• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson has skills

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught this Pro Bowl skills clip tonight. 2 non QBs trying to throw, then Mac Jones... and Russ schools them all with ease. Pretty ridiculous how accurate he is.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was impressive for sure, raised his trade stock! We’re probably keeping him anyway, but that can’t hurt anything ..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman came out and basically said Carroll hasn't won a SB because letting RW cook won't do it.

Thoughts Seattle fans?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman came out and basically said Carroll hasn't won a SB because letting RW cook won't do it.

Thoughts Seattle fans?

Sherman's opinions are as much about Sherman's ego as anything else. Even if he turns out to be right, and Seattle can't win if Wilson "cooks", it still doesn't change the fact that the only reason Sherman has this opinion is because it feeds his need to be more important than Wilson.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts Seattle fans?
Sherman has a huge Ego and I normally don't care what previous players that were waived/traded say about the organization they left... Mostly in this case, because they're bitter towards the team but I do find a little bit of truth to what Sherman is saying... I've felt this way for the past 4 years about RW... I don't believe he's as effective as a drop back quarterback that throws as much as he does - especially downfield more than 10 yards than he was as a game manager style of a QB... He was great, when he would make plays as needed, while limiting sacks/turnovers... Now part of the problem that got us into the "Let Russ Cook" scenario was the fact that we couldn't find a run game when Lynch left for the Raiders until we got Chris Carson... And that hasn't helped much due to his ability to stay on the field...

With that said, I was never a fan of the "Let Russ Cook" fan base... In fact, I loated that title the media gave to him because he tried to live up to the title, which was part of our struggle from becoming an elite team, imo...

1644246910724.png

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts Seattle fans?

Looking at this objectively I couldnt agree more with Sherman. I mean its obvious he doesn't like RW because he felt the success of the team was more due to the defense (which is completely true) than Wilson and he felt the organization gravitated to him and gave him all this money because thats what you do to SB winning QBs. He felt the organization was stingy whenever the defense asked for more money and would let guys walk (Micheal Bennett, Earl Thomas) or release them (Richard Sherman) and that would be the end of the LOB as they watch the seahawks give Wilson the entire organization and be the face of the franchise.

However it is true what Richard said and I have said this about Russ. We could never get back to grace because Wilson either needs a top tier defense or a top tier running game. The Seahawks never could replace Marshawn Lynch and the defense literally got worse every single year. RW is not the kind of QB you want in a shoot out high scoring game against Aaron Rodgers or TB or Mahomes. Really all RW is great at is throwing bombs to DK and Lockett. The offense could never run the ball, Wilson could never just throw 10-20 yard passes down the field for TDs. If its not a 68 yard bomb its more than likely a 3 n out then when teams prepare for those bombs RW gets sacked then after the game its either the OL's fault or the OC needs to be fired and RW never has any help even though he has 2 pro bowl receivers.

I can rant all day about Wilson, I know the organization failed in drafting and even trading away picks for players but I feel RW does not get enough blame especially the nerve to ask to be traded after everything the hawks have done for him. He wants to be the reason why the hawks win, become a rock star celebrity, loved and adored by everyone.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he said:
“The identity of a Pete Carroll and a championship team as it always has been,” he said on The Richard Sherman Podcast. “Run the ball, limit the turnovers, play solid defense. The best defense is a good run game. Run the clock. You spend less time on the field and get stops when you need them. That’s what their formula was.”
“People were like, “Let Russ cook,” Sherman added. “You did not win a Super Bowl letting Russ cook, and you have not been anywhere close to a Super Bowl letting Russ cook. You will not be close to a Super Bowl if you let him throw it 30-40 times a game.”
I see nothing wrong with this, it is factually correct.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1644261577688.png

Ryan Clark said stated this morning... Thoughts?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 288609

Can't say I don't see why people think this way, but I just don't see it as a Russell can't be a pass first QB. The issues we ran into with the whole "let Russell cook" era is that we didn't do anything to adjust the offense into a pass first offense. Schottenheimer did nothing to adjust the scheme or playbook - just called the pass plays more often. I'm not sure there's a QB in the league that could've maintained that offense more than half a season.

