• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would Broncos trade Miller ?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Broncos got lucky some team went full retard with Oz. Truely believe they would be regretting paying him 16 million a year. Got to dock Elway for not preparing for life after Elway, he should of known earlier Oz wasn't the answer and drafted someone like Carr for life after Peyton.

I agree that they should have prepared more for life after PM and Oz wasn't that guy, but he was better than anyone they have on the roster now at QB in my opinion.....
Elway understands, you can't change from a HOF QB and lose the guys they have and expect to go back to back SB's, so it looks like he's banking on the D, even with the losses and praying for the O until either someone develops into a star or they acquire a FA if there is actually one out there...
If Von gets injured they are toast this yr...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they should have prepared more for life after PM and Oz wasn't that guy, but he was better than anyone they have on the roster now at QB in my opinion.....
Elway understands, you can't change from a HOF QB and lose the guys they have and expect to go back to back SB's, so it looks like he's banking on the D, even with the losses and praying for the O until either someone develops into a star or they acquire a FA if there is actually one out there...
If Von gets injured they are toast this yr...
Von won't play up to last year IMO, that was a contract year and he's a fat cat now. They lost a couple of starters to FA, then they lost their shut down corner to a gun shoot, Ware is aging. The D won't be anything like last year IMO. Really comes down to Paxton being a franchise QB and able to pick up the slack, find that unlikely myself:nod:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von won't play up to last year IMO, that was a contract year and he's a fat cat now. They lost a couple of starters to FA, then they lost their shut down corner to a gun shoot, Ware is aging. The D won't be anything like last year IMO. Really comes down to Paxton being a franchise QB and able to pick up the slack, find that unlikely myself:nod:

I'm right there with you, but if they get in trouble, all they have to do is call cd, he's got it all figured out with their formula for success , he googled it you know ????....:heh::heh:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think they are happy that they didn't get stuck in that contract. I think the Broncos knew Oz was gone long before they made that last offer as he didn't exactly do the best job of hiding that he didn't want to be in Denver any longer. My personal thoughts are they made that last offer to drive up the price for Houston knowing Os wanted out of Denver.

Yeah they probably should have done more to prepare. They have tried multiple avenues though to try and get the QB position filled...Through trade offers, draft pick last year, looking at the FA QB's but honestly part of it for the Broncos was last year when I do think they were not sure on Osweiler (they tried to trade him before the draft in 2015) the QB market in that draft was down right terrible. After the 1st 2 guys in Mariota and Winston I think it was the 3rd round before the next QB went so the Broncos kind of got stuck where they realized Oz wasn't what they were hoping he would become and the QB market just wasn't that great last year.

No they didn't offer that deal to "drive up the price". Because at any point still Houston may have had a change of heart. At any point someone like Philly may have dropped out of the chase for the #2 overall pick and Houston has the best offer on the table for what they wanted most, or they get a trade offer for a guy they like more, or that price is just too much and they move on. Things like that change at the last second all the time, and Elway sure as hell knows that. He isn't handing out a deal in a fluid market like that which in an instant could be the only good long term deal out there if he isn't willing to sign Oz for that amount.

It wasn't a fake deal to make Denver fans happy, it wasn't a fake deal to drive up his price, it was the deal Elway felt would be worth paying to get Oz. Hindsight says it wasn't enough, though it was all Denver could afford. It was Elways top move to get, and then keep a QB for the post-Manning Bronco's by far. Easily through his actions, Elways #1 option.

As for the trade report... You are talking about the one Elway completely refuted multiple times right? Not gave a "no comment" like usual, but completely refuted that report.. Not like the Packers trying to move Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss (who went for a 4th instead). But this one was shot down by Elway.