• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With this cheerleading scandal

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, what did these women think they were selling? They aren’t part of the game and are asked to wear skimpy outfits. Their purpose is entertainment.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, what did these women think they were selling? They aren’t part of the game and are asked to wear skimpy outfits. Their purpose is entertainment.
I don't think they signed up to walk around topless in front of a bunch a ogling eyes. It quite possible only ONE thought it was inappropriate and complained while all the others had a good time. Thing is they should have been told what was up and allowed to opt out if they wanted to.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I have had a day to think on this and here is my thought.

This isnt just a Redskins problem. Its a societal problem. But its not only in the way men think of women, but also in the way women think they should have the power to turn their sexuality into a means of advancement... but only when they feel like it.

You became a Cheer Leader, you likely got the position based on your LOOKS first, and your Ability to do a flip second. Were some lines crossed?? Probably. But lets not pretend that to some point these women were not willing participants.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isnt just a Redskins problem. Its a societal problem. But its not only in the way men think of women, but also in the way women think they should have the power to turn their sexuality into a means of advancement... but only when they feel like it.

You became a Cheer Leader, you likely got the position based on your LOOKS first, and your Ability to do a flip second. Were some lines crossed?? Probably. But lets not pretend that to some point these women were not willing participants.
Agree. If they willingly participated this is a job story.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. If they willingly participated this is a job story.

My obvious question would be.. after they got back did any of these aggrieved women leave the squad?? Or is this just some one who used to be on the squad, gravity caught up with her, and now because of the me too movement, she gets another moment in the sun??

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article that I read, "upon arrival they took our passports and while they didn't force us to participate, it was made clear that it was mandatory."

I said that to my wife, she didn't listen.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not by the looks of your cheerleaders!

Sorry, playfully trollin'

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not by the looks of your cheerleaders!

Sorry, playfully trollin'

Well there arent as many trailer parks in DC as there are in Texas, so the pickings of well endowed women with low moral standards might not be as plentiful. :thumb:

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys also probably saw, but former Redskins employee Gary Fitzgerald came out and said this was true. Gary, some of you may know, was a poster on one of the boards some of us frequented back in the day before ending up here. He was...an Eagles fan in real life. Cool guy.

I'm very familiar with him as a poster - remember him well, and he's definitely a guy I'd trust. He was very honest about his Eagles fanhood, and I don't think he let that affect how he delt with the Skins - from what I could tell, he was completely professional. I think he basically set up the Skins website - which included items on the cheerleaders in its early days, so i assume he worked with them to some extent. Bottom line - he's a believable source - though I had not heard he said anything until Iggloo's post.

If the Skins did what was said - it's bad - perhaps not criminally bad, but it's bad - regardless of whether or not other teams did the same or worse and regardless of public perception.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they signed up to walk around topless in front of a bunch a ogling eyes. It quite possible only ONE thought it was inappropriate and complained while all the others had a good time. Thing is they should have been told what was up and allowed to opt out if they wanted to.

Boobies were made to be seen! #metoo

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn’t sign up for it, I agree. Do job requirements change?

I am sure they feel it is inappropriate now, but this happened in 2012 and 2013. Why now?

They were told what was up and were never forced to do anything. If they were forced to do anything that is sexual assault at a minimum...unless you believe employers should not be allowed to fire their employees.

For the record, I do believe this conduct is inappropriate, but I also believe it should be the employers prerogative. What will result, team’s will no longer have cheerleaders because the entire purpose of cheerleaders is now seen as inappropriate. Well played ladies because the teams will see you are not worth the monetary risk.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don’t do it. It’s a cheerleading job for God’s sake. They get paid nothing and probably never leads to anything else. Have some backbone and say “I’m not doing it. Put me on the nexts plane home.”

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article that I read, "upon arrival they took our passports and while they didn't force us to participate, it was made clear that it was mandatory."
Only a fool would give up their passport when traveling abroad. If my employer asked for my passport, they would most likely have to fire me. Ain’t happening.....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My obvious question would be.. after they got back did any of these aggrieved women leave the squad?? Or is this just some one who used to be on the squad, gravity caught up with her, and now because of the me too movement, she gets another moment in the sun??
Fair question.
In truth, personally I'm tired women bringing up old old claims of wrong doings.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t sign up for it, I agree. Do job requirements change?

I am sure they feel it is inappropriate now, but this happened in 2012 and 2013. Why now?

They were told what was up and were never forced to do anything. If they were forced to do anything that is sexual assault at a minimum...unless you believe employers should not be allowed to fire their employees.

For the record, I do believe this conduct is inappropriate, but I also believe it should be the employers prerogative. What will result, team’s will no longer have cheerleaders because the entire purpose of cheerleaders is now seen as inappropriate. Well played ladies because the teams will see you are not worth the monetary risk.

I might be misunderstanding this, but are you saying Employers can make women dress anyway the employer wants.?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be misunderstanding this, but are you saying Employers can make women dress anyway the employer wants.?

When is the last time you seen a hooters or wing house girl dressed in Hijab??

Employers set dress codes all the time. At any point these women could have said no, and all it might have cost them was their spot on the squad. Now yes, if they were forced to do things they didnt want to, that would be wrong. But if they had the ability to say no, and they decided to go along any way to keep their spot on the squad. Well I put that in the same light as all these women coming out and saying they slept with someone to get a movie part, and NOW they regret it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to stop being victimized? Then stop being a victim. Take control of yourself and how others treat you. Say yes to a naked photo shoot with spectators? Then don’t be surprised when other things are asked of you. Sorry, but my sympathy level is not deep for these adults that allow themselves to be turned into objects for a part time job. And yes, it is a part time job for most. Their pay may not even reach minimum wage.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a thread about hooters :suds:

On behalf of Cali I'm outraged

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a matter of fact, yes.

Go to a bank...wear a suit.

Go to the beach...wear a swimsuit.

Go to a strip club...wear nothing.

See how it works?