• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 17 Cards vs Niners GDT

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The fact that M.D. Jennings was the guy on Michael Jenkins in the endzone on that TD makes it so much better. Because of the M.D. Jennings play against Seattle on MNF earlier in the year and that whole debacle. I don't know why but I just love that those two plays involved the same guy for the Packers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy was I wrong about David Akers. When he began to have issues midseason, I thought he would bounce back. He's only gotten worse. Who's available out there? Akers can't be trusted on anything that is beyond 30 yards.

I'm not sure you give up on a guy like Akers this easily, although this same shit is what got him run from Philly.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boy was I wrong about David Akers. When he began to have issues midseason, I thought he would bounce back. He's only gotten worse. Who's available out there? Akers can't be trusted on anything that is beyond 30 yards.

In some ways it might be a blessing in disguise because it might force the coaching staff to play more for TDs then settle for FGs like we have had in the past.

OT: Does that Robotech username come from the 80's cartoon? Love that show :D

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They made it seem like it was supposed to be, but the young DB stayed underneath for no good reason.

Plus, everyone ran back off the line of scrimmage before the snap. With a 3 man rush, and everyone was zone.

A 3 man rush with a zone behind it does not equal prevent.

Hayward stayed up when he shouldn't have, but he stayed up because his responsibility was the flat. He should have dropped when no one came to his zone.

It gets really frustrating when fans just assume that a 3 man rush = prevent defense.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. Our coach benches our QB after he bumps his head because the #2 QB gives us a better chance to win. Akers does not deserve any more rope if we can find a warm body with a leg. What about the rookie we had in camp? Cundiff? Anyone? Bring some folks in. We have two weeks. Mark it down. This will bite us in the playoffs if not corrected. Guarantee we'll need a kick to tie or win a game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways it might be a blessing in disguise because it might force the coaching staff to play more for TDs then settle for FGs like we have had in the past.

OT: Does that Robotech username come from the 80's cartoon? Love that show :D

Yeah, Robotech was one of my all-time favorites. Underrated, in my opinion.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, too, about Akers and joking that Akers kinda made up for his missed field goals because he forced the Niners to score a touchdown later on in the game, thus making up for some of the points missed.

NFL teams should go for it more on 4th down anyway. Most of time, I think you are doing the other team a favor by kicking a FG or punting.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, too, about Akers and joking that Akers kinda made up for his missed field goals because he forced the Niners to score a touchdown later on in the game, thus making up for some of the points missed.

NFL teams should go for it more on 4th down anyway. Most of time, I think you are doing the other team a favor by kicking a FG or punting.

Check out the original Macross if you can as it's basically the unedited version of the 1st season of Robotech.

I do agree that NFL teams should be more aggressive on 4th down especially if you're 4 and 2 or under.

Always just seems like a quick slant would get you that conversion more often then naught.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Robo!

I'm an Akers backer, too (mostly due to lack of better options though)

The thing is he is slicing every kick the same. He's drifting left. I gues just have him kick from the right hash mark whenever possible lol

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the GB vs Vikes game trumps the 9ers vs NE game as game of the year so far.

Yeah that was a fun one. I think I cheered as hard as I did for the. Infers as I did for the Vikes in those last few minutes.

I'm lovin' this bye

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Robotech got nothing on Gundam!!!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the original Macross if you can as it's basically the unedited version of the 1st season of Robotech.

I do agree that NFL teams should be more aggressive on 4th down especially if you're 4 and 2 or under.

Always just seems like a quick slant would get you that conversion more often then naught.

GUNDAM!!!!!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so do we cheer for the vikings next week?

I will. Viking did beat us and have that solid run game with Peterson that could grind us down. But no lead is safe with Rodgers at the helm.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. Viking did beat us and have that solid run game with Peterson that could grind us down. But no lead is safe with Rodgers at the helm.

Me too. Give me Ponder over Rodgers any day!