• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worried about the rushing

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back and checked Bama has only allowed 10 teams to rush for 100 yards against them over the last three years....even in the Oklahoma game they only allowed 65 yards to the sooners. I think we will be just fine running the ball and should not gauge the season rushing on this one game.

If Trickett keeps slinging the ball around like he did game one, rushing lanes are going to open against lesser teams and we will start getting some yards. I was just happy to see the pace at which the offense moved and that Trickett had control of it...crazy the difference between last year and this year....I guess having players in the program for more than a couple of months will pay off. :whistle::suds:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass protection was much better than our run blocking. But we will not face any Dline as big and talented as Bama.

Shell will get 1,000+ yards this year.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few factors played a role in WVU's lack of success running the ball in the 2nd half. Obviously, Saban made an adjustment at half. They were committed to stopping the run.

Bama closed any hole pretty quickly. Easy to see how their kids were rated so highly as high school players. Speed, strength and athletic... nice combo.

As Bama took control of the clock and took a 10 pt lead, WVU basically abandoned much effort in the running game. Dana stated he would relook at his play calling to see what adjustments he might make as a result.

I was impressed with how well WVU ran the ball in the first half.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted more from the running game but at the same time I get taking advantage of the match ups and situations ect. That are in front of you at the time. Not terrible for the first time out with this new line, barring injury one has to think that they will only get better as they continue to gel.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the running game..Shell looked great in the first half..you have to take into account the two sacks and the bad snap from center than sailed over Tricketts head into account..that goes against the rushing totals...they had more like 65 yards which isn't alot..but against BAMA, not to bad..should look alot better as they get into league play...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WV looked damn good. You can tell bama has a shit load of 4 and 5 star players. WV couldn't keep up in the 4th qtr. But for the first three quarters....it was a busted play or two away from an upset.

Good game you guys.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WV looked damn good. You can tell bama has a shit load of 4 and 5 star players. WV couldn't keep up in the 4th qtr. But for the first three quarters....it was a busted play or two away from an upset.

Good game you guys.

Great comment to make...I think certainly in the trenches you could see the difference between a 5 star and 3 star recruit in this game....We have a Bruce Irvin talent coming off the edge it may have set a different tone.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to that that Simms moved well in the pocket and was able to get away from the blitzes. Alabama's True Freshman Tackle dominated our right side of the line and by himself may have made the difference in this game. Most every blitzer that made it through was on the Offense right side and Sims saw it coming and was fast enough to get away. I think we would have gotten to the slower Coker 2-3 times during the game if he were QB.