• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 17 Cards vs Niners GDT

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. Our coach benches our QB after he bumps his head because the #2 QB gives us a better chance to win. Akers does not deserve any more rope if we can find a warm body with a leg. What about the rookie we had in camp? Cundiff? Anyone? Bring some folks in. We have two weeks. Mark it down. This will bite us in the playoffs if not corrected. Guarantee we'll need a kick to tie or win a game.

I agree. I hope Harbaugh will put his arrogance aside and make the change..a change that should have been made WEEKS ago. Akers has cost us two games and really cost us any chance in both the Giants and Seahawks game...Im think he missed a fg or two vs. Minnesota as well(??). His ass shouldve been gone after the Giants game though.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice this during the game while watching it online, but, why didn't the Cards get flagged for helmet to helmet on the hit that gave VD a concussion again?

You can clearly hear the crack of the helmets hitting and well there is video evidence that it is helmet to helmet too. I'm watching it on NFL rewind, since I didn't get a good view of the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I see correctly Frank Gore throw his 51st Rush TD Football into the stands???

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice this during the game while watching it online, but, why didn't the Cards get flagged for helmet to helmet on the hit that gave VD a concussion again?

You can clearly hear the crack of the helmets hitting and well there is video evidence that it is helmet to helmet too. I'm watching it on NFL rewind, since I didn't get a good view of the game.

It wasn't helmet to helmet. Clean hit.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I see correctly Frank Gore throw his 51st Rush TD Football into the stands???

Yeah, he did, but I don't know if you saw it correctly. I think you saw it in bad form, you know, jumping up and down. ;) But yeah, he should have kept it, do you know the rules on keeping game balls? I assume the fan has to return them, but can players put dib's on a ball or remove it immediately?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha I asked the same question to my buddy when it happened. Maybe he wanted the fans to have it! Frank is a badass! Such a team guy. I want the Super Bowl not only cuz I'm a fan but cuz frank deserves it.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha I asked the same question to my buddy when it happened. Maybe he wanted the fans to have it! Frank is a badass! Such a team guy. I want the Super Bowl not only cuz I'm a fan but cuz frank deserves it.

Hell yeah, frank deserves it and the recognition that comes with being a good player with a ring.

Underappreciated.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he did, but I don't know if you saw it correctly. I think you saw it in bad form, you know, jumping up and down. ;) But yeah, he should have kept it, do you know the rules on keeping game balls? I assume the fan has to return them, but can players put dib's on a ball or remove it immediately?

It use to be that any ball thrown into the stands or handed to fan is the property of the fan - however balls kicked into the stands had to be returned.

As far as I know there was always a fine for throwing the ball into the stands.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could not agree more!

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always root against the Refs, I just don't know if the Vikings can beat the Refs two weeks in a row.

Refs IN Lambeau IN the playoffs is like fighting Jesus and Superman at the same time; even if you have kryptonite, you are still gonna lose to the Son of God.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It use to be that any ball thrown into the stands or handed to fan is the property of the fan - however balls kicked into the stands had to be returned.

As far as I know there was always a fine for throwing the ball into the stands.

The fine should be the cost of the football and the money from the fine should purchase a football for a kid who can't afford one. They'd basically only have to swallow the price of one football, reward a fan who went, and encourage a youth to pick up football either as a fan or player.

The fine shouldn't be more than that because fining a player when it doesn't do much harm to either the bottom line (since they have to replace the ball anyway and it doesn't cost that much per ball) and promotes fandom (not that anyone would go expecting a ball, but those that get one may have a great experience and want to come back). What do they do with the balls after the game? Do they give the non-game balls away to a charity (and thus this is just a celebration fine), do they use and retire balls that are not game balls...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fine should be the cost of the football and the money from the fine should purchase a football for a kid who can't afford one. They'd basically only have to swallow the price of one football, reward a fan who went, and encourage a youth to pick up football either as a fan or player.

I'd guess the main point is that they don't want players throwing balls into the stands regularly, so they probably have some exaggerated fine to deter that.

You can think of some reasons the NFL might want to deter it, whether its farfetched liability issue like "I got hit with a ball a player threw at me and now I'm suing" (they don't have the pregame warning about balls into the stands like baseball does), or just trying to keep some limit to the number of game balls they have to prepare and use every game, or even that they want to sell/give the actual game balls to charities after the game...not sure but they probably have their reasons.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fine shouldn't be more than that because fining a player when it doesn't do much harm to either the bottom line (since they have to replace the ball anyway and it doesn't cost that much per ball) and promotes fandom (not that anyone would go expecting a ball, but those that get one may have a great experience and want to come back). What do they do with the balls after the game? Do they give the non-game balls away to a charity (and thus this is just a celebration fine), do they use and retire balls that are not game balls...

I'm sure the rules have changed but there are only so many balls available for each game and some are designated for kicking only. I wish the NFL had a place where you could submit these types of questions and get up to date correct answers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the rules have changed but there are only so many balls available for each game and some are designated for kicking only. I wish the NFL had a place where you could submit these types of questions and get up to date correct answers.

So I could stop bugging you with questions. ;) I'd find some other ways to keep bugging you. LOL :tea:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I could stop bugging you with questions. ;) I'd find some other ways to keep bugging you. LOL :tea:

Oh no, I was thinking for myself. I've been in and around this game for so long that I have forgot some of the rules as they use to be. It would be nice to have a place to both look back and be current when it comes to the rules of the game.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For what its worth, Mike Pereira was on KNBR this morning, and he said the main reason the NFL doesn't want balls thrown into the stands is the potential for fights and injuries. Said its not like baseball, where the atmosphere is mellow and tons of balls go into the stands......said the fans always get a bit too crazy for footballs. Noted that the league has no problem with handing the ball to someone in the first row, its only balls chucked up into the deeper rows that draw fines.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No wonder Davis doesn't want to catch any balls from Kaepernick. He set Davis up twice in a row for concussions with weak ass throws where he hesitated and allowed the defender to close on Davis..

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No wonder Davis doesn't want to catch any balls from Kaepernick. He set Davis up twice in a row for concussions with weak ass throws where he hesitated and allowed the defender to close on Davis..

Total fucking bullshit. Again, from the same source. I'm going to start calling you Taurus.