• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson has skills

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible Throw football duck Football, Sports, worst, Ever, suck, Association Football, throw, Nfl, ncaa, espn, National Football League discover-worst throw GIF

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......so answer my question then.

The Seahawks trade Wilson. Depending on date of trade you now have between 0 and $12 million left in cap space after your resigns and draft (but any outside FAs signed would have to be subtracted from the remaining total). You have no starting QB on the roster but are not in rebuild mode and 71 year old PC is trying to make a playoff run.
the trade would have to include a QB. Jalen Hurts would actually be a decent fit in our offense, would give us some of what Wilson had in his first few years. not a long term solution though I dont think.
What is your plan? You have no QB and not a lot of cap space. Signing a decent QB (even if they were available in that price range) would leave you unable to address other areas of need. How are you salvaging the season in accordance with the current plans?
its not MY plan, but I dont think there is any salvaging this season no matter what happens.

Besides, you were the one that said our cap situation is already trash, and I pointed out that isn't true, but now you've reversed and claimed I am the one who said it is "dire".
it is trash, but trading wilson wont make it worse as you alleged.
We are not tight against the cap. We have a bunch of cap space. But we also have a lot of roster spots to fill, and our cap space does become dire if we traded RW regardless of the date. It would hamstring the team from filling out a competitive roster. That is what my point is.
sounds like we have $36m which is not much, so we arent going to have a competitive roster anyone thinking we will is living in fantasy land.
.....so who is the QB next year if we trade Wilson and how do we sign them?
like I said, a QB would come back as part of the trade.

the fact is, this team needs to rebuild, its way overdue its just tragic that we threw away a top 10 pick which could have gone a long way in rebuilding the roster. hopefully they dont do it again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trade would have to include a QB. Jalen Hurts would actually be a decent fit in our offense, would give us some of what Wilson had in his first few years. not a long term solution though I dont think.

its not MY plan, but I dont think there is any salvaging this season no matter what happens.

it is trash, but trading wilson wont make it worse as you alleged.

sounds like we have $36m which is not much, so we arent going to have a competitive roster anyone thinking we will is living in fantasy land.

like I said, a QB would come back as part of the trade.

the fact is, this team needs to rebuild, its way overdue its just tragic that we threw away a top 10 pick which could have gone a long way in rebuilding the roster. hopefully they dont do it again.

I see you bring up Jalen Hurts name a lot and you know what? He is borderline good at best and complete trash at worst. I have ZERO doubts that Geno Smith would beat him out.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.........so your idea would be to bring in the likes of Jalen Hurts???

Ok then. That tells us all we need to know.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you bring up Jalen Hurts name a lot and you know what? He is borderline good at best and complete trash at worst. I have ZERO doubts that Geno Smith would beat him out.
I dont remember mentioning him until now.
.........so your idea would be to bring in the likes of Jalen Hurts???

Ok then. That tells us all we need to know.
if wilson wants a trade, he will get it. I guess your plan is an ugly holdout?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if wilson wants a trade, he will get it. I guess your plan is an ugly holdout?
Again, Wilson just made a firm statement on that:

"I’ve been fortunate to be able to play 10 amazing years in Seattle,” Wilson said “My hope and goal is to be back there and keep winning there. That’s the vision, that’s the goal. That’s always been it, never been anything different.”

.......so Wilson doesn't want a trade which according to your own qualifying criteria renders your "point" entirely moot.

My plan isn't "an ugly hold out" because he will not be holding out.

I guess you are just trolling at this point. You sure do want to get rid of RW though!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want anything to do with Jalen Hurts... Gimmick QB that teams will figure out... Get a lead on Hurts and he is toast...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Wilson just made a firm statement on that:

"I’ve been fortunate to be able to play 10 amazing years in Seattle,” Wilson said “My hope and goal is to be back there and keep winning there. That’s the vision, that’s the goal. That’s always been it, never been anything different.”

.......so Wilson doesn't want a trade which according to your own qualifying criteria renders your "point" entirely moot.

