• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would Broncos trade Miller ?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos not trying to trade Von Miller — for now

Miller says he prepared to sit out if they tag him.... Elway might have to give in on this one or trade the Super-Bowl MVP ... Elway has proven to be a tough negotiator, but a lot is on the line losing a guy like Miller ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos not trying to trade Von Miller — for now

Miller says he prepared to sit out if they tag him.... Elway might have to give in on this one or trade the Super-Bowl MVP ... Elway has proven to be a tough negotiator, but a lot is on the line losing a guy like Miller ...

Reports coming out this morning is that the 2 sides are really close and expect to get something done in the next couple of days. So I would give the percentage that they end up trading him around 2% chance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports coming out this morning is that the 2 sides are really close and expect to get something done in the next couple of days. So I would give the percentage that they end up trading him around 2% chance.

I thought he already was signed?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he already was signed?

Not quite yet. They resumed negotiations over the last couple of weeks and from the sound of things both sides are pretty happy with where things are and have patched up any damage done to the relationship between the Broncos and Von Miller during these negotiations. Unfortunately with how these things go he still might not sign until the deadline.

A couple of reasons for this

1) I'm sure the two sides have dug back in a bit and are hoping the deadline spurs the other side to raise the price just a bit more but in the end they still get something done.

2) Now it might only be a little in NFL terms but the longer that guaranteed money sits in the Broncos bank account the more interest they collect on it. So it actually does make sense at this point to wait even just a few days if you know something is going to get done.

Now I would love if they just got it done now anyway but my guess is Friday Von Miller is locked up long-term by the Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the hell am I thinking of then?

Well we locked up Brandon Marshall a few weeks back. Maybe that is who you are thinking of.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we locked up Brandon Marshall a few weeks back. Maybe that is who you are thinking of.

Maybe but I thought for sure it was Miller. Unless I just assumed he was signed when I heard it was "going well"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but I thought for sure it was Miller. Unless I just assumed he was signed when I heard it was "going well"

It has been an up and down negotiation process. Von Miller spoke out this past week about the negotiations and the fact that he called up John Elway and Joe Ellis and told them that some of their negotiation tactics hurt his feelings. Supposedly they talked it all out and both sides are in a good place now. This is where players just don't understand that this truly is a business and the teams have to operate in the best interest of the team not just in one players' interest. Seems like more and more we keep hearing about players' feelings getting hurt by a team. They also need to understand that when negotiating a team won't give what they are eventually willing to pay day 1. They lowball offers just in the hopes that maybe the player will jump on it as we do see that every once in a while happen. The agent then of course shoots well above what they are willing to accept and eventually the two sides go back and forth until they find the middle ground.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been an up and down negotiation process. Von Miller spoke out this past week about the negotiations and the fact that he called up John Elway and Joe Ellis and told them that some of their negotiation tactics hurt his feelings. Supposedly they talked it all out and both sides are in a good place now. This is where players just don't understand that this truly is a business and the teams have to operate in the best interest of the team not just in one players' interest. Seems like more and more we keep hearing about players' feelings getting hurt by a team. They also need to understand that when negotiating a team won't give what they are eventually willing to pay day 1. They lowball offers just in the hopes that maybe the player will jump on it as we do see that every once in a while happen. The agent then of course shoots well above what they are willing to accept and eventually the two sides go back and forth until they find the middle ground.

Exactly, a team might have a lot of money but they also have a lot of expenses besides one player. The job of ownership is to get players but at the lowest cost to the team (unless you are the Red Sox and they will outbid themselves by 200 million, a la David Price)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, a team might have a lot of money but they also have a lot of expenses besides one player. The job of ownership is to get players but at the lowest cost to the team (unless you are the Red Sox and they will outbid themselves by 200 million, a la David Price)

Haha well baseball is a bit different since there is no actual cap. Still shocked by some of the prices they pay those players but it is what it is. For the NFL especially with a hard cap it makes it much more difficult to give in to a players'/agents demands. There is only so much pie to go around so yeah they have to be frugal as much as they can.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha well baseball is a bit different since there is no actual cap. Still shocked by some of the prices they pay those players but it is what it is. For the NFL especially with a hard cap it makes it much more difficult to give in to a players'/agents demands. There is only so much pie to go around so yeah they have to be frugal as much as they can.

oh I know, just wanted to vent my frustration. But players don't get caps either and they just want as much as they can get (don't blame them though). Especially considering what's being thrown around in every sport.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos aren't going to trade him and he's not going to sit out because they'll work out a long term deal before the deadline.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I know, just wanted to vent my frustration. But players don't get caps either and they just want as much as they can get (don't blame them though). Especially considering what's being thrown around in every sport.

It is true. I just think today's NFL players seem so much more emotionally invested. If a team low-balls them then that means they don't really care or respect them seems to be a running theme these days. I understand money talks and these players want to feel respected but I would think they could look at history and see that this is how NFL teams and agents operate. To me if you want to be respected by the team then tell your agent not to try and throw out ridiculous numbers right away. Teams aren't going to start giving their final offer day 1 until agents/players stop trying to go crazy with their demands as well. 2-way street here and I don't see NFL teams getting mad at players or agents for wanting more money than what they probably should get.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Von Miller feels like sticking his neck out for the rest of the union, there's little reason to believe this doesn't get done.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Elway is gonna have to give in on this one ... I think it's mainly the guaranteed money holding this up ...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if they tag him ? He's not gonna play, he openly said it ...
He's already been tagged. And he said it as a negotiating ploy, I'd be shocked if he actually sat out the entire season.