• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson has been a little off

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people reading into the preseason at all? It means absolutely nothing and it has no bearing on what will happen when the season starts.

If you wring your hands over what you see or get really excited, you are going to be relieved or severely disappointed when real football starts.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people reading into the preseason at all? It means absolutely nothing and it has no bearing on what will happen when the season starts.

If you wring your hands over what you see or get really excited, you are going to be relieved or severely disappointed when real football starts.

True... About the only thing you can kinda judge things by if you do in the pre-season is maybe the first couple drives.... It's clearly vanilla and most everyone knows that... But teams do put up a little fight the first couple drives... After that pre-season is basically try-outs ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril has not played diddly this preseason so that's why you have not seen him. Same for Bennett. Let these two get fully healthy then start second guessing it. McDaniel is a STARTER and just got his first playing time this past game because of injuries. Heck people we have yet to even See the true #1's on offense or defense, the Hawks are missing KEY players on both sides that we most likely wont see till the regular season. This in a way screams DEEP, the Defense is only giving up 10 points a game.

I am more worried about the Flags than anything else.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is gonna have "off" games just like EVERY other starting QB in the league. I would rather him have more "off" games in the preseason than in the regular so I am glad he got that one out of his system. Also, if Wilson has an "off" game we still have one of the best running games in football and one of the best if not THE best defense so we will be in most if not ALL games regardless. I think preseason is going spectacular minus the penalty issue but I foresee that going away rather quickly once alot of the offenders are cut or moved to practice squads.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... About the only thing you can kinda judge things by if you do in the pre-season is maybe the first couple drives.... It's clearly vanilla and most everyone knows that... But teams do put up a little fight the first couple drives... After that pre-season is basically try-outs ...

It is talent alone that wins preseason games, not game planning or scheming or anything else. So far we are 3-0 and our depth has looked very good. That is about the only think I will take out of this preseason. I expect most every guy we cut to end up on some other teams roster.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is talent alone that wins preseason games, not game planning or scheming or anything else. So far we are 3-0 and our depth has looked very good. That is about the only think I will take out of this preseason. I expect most every guy we cut to end up on some other teams roster.

:laugh3:.... oh wait... you are serious?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.
I bet you know best.
Almost every player, hardly, some players, you bet.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the game thread, but please re-watch the second interception. Doug Baldwin gave up on his route just as he was making the slant. He totally slowed down and had he continued at full speed he would have been right there for the catch or a bang bang breakup. I think he saw that the dime back took inside deep coverage on him and that was his route so he slowed down.

The first pick I do put on Wilson. He needs to have a better throwing lane there, but also sometimes the Defense just makes a good play.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the game thread, but please re-watch the second interception. Doug Baldwin gave up on his route just as he was making the slant. He totally slowed down and had he continued at full speed he would have been right there for the catch or a bang bang breakup. I think he saw that the dime back took inside deep coverage on him and that was his route so he slowed down.

The first pick I do put on Wilson. He needs to have a better throwing lane there, but also sometimes the Defense just makes a good play.

What you say about Baldwin is true, but that was pretty good coverage by GB and most likely not a wise pass by Russell Wilson.

Never the less I doubt any Seahawk poster is worried about Russell getting sloply in regular season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of game they really needed. The last 2 preseason games were kind of easy, so a tough game with sloppy play is good to have now so they can clean it up before regular season. Get it out of their system and move on. I'm sure Russell Wilson was chomping at the bit to get onto the video room and see what he did wrong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of game they really needed. The last 2 preseason games were kind of easy, so a tough game with sloppy play is good to have now so they can clean it up before regular season. Get it out of their system and move on. I'm sure Russell Wilson was chomping at the bit to get onto the video room and see what he did wrong.

Oh you know he was!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry too much about him. I'm sure he has been trying passes he wouldn't do if it wasn't preseason. Some of it is due to the changes they worked with him on in the offseason where they changed the angle of his release and worked on him getting more zip. Will that lead to more missed passes? I'm sure it will, but they feel the upside of him getting more velocity on the ball will more than make up for a few sailing too long. Now is the time for him to force some and see where his limits are.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep he did kinda give up on that play... His cut was half arse and he did slow down ...