• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson has been a little off

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pre-season and I know it's vanilla offenses for the most part, but Wilson has been struggling just a little with high throws and some taken sacks. He looked hella sharp that first drive but then kinda backed off the intensity. It's pre-season so I'm not freaking out over it...Week 1 vs Carolina is when it matters so hopefully we'll get sharper offensively by then... Another concern is our non existent pass rush so far... I know I know it's pre season .. Just something I've noticed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pre-season and I know it's vanilla offenses for the most part, but Wilson has been struggling just a little with high throws and some taken sacks. He looked hella sharp that first drive but then kinda backed off the intensity. It's pre-season so I'm not freaking out over it...Week 1 vs Carolina is when it matters so hopefully we'll get sharper offensively by then... Another concern is our non existent pass rush so far... I know I know it's pre season .. Just something I've noticed.

Yeah I agree. Really solid first drive, first pick was kind of fluky but that second pick was just a bad throw. The sacks seemed like they were a result of bad protection more than anything. O-line definitely has to work to do with penalties and just better execution. Lynch ran into a wall on his first few carries and there were several instances where Green Bay linebackers came through unblocked. Pass rush is obviously an issue but with all the injuries on the D-line I'm not too worried.

I will say that I'm actually pretty concerned about the opening game at Carolina. Can't overlook those guys.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. Really solid first drive, first pick was kind of fluky but that second pick was just a bad throw. The sacks seemed like they were a result of bad protection more than anything. O-line definitely has to work to do with penalties and just better execution. Lynch ran into a wall on his first few carries and there were several instances where Green Bay linebackers came through unblocked. Pass rush is obviously an issue but with all the injuries on the D-line I'm not too worried.

I will say that I'm actually pretty concerned about the opening game at Carolina. Can't overlook those guys.

I remain confident that this team will hand Carolina a loss on week 1. Should we lose that game, I will reassess my confidence.

3PhilNgood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried with Wilson's play. He shouldn't have tried to force those 2 throws, but I don't think he would have in a real game. I was a little bit bummed that Tate didn't come down with that one pass. But I was especially disappointed with the #1 line. Too many penalties and no opening of holes for Beast Mode. I imagine that this will improve when they begin installing more plays - the ZBS calls especially for plays. I also think that establishing Marshawn better will allow them to provide better protection for Wilson.

Can any of our receivers actually separate and get open, or is Wilson going to be forced to either throw into coverage or backs and TEs? Does this bother anyone else, or is this another issue that will be handled once the running game is implemented more fully?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's the preseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He forced some throws, but I'm sure he'll clean that up. Doesn't help that Rice and Miller (and of course Harvin) are not playing in preseason, just like last year I think.
The pass protection still isn't great. Sweezy really needs to work on his pass protection skills. It was a little disappointing game and does make you wonder if we start slow like last year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just my casual observation but I believe the biggest concern you guys should have is with the interior of your line and mainly the guards.

The sacks I wouldn't put on him because that pressure came up the middle and it doesn't matter who the QB is but nothing ever good comes out of pressure coming up the middle.

The first INT was a bit flukey but still on him and the second one was just plain bad. Overall I didn't think it was a great outing for Wilson and even though he was sharp the 1st quarter it wasn't like he was making really challenging throws aside from the deep Tate pass which was a great throw that I thought Tate should've came down with.

I think Wilson will be fine but I think the expectations are starting to grow to unrealistic and unlikely levels. And I don't mean that in a bad way and I don't mean every fan has unrealistic expectations but I think people need to cool their jets a bit on him and realize he's still a young player that's growing. It's great that he's a hard worker but you can't substitute that with actual in game experience.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my casual observation but I believe the biggest concern you guys should have is with the interior of your line and mainly the guards.

The sacks I wouldn't put on him because that pressure came up the middle and it doesn't matter who the QB is but nothing ever good comes out of pressure coming up the middle.

The first INT was a bit flukey but still on him and the second one was just plain bad. Overall I didn't think it was a great outing for Wilson and even though he was sharp the 1st quarter it wasn't like he was making really challenging throws aside from the deep Tate pass which was a great throw that I thought Tate should've came down with.

I think Wilson will be fine but I think the expectations are starting to grow to unrealistic and unlikely levels. And I don't mean that in a bad way and I don't mean every fan has unrealistic expectations but I think people need to cool their jets a bit on him and realize he's still a young player that's growing. It's great that he's a hard worker but you can't substitute that with actual in game experience.

I hear ya... It's a learning experience as you go... I think every qb experiences some bumps in the road as they grow... I think teams in the pre season also try different stuff .. I think last pre-season Russ was fighting with intensity for the job now he's locked that down so he's going through the motions... I'll save real judgment for the regular season ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He forced some throws, but I'm sure he'll clean that up. Doesn't help that Rice and Miller (and of course Harvin) are not playing in preseason, just like last year I think.
The pass protection still isn't great. Sweezy really needs to work on his pass protection skills. It was a little disappointing game and does make you wonder if we start slow like last year.

This is true...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first interception was just a result of a good bat by GB's end. He skied for that one. Still a poor decision of a passing lane. I don't see enough to be concerned just yet.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not one of his better games and it was worse than the 3rd game last preseason when he tore up KC I believe it was? Still, get those bad throws out of your system when it won't hurt the team. You also have seen that they haven't really pushed the rushing with Lynch in any of the games as it appears they are trying to really prevent injury to their star back.

Given that Seattle has one of the top defenses in the league on paper and one of the top 3 rushers in the league there really isn't as much pressure on Wilson to carry this team as most other teams have on their QB's. This means he can have games like that and not necessarily lose the game for them.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel as if the Seahawks went searching for pass rushers this off season in hopes of bolstering that part of their defense with the signing of both Avril and Bennett. I have a serious question for SEA fans as I haven't really seen much of Avril and what I have seen of him I wasn't terribly impressed with. In fact, our RT Anthony Davis DESTROYED him one on one in our one meeting with DET. My question is this....is Avril a legitimate pass rushing threat or is he a product of constant double teams to Suh and the others on that nasty DL they have in DET? I'm curious because the one constant I have noticed when reading SEA fans' discussion of the games played this pre-season was lack of pass rush. I am wondering where the depth is there, why Irvin, Bennett, Avril, etc. haven't gotten to the QB. Is it that you guys blitz a bunch and this pre-season is pretty vanilla in terms of play calling? I don't remember you guys being a blitz heavy team but I'll take your words for it. Just curious, not trying to start shit.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the aggressiveness PC is trying to run with this team, it doesn't surprise me that the offense has been trying to force things too much this preseason. Just like with the obscene amount of penalties. When was the last time you saw a preseason this intense with the Seahawks?

I suspect things will quickly calm down once the final roster is set and the season begins. :hope:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel as if the Seahawks went searching for pass rushers this off season in hopes of bolstering that part of their defense with the signing of both Avril and Bennett. I have a serious question for SEA fans as I haven't really seen much of Avril and what I have seen of him I wasn't terribly impressed with. In fact, our RT Anthony Davis DESTROYED him one on one in our one meeting with DET. My question is this....is Avril a legitimate pass rushing threat or is he a product of constant double teams to Suh and the others on that nasty DL they have in DET? I'm curious because the one constant I have noticed when reading SEA fans' discussion of the games played this pre-season was lack of pass rush. I am wondering where the depth is there, why Irvin, Bennett, Avril, etc. haven't gotten to the QB. Is it that you guys blitz a bunch and this pre-season is pretty vanilla in terms of play calling? I don't remember you guys being a blitz heavy team but I'll take your words for it. Just curious, not trying to start shit.

Last year Seahawks hardly blitz at all, that could change this year ...or not. As for why is there no QB sacks, will that's a IMO type for answer. Avril is still coming back from his injuries and Irvin is playing a new position and hasn't been able to practice much. The pass rush is going to be a work in progress, hopefully the Seahawks reap the benefits in the first half of the season. Time will tell.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Seahawks hardly blitz at all, that could change this year ...or not. As for why is there no QB sacks, will that's a IMO type for answer. Avril is still coming back from his injuries and Irvin is playing a new position and hasn't been able to practice much. The pass rush is going to be a work in progress, hopefully the Seahawks reap the benefits in the first half of the season. Time will tell.

I'll all ears...or eyes...or whatever. Either way, I'm game to read SEA fans' thoughtful critique of their own team with regards to this. I am just curious, because regardless of how good your secondary is, if the QB has forever to throw, they are as good as torched. But I don't remember SEA's pass rush being as poor last season as it seems to be this season. I am taking into account Clemons' injury but Clemons wasn't a one man wrecking crew last year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril was brought in to help bolster the rush, no doubt, but no one will know what impact (if any) he will have until the regular season as the normal line hasn't been together much this preseason due to injuries and likely caution as well as limited play calling.

With Irvin out the first four games because his dumb ass took PED's and the unknown if Clemons will be back for opening day, the rush may not be solid until at least week 5 when Irvin comes back. If Clemons can go week 1 or 2 and the others hold their own we will see.

You seek opinions from the fans and yet there really is no way for any of us to know until we see it. The line and rush are concerns for this team, but so far they have been pretty good at stopping the run and the secondary has been solid at coverage. They had a great season last year with a suspect pass rush and while they do need to get more out of it to reach the SB, they can still kill teams with what they have IMO.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly dont know... Havnt seen him yet. He did put up good sack totals.....give him the legion of boom behind him can only help..... But what i really cant wait for is avril and clemons book ending the line with bennett at dt and irvin at outside linebacker. Now that lineup will scare qbs

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What you take from preseason varies from coach to coach as each one varies in terms of how much they put into it.

While you can't put a whole lot of stock into the preseason there are negatives that can carry over into the regular season. I mean if it was a super awesome outing you wouldn't be thinking that you got all the good things out of your system.

I don't see Wilson being an issue as long as your expectations are in check.

I think the biggest concern for the Seahawks should be their offensive line play. Game planning will help put them in better position to be successful but some of the issues like the pressure up the middle and penalties are things that could be very real issues in the regular season.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing on wilson. This is the first time weve seen him in a preseason game too...."but gowazzu02 we saw him last yr in preseason"....

Yes but he was fighting for the job then, so it is a bit different. Eier way he will be fine

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you take from preseason varies from coach to coach as each one varies in terms of how much they put into it.

While you can't put a whole lot of stock into the preseason there are negatives that can carry over into the regular season. I mean if it was a super awesome outing you wouldn't be thinking that you got all the good things out of your system.

I don't see Wilson being an issue as long as your expectations are in check.

I think the biggest concern for the Seahawks should be their offensive line play. Game planning will help put them in better position to be successful but some of the issues like the pressure up the middle and penalties are things that could be very real issues in the regular season.

Gb brought alot of exotic things this wk. i think gameplanning in the reg season will help some w at.....

Turbin got worked by matthews on that one sack..gotta clean that up ,michael is lurking