• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winners tonight: Minnesota and Charlotte

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Walker, Monk, Batum, Zeller, and Howard, Charlotte could be a darkhorse contender in the east next season. Even-numbered years tend to fare better for them than odd ones.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contender? No.

5 seed? Sure. But considering what Charlotte has been since it came back to the league, they could use a string of success of multiple years being a mid level playoff team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is only truly a winner if they can resign Butler in 2 years. They will win a lot more games this year, sure, but they gave up 3 valuable assets that would have been with the team long term. If Butler bolts when he hits FA, it is back to the drawing board. I hope he gave them some assurance he will at least consider resigning.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is only truly a winner if they can resign Butler in 2 years. They will win a lot more games this year, sure, but they gave up 3 valuable assets that would have been with the team long term. If Butler bolts when he hits FA, it is back to the drawing board. I hope he gave them some assurance he will at least consider resigning.

They really didn't give up that much. They gave up a rookie PG who can't shoot, a athletic 2 that is coming off season ending injury who has yet to develop into the player people think he can be and they swapped draft picks.
I thought they snookered the Bulls.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a basketball team?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Butler staying in Minnesota long term, so long as Thibs starts winning more games over there. It'd be nice to see Minny doing something after being mediocre for so long.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Minnesota will still suck

But damn, thats as good a starting 5 as any team not named Lebron or the Warriors

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really didn't give up that much. They gave up a rookie PG who can't shoot, a athletic 2 that is coming off season ending injury who has yet to develop into the player people think he can be and they swapped draft picks.
I thought they snookered the Bulls.

I second this motion...................Bulls got itchy feet

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Minnesota will still suck

But damn, thats as good a starting 5 as any team not named Lebron or the Warriors

If Wiggins can step up his a bit more and Rubio can stay on the court and pick up his shooting this team should be pretty good.

Probably a top 4 seed in the West if that happens.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Butler staying in Minnesota long term, so long as Thibs starts winning more games over there. It'd be nice to see Minny doing something after being mediocre for so long.

Yeah, from what I recall, Butler really liked Thibs and wasn't happy when he was fired. I think Thibs being there probably gives Minny the inside track on re-signing him.

The problem is, it's hard to see anyone getting by the Warriors in the next 2-3 years, so Butler could get frustrated if he doesn't feel like Minny is getting close and try his luck somewhere else.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wiggins can step up his a bit more and Rubio can stay on the court and pick up his shooting this team should be pretty good.

Probably a top 4 seed in the West if that happens.

They have the coach, and now a 3rd star, who by all reports, gives his all for that coach

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the coach, and now a 3rd star, who by all reports, gives his all for that coach

I don't consider Wiggins a start. At least not yet. He's a high profile player but he needs to step up his game. Maybe he does that this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider Wiggins a start. At least not yet. He's a high profile player but he needs to step up his game. Maybe he does that this year.

Agreed.....Towns is great though, personality wise as well, everything you would want the face of your org to be

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from what I recall, Butler really liked Thibs and wasn't happy when he was fired. I think Thibs being there probably gives Minny the inside track on re-signing him.

The problem is, it's hard to see anyone getting by the Warriors in the next 2-3 years, so Butler could get frustrated if he doesn't feel like Minny is getting close and try his luck somewhere else.

Yeah, the Warriors are going to cause a lot of teams to shake things up for the next 2-3 years as you've mentioned. Butler's going to be 28 at the start of the year (27 now), so he's still in his prime and should be once the Warriors run is over.

It depends on KAT and Wiggins. If they develop and form good habits, I could see Butler sticking around. They have a potential to have their own super team, so it's hard to see Butler stepping away from that right now in the present. Again though, we've seen talent not mesh well together given other factors.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you on crack??

Dunn fucking sucks. He can't even shoot free throws.

The different between Patton and Markanen isn't all that either. Patton fits perfectly with what the wolves need to add.

Last year Minny offered Rubio, LaVine and Dunn(the pick but the Bulls loved Dunn). Now they keep Rubio and deal LaVine coming off an ACL tear and Dunn when he shows he's simply not any good.

It was Butler for a torn acl volume scorer with no D and a shitty Pg. And Patton/Rubio for Markanen.

This level of robbery is going to have real bank robbers using it as their defense case to walk free.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Bacon was a projected lottery pick by some before the season started. He could develop into a nice 6th Man for CHA.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler resigning would be very nice, but even if he leaves the value of the trade is massive. When Butlers contract comes up Wiggins and Towns will be 24/25, just hitting their primes, and if the put up 3 good years and a decent playoff run then they are far more likely to attract other FA's.

If Butler leaves after this contract Wolves will still be sitting on 2 stars(I assume Wiggins learns defense from Butler and hits the next level) and have room to find that third star still. Wolves are well set up to be a title contender when the Warriors run is done whether Butler stays or goes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler resigning would be very nice, but even if he leaves the value of the trade is massive. When Butlers contract comes up Wiggins and Towns will be 24/25, just hitting their primes, and if the put up 3 good years and a decent playoff run then they are far more likely to attract other FA's.

If Butler leaves after this contract Wolves will still be sitting on 2 stars(I assume Wiggins learns defense from Butler and hits the next level) and have room to find that third star still. Wolves are well set up to be a title contender when the Warriors run is done whether Butler stays or goes.

Not to mention. There is very serious doubt as to if we would have gotten LaVine to stay anyways.

Now the wolves can break an embarrassing playoff drought and still have a great shot to keep Butler.

Jimmy is loyal and loves Thibs. I could see him staying easy.