• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson "why cant i be the best QB to ever play"

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I borrow your crystal ball because I want to see into the future too. How do you figure after just 2 yrs into his career?

He's supposed to want to be the best. No great athlete has ever been elite without that mindset. Obviously I hope he fails and washes out by the end of next year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's supposed to want to be the best. No great athlete has ever been elite without that mindset. Obviously I hope he fails and washes out by the end of next year.

He's going to be a thorn in your side for many years.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, and honest. I will echo the same sentiment towards the 49'ers as soon as they draft a championship caliber QB. Maybe this year's draft it will happen for you guys.:noidea:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's certainly off to a good start. He's not putting up tons of yardage thanks to the kind of offense he runs (and if that continues, it'll work against him with some people), but in two years he has the record for most wins by a QB in his first two seasons in the Super Bowl era and the record for most home wins in his first two seasons in the Super Bowl era. He is also tied with Manning for 2nd all-time in touchdown passes by a QB in his first two seasons, behind Marino. Not to mention a championship and a pair of Pro Bowl appearances already.

Obviously he still has a ways to go before he enters the GOAT conversation and he'll have to maintain a certain level of play for many years to do it, but the opportunity is there to be in it when his career does end. I have no problem with him asking the question and striving for it. Besides, it beats the alternative.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well he's certainly off to a good start. He's not putting up tons of yardage thanks to the kind of offense he runs (and if that continues, it'll work against him with some people), but in two years he has the record for most wins by a QB in his first two seasons in the Super Bowl era and the record for most home wins in his first two seasons in the Super Bowl era. He is also tied with Manning for 2nd all-time in touchdown passes by a QB in his first two seasons, behind Marino. Not to mention a championship and a pair of Pro Bowl appearances already.

Obviously he still has a ways to go before he enters the GOAT conversation and he'll have to maintain a certain level of play for many years to do it, but the opportunity is there to be in it when his career does end. I have no problem with him asking the question and striving for it. Besides, it beats the alternative.

The issue though is those wins are mostly a product of the defense and Lynch.

That's not a knock on Wilson because he excelled at what he needed to do and that was make timely and critical plays.

But this Seahawks team isn't like previous SB winners like the Saints, Colts, and Packers who rode strong QB play and serviceable defensive play for their titles.

Wilson to be in the conversation of greatest ever at his current pace is going to need either 4 SB rings or 3 SB rings and a larger stat contribution.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may want to be the best and have the desire and work ethic. The biggest roadblock will be the management of the team where he plays. If they don't provide the O-Line, and Receivers to help him acheive his goal, he'll always be an also ran. I think the place to look is Denver. Elway is pulling out all of the stops to make Manning everything he can be, but the one thing that can't be bought is that Super Bowl Ring............

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a knock on Wilson because he excelled at what he needed to do and that was make timely and critical plays.

Being smart with the ball and making timely plays is the really the first thing any great young QB should show. There have been lots of very talented guys come along that never learn those things and they never grow because of it.

But this Seahawks team isn't like previous SB winners like the Saints, Colts, and Packers who rode strong QB play and serviceable defensive play for their titles.

And I think that is a major reason why those teams have struggled to have much post season success since those titles. Great QBs can lead a team to a SB. But complete teams get back (Giants, Steelers).

Wilson to be in the conversation of greatest ever at his current pace is going to need either 4 SB rings or 3 SB rings and a larger stat contribution.

:agree: