I'll get more bang for my buck by staying at home, watching TV and using the money for other stuff.