• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Seahawk Memories (Excluding the Obvious Ones)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject, what are the worst memories you have excluding the obvious SB XL and SB XLIX?

For me it's this:

amd-jets-td-jpg.jpg

No question about it. In fact, that pisses me off more than the two Super Bowl losses combined. Obviously with SB XLIX I felt like Seattle should have won the game. But Malcolm Butler just made an amazing play. We can talk about the play call, but really if Kearse holds onto one pass earlier in the game Seattle isn't even in that position. I was more shocked after that game than mad.

And even though I thought SB XL was officiated poorly, I don't think it was as bad some here do. And really when you get down to it they lost that game due to two big plays by Willie Parker and Hines Ward in addition to a few other miscues (dropped passes etc.). In a similar fashion, we can talk about the refs forever but Seattle had their chances there. I was more disappointed after this game than anything.

THIS SHIT though.....oh man....that's just the refs giving the game away. Knocked Seattle out of the playoffs, pretty much got Dennis Erickson fired, and was HUGE step in getting instant replay approved. Can't stand Testeverde to this day. Probably the angriest I've ever been about something sports related. Just an abortion of an officiating job.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We want the ball and we're gonna score"

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We want the ball and we're gonna score"

You know...I actually don't hate that moment at all

I loved how confident Matt was in that situation. When that offense was clicking I didn't think anybody could stop us. Matt was simply conveying the same feelings we all felt once we won that toss. It's too bad it backfired on him but I'll back him 100 times out of 100 if he wanted to say it again.

Not a lot of people realize this but Matt had one of the best QB ratings in clutch situations (under 2 mins). The guy was usually money. This was one of the few instances where he failed.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know...I actually don't hate that moment at all

I loved how confident Matt was in that situation. When that offense was clicking I didn't think anybody could stop us. Matt was simply conveying the same feelings we all felt once we won that toss. It's too bad it backfired on him but I'll back him 100 times out of 100 if he wanted to say it again.

Not a lot of people realize this but Matt had one of the best QB ratings in clutch situations (under 2 mins). The guy was usually money. This was one of the few instances where he failed.

Oh, I agree. I love the confidence too, but to have had it backfire so completely, that's what's so memorable and what stings so much.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also remember the Playoff game in Green Bay in 2008. I was flying to Italy with a class in college. Our professor was a big Packers fan and the game was just getting started as we were boarding so of course we were all keeping him updated when we quickly jumped out to a 14-0 score. We all felt great about the game as we had to turn our phones off. When we landed in Atlanta for the layover 6 hours later the score check definitely changed the mood. That 12+ hour flight over the Atlantic was so much longer than it needed to be.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 2008 Packers playoff game was a real kick in the nads.

All 3 Rams games from the 2004 season.

Absolutely the Testaverde Touchdown game.

1997 (I think), I remember being so excited for the season to start and epxecting big things from the Seahawks, and it started with something like a 41-3 loss to the Jets in Parcells' first year with them (I think the Jets had been 1-15 the year before).

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2010 Seahawks at Rams game.

Seattle hadn't lost to the Rams in 10 games...so I decided to fly out to St. Louis to visit a buddy the weekend of this game. We got tickets, and went, and I think the Hawks put up a total of 3 friggin points. It dropped me to 0-5 lifetime watching the Hawks live in stadium. I've seen them lose in the Meadowlands (2001, Giants), Gilette Stadium (2004), Fed Ex Field (2005, when Josh Brown hit the upright as time expired...they immediately went on an 11-game winning streak afterwards), Qwest (2008 Matt Cassel-Seneca Wallace spectacular), and the Edward Jones Dome.

This is a non-zero part of why I didn't seriously consider driving down to New Jersey for XLVIII

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Harris pick 6 for sure

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 87 when I was in the Army, I was totally stoked that the Seahawks drafted Bozworth. I was bragging for month to my buddies about how great the defense was going to be. Then came the MNF game against the Raiders and Bo Jackson. :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 87 when I was in the Army, I was totally stoked that the Seahawks drafted Bozworth. I was bragging for month to my buddies about how great the defense was going to be. Then came the MNF game against the Raiders and Bo Jackson. :L

For worse ever memories, this was a great choice.:thumb:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For worse ever memories, this was a great choice.:thumb:

I can LOL it after all these years. My buddies didn't let me live this down for quite a while and I got to hear it since I worked with them, shared meals in the mess hall, marched to and from the motor pool in a formation. Not like today's times when you can say stuff on the forums then hide when things go bad..... <Cough!> like we've seen people do on the NFL forum.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since my memory can only go back as far as 1998. The SB loss against the Steelers. Fuck that shit and the refs.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 2008 Packers playoff game was a real kick in the nads.

All 3 Rams games from the 2004 season.

Absolutely the Testaverde Touchdown game.

1997 (I think), I remember being so excited for the season to start and epxecting big things from the Seahawks, and it started with something like a 41-3 loss to the Jets in Parcells' first year with them (I think the Jets had been 1-15 the year before).

Oh boy, that playoff game was awful. Couldn't tie from inside the 10 with no time left. That, plus it extended that playoff win drought from 1984.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst memory would be the feeling after the loss of SBXL and the days that followed. E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y.
was depressed as shit around the PNW, cept Stooler fans of course >_>

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2006 loss to the Chicago Bears in the playoffs

Coming off the Superbowl loss we were determined to make it back and win it in Miami this time around. The regular season was a rocky roller coaster with the injuries and the loss of Hutch, but we made it to the playoffs. Survived the Cowboys with the Romo botch snap and had every opportunity to beat the 13-3 Bears and just couldn't.

We led 24-21 until the Bears tied it up with 4 mins left in the 4th. Then we drove and got to the Bears 44 yard line. 3rd and 1 Shaun gets stuffed. Then 4th and 1 Shaun gets stuffed again. 8 more yards and we would have been in Josh Brown range for a game winning FG.

But the defense got the stop and we had one last chance with about 1:38 left. We drive into Bears territory again (45 yard line) and then Matt gets sacked. End of regulation.

In OT we win the toss and drive to midfield again. 3rd and 2...Matt misses Jeramy Stevens. Bears get the ball and win it after a 30 yard pass gets them into FG position

If we had won we would have faced a 10-6 Saints them that we could have easily beaten. Then it would have been Peyton's 06 Colts when Peyton wasn't exactly playing his best in the playoffs.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2004 playoff loss to the Rams

I was at this game. First ever playoff game. Thought we had it on that 4th and 4 on the Rams 5 to tie it, but Engram couldn't hold on to it.

We should have been way better than 9-7 that year though. I remember starting 3-0 and then losing a bunch of close games and barely squeaking into the playoffs. Matt had some really bad games with multiple interceptions that lost games for us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, some of these really hurt to recall.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC Championship game between the Hawks and Raiders... Hawks had swept them during the season and then got steam rolled by the Raiders in the CSHIP Game...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh the pain of that -7 total yard game in 79 against the Rams. That's a record i think will stand forever and that also makes it more painful.

The one that pains me the Most though was Losing to the Jets when even a 90 year old blind man could tell that Vinny did NOT cross the goal line, Heck the crown of his helmet barely crossed. Then there is the 1999 season. The Hawks were 8-2 then went on to go 1-5 the rest of the way. They made the playoffs but what could have been a all time great season for the Hawks just went to shit when Galloway returned.