• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Seahawk Memories (Excluding the Obvious Ones)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2008 playoff game against the Packers.

I don't know what it was about that game, but it makes me livid thinking about it to this day. We lost by 22, but I felt like that was a game the Seahawks should've won. I feel like that 2007 squad will go down as one of the most underrated in Seahawks history. It didn't have the glam of 2005, but I feel that if you put those two squads up against each other, the 2007 team might've been better. That defense was really underrated and Matt Hasselbeck doesn't get credit for how much he carried that offense that year. I don't think I've ever seen shittier run blocking in my life.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January 3rd, 1988 AFC Playoff Game - Houston 23 Seattle 20.

Warren Moon clearly picked off by Fredd Young. Refs called it incomplete. Zendejas kicks a 42 yarder to win the game in OT. Also Kenny Easley's last game as a Seahawk if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject, what are the worst memories you have excluding the obvious SB XL and SB XLIX?

For me it's this:

View attachment 35880

No question about it. In fact, that pisses me off more than the two Super Bowl losses combined. Obviously with SB XLIX I felt like Seattle should have won the game. But Malcolm Butler just made an amazing play. We can talk about the play call, but really if Kearse holds onto one pass earlier in the game Seattle isn't even in that position. I was more shocked after that game than mad.

And even though I thought SB XL was officiated poorly, I don't think it was as bad some here do. And really when you get down to it they lost that game due to two big plays by Willie Parker and Hines Ward in addition to a few other miscues (dropped passes etc.). In a similar fashion, we can talk about the refs forever but Seattle had their chances there. I was more disappointed after this game than anything.

THIS SHIT though.....oh man....that's just the refs giving the game away. Knocked Seattle out of the playoffs, pretty much got Dennis Erickson fired, and was HUGE step in getting instant replay approved. Can't stand Testeverde to this day. Probably the angriest I've ever been about something sports related. Just an abortion of an officiating job.

OMG I remember this one CLEARLY.... This potentially kept Seattle out of the playoffs that year... He was SO short of the goal-line it was ridiculous... I remember the pile pulling him in and the ref signaling TD... I was beyond ticked off... But it did bring back instant replay so that was good...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 2008 Packers playoff game was a real kick in the nads.

All 3 Rams games from the 2004 season.

Absolutely the Testaverde Touchdown game.

1997 (I think), I remember being so excited for the season to start and epxecting big things from the Seahawks, and it started with something like a 41-3 loss to the Jets in Parcells' first year with them (I think the Jets had been 1-15 the year before).

I was at that opening day Jets game..... OMG it was painful ... ZERO defense, lost offense... I knew the Erickson era was going no-where at that point....

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 of the 2003 season against the Ravens. We were up 41-24 with seven minutes left in the fourth, I still don't know how we lost that game. BRUTAL!