• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wily Peralta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know what you all think about Peralta. He obviously is not getting the K's that he was in the minors so what is the deal? I am in a dynasty league and I know I can't really drop him. I would like some insight on Peralta and what kind of upside am I am waiting on. Thanks.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you ride it out. I don't think the upside is there for more than a good #5 starter in a 12 team. More likely he's a match-up guy. (But there's value there certainly)
He's a ground ball pitcher more than a K guy in my opinion. A K/9 of 7 isn't what it used to be. It's likely below average at this point. If he gets it to 8+ with his GB% then maybe he becomes more reliable, because a guy with 4bb/9ip isn't going to be terribly exciting otherwise.
I'm assuming you didn't draft him to anchor your staff...he is what he is. Likely not as bad as he's been, but not nearly as good as last year's sample size throughout a full season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I did not draft him he was just an addition through FA pool. I play in a dynasty league so anyone who has any potential to be a good pitcher is owned. It is very difficult to get good SP in our league so you either have to pay too much for them or scoop up what prospects that are left.