• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was Unexpected Niners Clinch BYE with Pheagles loss to Cards

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fun watching the Phleagles give it away...well the Cards were tenacious. Thanks Cards! :yes::rockon::D

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what we needed. Defense has been looking tired, CMC is banged up and now two weeks off basically.

Play Purdy a half and some defensive guys.

Do not play CMC, Williams, Bosa, and a few others with knocks.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what we needed. Defense has been looking tired, CMC is banged up and now two weeks off basically.

Play Purdy a half and some defensive guys.

Do not play CMC, Williams, Bosa, and a few others with knocks.
This couldn't have come at a better time. It'll let us rest several key players for a couple of weeks.

I agree that the defense has looked tired lately. I knew after that Bmore game that we'd look a little lackluster against the Commies b/c of the short week and the cross country travel.

But honestly, who foresaw Philly losing to Arizona? That blew my mind.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This couldn't have come at a better time. It'll let us rest several key players for a couple of weeks.

I agree that the defense has looked tired lately. I knew after that Bmore game that we'd look a little lackluster against the Commies b/c of the short week and the cross country travel.

But honestly, who foresaw Philly losing to Arizona? That blew my mind.
I keep thinking Philly will bounce back but it doesn't look like it. They are in trouble if they have to go to SF or Dallas in the playoffs.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely didn't see that coming... figured It'd come down to the Rams game. Couldn't have worked out better. Personally, I think they sit as many starters as possible including Purdy. They can't sit everyone, but Williams and Banks for sure on the OLine, I'm guessing? Maybe even Kittle depending on banged up he is after that helicopter hit he took. IMO, we need rest more than anything. If we were a young team without much playoff experience, I'd probably lean towards starting everyone who's healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously the #1 seed is a big advantage, not only the week of rest but then playing the lowest remaining seed. While we almost got in last season without being #1, that was likely the 'exception'? We have the #1 seed and not a lot of season ending or long term injuries, these is no excuse for not going all the way.

Agree with not playing key players much if at all, against the Rams. While I HATE the Rams and want to beat them, prudence needs to prevail. :-)

In the bigger picture also agree to rest as many defensive starters as possible. Defensive players need more rest than offensive players. I know you can't just take everybody out, but play as few reps as possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a 9ers/ravens rematch looks enivitable
Yes because the Ravens are first a good team, and second they have the same #1 seed advantages.

I know we're getting ahead of ourselves but in event of a rematch, just don't turn it over and we'll be in it for sure. We'll need to score over 30 points but our offense was moving against them, and can do it.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 9ers/ravens rematch looks enivitable
Not gonna get ahead of things. Both teams look to be the strongest in their conference, but either team could easily lose before reaching the SB. Lions and Rams will be a tough out for anyone - hell even Dallas could shock folks. And in the AFC, I definitely wouldn't sit on the Browns and potentially the Bills (if the "good" Bills show up).

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams just said that they're gonna sit Stafford.... we should follow their lead
I guess with a WC berth already secured, they don't really care who they play in the first round (Dallas or Detroit), so the question becomes why bother playing/risking Stafford?

I wonder how many of the other Rams starters will get a breather next week?

We should definitely follow their lead.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with a WC berth already secured, they don't really care who they play in the first round (Dallas or Detroit), so the question becomes why bother playing/risking Stafford?

I wonder how many of the other Rams starters will get a breather next week?

We should definitely follow their lead.
That's what I'm thinking... and maybe they don't think the Bears have a shot of beating GB in GB. Honestly, I think the Rams will be a lot to handle for either of those teams. They are clicking on offense.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking... and maybe they don't think the Bears have a shot of beating GB in GB. Honestly, I think the Rams will be a lot to handle for either of those teams. They are clicking on offense.
Yep, I think the Rams are a team no one really wants to play in the playoffs. Hell, I don't want the Niners to play them.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that... Shanahan comes out and says that Purdy will not play this weekend.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams now announcing that they will basically sit all the impact players (except Puca, so far)... Kyren, Kupp, Donalds, half the OLine

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So now the more important question with both teams using back-ups..........Over or Under the total?

haaaa