• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winning Percentage On Back To Back Games

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it is about 35% for teams playing on the second set of back to back and includes teams that lost both games, those that lost the first night but won the second night and some of them which both were playing the second night of a back to back. It looks like the winning percentage is going to hang in the mid thirties between 34 and 36 percent for wins. That means well over 60% lose on the second night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Lakers you fucked me on on my office pick'ems.

I din't know if you are talkn about the LA but fuck it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat are 2-1 on the 2nd night of b2b and are 5-1 in bwb sets so far. What am I trying to say? The legit teams will do just fine on their b2b sets this season

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat did most of those with out Wade too iirc.

Obviously the Older teams will be affected by this more as well as the less deep teams and the teams who do not plan for it.

@TLF, that is a really small sample size. 1st I would try googling those stats. Then I would try comparing those W-L %s to their actual win % to see if there is a significant difference. You will also need to compare SOS. Honestly, I would google this and hope a Hollinger type has published some work on this.

Obviously in the end the scheduling will all even out (which is something else you want to research iirc) but if your goal is to see the affect B2Bs have on a teams ability to win you need to compare it against their win rate and the win rate of their oponents. Shitty teams are more likely to lose anyways.

I have a theory that a lot of the affect of B2Bs is team dependent just based on age, depth, and coaching/planning.

I will take the Heat for example.

They have some old pieces but their starters aside from Wade is very young. Then you have their bench, pretty deep this year. Add in their coaching/planning. Wade is being held out of the second game and luckily the Heat have been able to rest their starters for most 4th quarter minutes. B2Bs may even be a strength for them except for the Wade thing.

Also, on their non playing days it is not like players are off at home watching cartoons. They are in the gym working out, shooting, running drills, and if you are the Heat trying to get your team to play D consistently. Most players would rather play a game than have practice.