My plan isn't "an ugly hold out" because he will not be holding out.
blah blah blah people say shit all the time until they dont.
I guess you are just trolling at this point. You sure do want to get rid of RW though!
the team has two options if they want to get back to being relevant, trade him or get him to take a pay cut. I think its more likely he gets traded.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah people say shit all the time until they dont.
.......so when you posted that he "didn't sound certain", that should be taken seriously. But when it comes directly out of Russ' mouth it isn't valid???

That reminds me of my ex's "logic" via parnoia and feelings.
the team has two options if they want to get back to being relevant, trade him or get him to take a pay cut. I think its more likely he gets traded.
The schedule will allow for a much better record this coming year, and a return to the playoffs. Period.

I understand you are just trolling along at this point. But a big whatever on that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Mike Salk this morning, he played clips from RW interview this week with a SF 49er reporter... RW put the rumors to bed that he wants traded... His entire focus is staying here in Seattle... The reporter asked about he and PC butting heads... RW responded, "That is something you guys manufactured... PC is a phenominal coach and we absolutely do not butt heads (said it while laughing)"... Hopefully the rest of the interview gets written today by MS so we can read into it a bit more...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......so when you posted that he "didn't sound certain", that should be taken seriously. But when it comes directly out of Russ' mouth it isn't valid???

That reminds me of my ex's "logic" via parnoia and feelings.
he is a public figure, he will say what needs to be said. dont put so much faith in people.
The schedule will allow for a much better record this coming year, and a return to the playoffs. Period.

I understand you are just trolling along at this point. But a big whatever on that.
it might look easy on paper but you dont know until the games are played.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a public figure, he will say what needs to be said. dont put so much faith in people.
.......so we should prioritize your feelings and hunchs over what Russ actually says?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

it might look easy on paper but you dont know until the games are played.
It doesn't look "easy" persay, but it is the least daunting in over a decade. The division games remain tough but the other games are generally quite winnable.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......so we should prioritize your feelings and hunchs over what Russ actually says?
are you here to share ideas and debate or have a circle jerk?
It doesn't look "easy" persay, but it is the least daunting in over a decade. The division games remain tough but the other games are generally quite winnable.
It looked that way last year too, and then you lose at home to the bears.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that even a response? You're not even trying anymore.

Enjoy Russ at the helm again in '22-23!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dismissing Russ explicitly saying his plan is stay here and win 3 Super Bowls and perpetuating your own counter-factual belief isn't sharing ideas. You are creating an alternate reality so you can fantasize about how we can become a 4-13 team and get a top 3 draft pick.

And you lose your Hall of Fame QB for effectively a month and a half. You forgot that part.

If Wilson doesn't get hurt, doesn't ANYONE think that this team misses the playoffs?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading a top 5 QB is unwise unless you can guarantee me a Burrow/Herbert/Maholms/Allen type QB from the draft. Reality is that's a rare find so instead on bringing in the next Rick Mirer and be just average, how about continue to build around our franchise QB and get back to that SB hype.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........so in that scenerio who is the Seahawks' QB for 71 year old PC who is trying to make a playoff run? The draft is horrible for QBs this year and Tampa has none to give in return.

More useless speculation written by a lazy Bucs beat reporter looking for something to fill the offseason news hole.
Ain't happening. This trade speculation addresses none of the Seahawks' needs, only the TB needs.

Come back when you have something that fits reality and brings back a starting QB or it isn't worth the time spent to read it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........so in that scenerio who is the Seahawks' QB for 71 year old PC who is trying to make a playoff run? The draft is horrible for QBs this year and Tampa has none to give in return.

More useless speculation written by a lazy Bucs beat reporter looking for something to fill the offseason news hole.
Ain't happening. This trade speculation addresses none of the Seahawks' needs, only the TB needs.

Come back when you have something that fits reality and brings back a starting QB or it isn't worth the time spent to read it.
He wants the blow the whole team up and get a top 5 pick. So moving Russ is a priority for him