My biggest disappointment with Waldron this past season is the continuation of passing schemes that take advantage of a defense looking for the run when the Seahawks did little to set up the run. Even if Russell is audibling into/or not out of these pass plays - the fact that there isn't better options in route concepts even when audibles are involved is telling.

It's interesting to state that a team can't win a Super Bowl with Russell, when there have been only 7 Super Bowl winning QBs over the last 10 years, and Russell is one of them. Russell could throw for 4000 yards, 40 TDs with a QB rating over 105 and it'll still be said he can't be the focus of the offense.

Russell may or may not ever play in a Super Bowl again, but it won't be for Russell having a lack of skill.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Any team"
How many QBs does that apply to though? Its a ridiculously high bar and plenty of QBs are in the HoF without a SB win.
Im hearing radio people saying stafford is in the HoF if he wins the SB after how many years losing in detroit?
Its hyperbole and should be taken with a grain of salt

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 288609

A widely-believed to be incorrect hot take on an ESPN morning sports talk show?

40f.png

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same old opinions without facts run as a major story. Nothing more than Breer spit-balling his opinion that Jody Allen may not be forceful enough in her desire to keep Wilson and Stafford was traded with 2 years left on his contract. Not an update, just another "I think he'll get traded" journalist opinion.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........so another offseason of "Wilson to be traded" speculation bullshit despite all evidence to the contrary.

I'm already bored with it.
True... I just wish he would buck up and put the rumors to bed, unlike last season... If he's going to stay, just come out and say it please... He seemingly likes the attention...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... I just wish he would buck up and put the rumors to bed, unlike last season... If he's going to stay, just come out and say it please... He seemingly likes the attention...

Yeah, but it isn't like he hasn't provided some quotes about wanting to be in Seattle for 20 years and whatnot. It's just that the media seems to ignore anything he says that could kill the story. They're determined to keep this story alive as long as humanly possible.

I don't think anything short of a new extension will quiet the rumors down. And even then - it might not entirely.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the media, out of wilson's own mouth he said he is exploring his options.
I won't be surprised if he demands and receives a trade. This team is going to be bad next year and i think he sees the writing on the wall.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts Seattle fans?
I loved Sherman while he was here, but someone should remind him that Russ gave the Hawks a 10 point lead with only a quarter to go and it was our beloved Legion of Boom defense that couldn't stop the Pats from scoring twice to win the game. Everyone remembers the Butler INT but if our defense played better in the 4th quarter that play isn't necessary. Russ scored enough to win a second ring but the defense let him down late in that game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Sherman while he was here, but someone should remind him that Russ gave the Hawks a 10 point lead with only a quarter to go and it was our beloved Legion of Boom defense that couldn't stop the Pats from scoring twice to win the game. Everyone remembers the Butler INT but if our defense played better in the 4th quarter that play isn't necessary. Russ scored enough to win a second ring but the defense let him down late in that game.
Think about the 2012 playoff game versus the Falcons. Where the Seahawks fought back after been down 27 to 7 in the fourth quarter to take the lead 28–27 with 31 seconds left only to have the defense allow the Falcons chunk plays to allow them to kick a field goal for the win. Dang that was painful and Wilson was so clutch in that comeback. There is no doubt in my mind that Sherman suffered the green eye affliction in regards to Wilson.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the media, out of wilson's own mouth he said he is exploring his options.
I won't be surprised if he demands and receives a trade. This team is going to be bad next year and i think he sees the writing on the wall.
I blame the media for ridiculous speculation that isn't based in reality.

Trading Wilson would leave the team with a 71 year old coach who isn't going to be involved in a rebuild, persumably a rookie QB, and completely destroy their cap with a $26 million in dead money hit.

Please explain to me how this would work. It makes zero sense. The ONLY way that it is even a remote possibility is if Wilson goes with a full bridge burning hold out, but I just don't see it happening with $37 million he would stand to lose.

So from the team's standpoint it makes no sense. From Russ' standpoint it would be, at best, very financially detrimental.

If PC was gone, then I'd agree, and taking the cap hit in a full rebuild might be acceptable. But it just isn't logical in reality.