• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the corners looked decent because of the pressure created up front (obvious not in the SB). I think Darby is a bit overrated, but he's decent and still cheap. Still, the only CBs signed long-term are Jones and Douglas and who know what we have with those two players yet. If you're talking about planning for long-term, then what is your plan there? Roll with Jones, Douglas, and Mills after next year?

I'm not disagreeing about the safeties, but Jenkins is signed for 3 more years (his cap hit goes up this year and then down the final two). You want to draft his backup this year when he might not get on the field much for more than half of his rookie contract?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have some young talent at corner now: Jalen Mills, Rasul Douglas, Sydney Jones, Ronald Darby. That's damn good CB depth most teams would kill for. None of those guys are likely all pros IMO. But if Jones develops, he has a chance to be a #1 corner, with Darby a solid #2, and the others excellent nickel and dime players. Corner is the least of our problems now, amazingly, after having nothing at this position a year ago.

The safety depth is a bit of an issue, but LB is a much bigger issue IMO.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best available player, I know its something everyone says but its real hard to predict whats there at 32. However, I think TE will be a need as well as the lines are always a need. Not so sure about RB, I hear Pumphrey is up to 190lbs as a third back and returner I think we go there. We still have Smallwood but really right now I am excited about Ajayi and Clement.

If it was me I would be looking hard at TE - Mike Gesicki

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TE is definitely a possibility, because we might lose Celek and Burton, and we like to run multiple TE sets. But I think Gesicki is not a first round caliber talent. He is more of a third round type of guy. TE is a fairly decent position this year for depth and we can probably get a TE with one of our fourth round picks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I love Gesicki, but he won't go before mid to late 2nd or 3rd. He's not a very good blocker, but is a very good receiver. There is good depth at TE n this draft.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have some young talent at corner now: Jalen Mills, Rasul Douglas, Sydney Jones, Ronald Darby. That's damn good CB depth most teams would kill for. None of those guys are likely all pros IMO. But if Jones develops, he has a chance to be a #1 corner, with Darby a solid #2, and the others excellent nickel and dime players. Corner is the least of our problems now, amazingly, after having nothing at this position a year ago.

Agree it's a solid, yet unspectacular group. However, Darby is only signed one more year and who knows what we have in Douglas and Jones. I personally don't think that Darby will be worth what he's going to want to be paid in a year and that will leave the team with a lot of question marks at a very valuable position. Again, I think the pass rush made the CBs looks better than what they were. I know there was no pass rush in the SB, but WRs were wide open even if Brady didn't hold the ball long. Saying Douglas and Jones are depth that most teams would kill for is being very hopeful. What has Jones and Douglas done to make you think they are damn good? Keep in mind I liked both draft picks.

I'd like to re-sign Bradham, but definitely need to address the position if that doesn't happen. I still think Hicks and Kendricks are a good base, but Kendricks may be getting a bit expensive.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB, TE, G are what stands out for me.

Biggest question is whether or not they think Big V can be our LT going forward when JP hangs em up.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I love Gesicki, but he won't go before mid to late 2nd or 3rd. He's not a very good blocker, but is a very good receiver. There is good depth at TE n this draft.

Exactly why he goes late first early second. He reminds me of Ertz coming out of college. Ertz was what the 35th pick? This is not my PSU bias either. Once we get past the combine you are going to see him going up the mock boards.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see an LT at 32, especially if a guy like Mike McGlinchey (who is from Philly) slides. But I doubt he slides that far.

On Darby, and Ajayi, both are only signed through next season even though we traded for them. So adding players at CB and RB is possible. But I think we kind of already did at CB. Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones are very good prospects and Douglas was a pleasant surprise as a rookie. He looked like he belonged out there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gesicki reminds me quite a bit of Ertz in a way. I do love his toughness and size. What a combo we would have. But like you said, he isn't the best blocker.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for us you can find elite Guard and LBer talent later in the first. It’s not like QB, DE and CB that get gobbled up immediately. If we can land and elite guard I’d be ecstatic but the D was dominant the 2nd half of the season. We need some sort of play maker on D and let all pray it’s Sidney Jones.

I really like the RB Love out of Stanford. Perfect skill set for our team and is a different type of RB then Ajayi and Clement.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 1.32.... the best OG out there.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The safety depth is a bit of an issue, but LB is a much bigger issue IMO.

agree 110%!!! We have incredible play and potential at the CB spot right now. The ONLY way I improve the CB position at this point, is if we brought in a proven stud CB in a trade... but I'm not sure the cap situation even makes that an option right now. I have no problems running with what we have at CB. Great youth and upside.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of trading down from 32, just keep the pick and use it on the best available talent. On offense, I'm liking Sony Michel more every time I see him, he is definitely a Kamara-type talent to thrive in the Birds' offense. I see Gesicki has been mentioned a lot here, but I like Hayden Hurst a bit better - more polished blocker at the point of attack, plays very physical. South Carolina's offense lined him up all over the place - in-line, out wide, even out of the backfield as a fullback/h-back at times, like his game and style of play. Gesicki might be a better athlete, but Hurst is a better all-around player. I'm intrigued by Ronald Jones... and another guy to keep an eye on if he tests well at the combine: Rashaad Penny... lit up Senior Bowl week, great skill set to work well in the Eagles' offense. Duce would turn that guy into a stud.

Defense - can't go wrong with D-Line, although I'm really fascinated with the pipe-dream rumor that Ndamukong Suh wants to play in Philly, if he gets released by the Dolphins this summer. I like Rashaan Evans a lot but I don't think he will make it to 32.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of trading down from 32, just keep the pick and use it on the best available talent. On offense, I'm liking Sony Michel more every time I see him, he is definitely a Kamara-type talent to thrive in the Birds' offense. I see Gesicki has been mentioned a lot here, but I like Hayden Hurst a bit better - more polished blocker at the point of attack, plays very physical. South Carolina's offense lined him up all over the place - in-line, out wide, even out of the backfield as a fullback/h-back at times, like his game and style of play. Gesicki might be a better athlete, but Hurst is a better all-around player. I'm intrigued by Ronald Jones... and another guy to keep an eye on if he tests well at the combine: Rashaad Penny... lit up Senior Bowl week, great skill set to work well in the Eagles' offense. Duce would turn that guy into a stud.

Defense - can't go wrong with D-Line, although I'm really fascinated with the pipe-dream rumor that Ndamukong Suh wants to play in Philly, if he gets released by the Dolphins this summer. I like Rashaan Evans a lot but I don't think he will make it to 32.
Agree that "keep the pick" should be Plan A.

I like the thought of that 3-man DT rotation!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper projects us taking WR Christian Kirk in the 1st. He is compared to OBJ. AS long as we solve the LBer position, I'd be ok with Kirk. He is a great KR/PR also.i

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with Kirk is if he can consistently win on the outside - he seems like more of a slot-type and we already have Agholor there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know, but they may move Aggy to outside to replace Torrey Smith. Kirk is a fantastic returner. Interesting.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Kirk / OBJ comparison ... he's an ok prospect, but I don't see OBJ.