• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson going to the Broncos

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes with RW Seahawks keep winning enough to end drafting late or at least not early. Which was why he was moved finally. As for draft failures much of that was due to draft position. The 3 most important positions QB, OT and pass rusher had all the cream drafted ahead of them and anyone special was always gone in other positions, still was disappointing I admit but with better draft position I'm optimistic and why not?
You're right that given where the Seahawks have picked, there hasn't been a ton of premium talent on the board, but you should still be able to find starting caliber talent even with where the Seahawks were picking.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Pete will try for fairly quick turn around and the 2022 and 2023 drafts may do the trick with the right choices. As for the QB situation look back and see they wanted to draft Andy Dalton in the 2011 draft:

Bengals moved up ahead of them so they settled for a bridge QB in Tarvaris Jackson. Dalton would of been a decent stab at QB, the following year they covered themselves in case the same scenario played out by signing Matt Flynn then resisting drafting RW in the second round and waiting until the 3rd which in hindsight was the right time to nab him as he likely won't of made it back to them with their next pick. Interesting fact, Seahawks tried to draft Mahomes:

I am concern they may not be patient and draft a QB early in the draft or even worse ( much, much worse) trade for Watson. I would have those concerns regardless of who the coaching staff and front office were. If they take a QB early I still not convinced they don't use there first next season to draft a franchise QB.

As for the Adam trade, water under the bridge. They obviously misjudged and now they are doing a remake of the roster and have the draft capitol and cap space to do a quick turn around. Worried? Sure. Excited? Absolutely.

I say the bold move of moving RW does show leadership and balls and I'm so looking forward to these up coming seasons.
Fair points. I always appreciate your thoughtful optimism.

I do think one thing we would agree on is that now is not the right time to draft a QB, and I'm concerned that the front office has fallen in love with someone which gave them the confidence to make this move.

I vaguely remember the Dalton rumor, another fun fact that you probably know is that the Seahawks would've drafted Patrick Mahomes if he fell to us and that the Seahawks were also interested in Josh Allen.

Given the fact that the prominent QBs the Seahawks have been connected to were two superstars and one guy who in his prime was an above average starter, that at least gives me some faith they know what they're doing when it comes to scouting QBs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm repeating the cliche that this is a weak QB draft, but it really is. I'd rather them not reach for a guy like Malik Willis in the first round. If you want to roll the dice on a high upside QB, trade for Jalen Hurts. Perhaps I'm undervaluing Hurts, but I think we could land him for a second or third round pick along with along pick later in the draft.

I would be pretty happy with Hurts or Minshew at this point provided we don't give up a ton for either. A couple of day 3 picks would be fine.

Apparently Deshaun Watson has ruled out Seattle, so I think the best course of action is rolling with our current roster with Drew Lock at QB, using our draft capital this year to address other holes on the roster such as the offensive and defensive lines.

I think it is interesting that Watson said not to Seattle, if true.

This might be a hot take since we have a ton of money committed to Jamal Adams and Diggs, but if Kyle Hamilton falls to us at 9 I would take him. The Seahawks plan on running more two deep looks, this would allow Hamilton and Diggs to cover that portion of the field with Adams playing in the box where he's at his best and limited in his coverage responsibilities. It would be unconventional, but I really do think Kyle Hamilton is the best safety prospect in years. He has Earl Thomas' range and instincts with nearly Kam Chancellor's size.

We can't possibly draft another safety. We have a ton already.

If not Hamilton, there are a number of guys with top-5 talent who could fall to us at 9 and I think it would be a mistake to reach for a QB there or trade down when we could land a blue chip guy.

If they reach for Willis at 9 then we'll know that they had no real plan.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to god they don't draft a QB this draft. I would trade that first for a 2nd and a first in 2023 giving the Hawks 3 firsts in 2023 allowing them to pretty much do what ever they wanted in the first round next year. Including moving up to #1.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to god they don't draft a QB this draft. I would trade that first for a 2nd and a first in 2023 giving the Hawks 3 firsts in 2023 allowing them to pretty much do what ever they wanted in the first round next year. Including moving up to #1.

If they traded their #9 this year for picks next year, they should just fire Carroll and Schneider immediately. You can't just give up on a season that blatantly in the NFL. It's unfair to the 53 players on the current team and creates bad blood.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I like that idea or hate it. It's a #9 which is the highest the Seahawks have drafted for a long time, trading it for a 1st next year is only attractive if your trading to a team that stinks. If your only getting say pick 25 next season then it would be a mistake, it your getting pick 20 it would be a mistake, pick 15 would be a mistake. Think I'd rather see them draft a OT or pass rusher with that #9 then trade it. Now if they use it to draft a rookie QB from this crop of rookie QBs I'm going to be discouraged.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I like that idea or hate it. It's a #9 which is the highest the Seahawks have drafted for a long time, trading it for a 1st next year is only attractive if your trading to a team that stinks. If your only getting say pick 25 next season then it would be a mistake, it your getting pick 20 it would be a mistake, pick 15 would be a mistake. Think I'd rather see them draft a OT or pass rusher with that #9 then trade it. Now if they use it to draft a rookie QB from this crop of rookie QBs I'm going to be discouraged.
If we trade the 9 for more draft picks this year then maybe it would be ok.

Trading down to get future picks is implicitly giving up on this season

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade the 9 for more draft picks this year then maybe it would be ok.

Trading down to get future picks is implicitly giving up on this season
Seahawks have two teams that were in the NFC championship last season and the third team in the division was also in the playoffs. 2022 is about restocking the roster not some pretend idea they can contend in 2022.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have two teams that were in the NFC championship last season and the third team in the division was also in the playoffs. 2022 is about restocking the roster not some pretend idea they can contend in 2022.

Do you really believe that Pete would be willing to tank?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe that Pete would be willing to tank?
He won’t tank. Not in his make up. Still any talk of competing in 2022 is not realistic. What is realistic is to lay the ground work to actually compete soon maybe 2023 but likely 2024.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that we are in rebuild mode this season I don't see us competing in any way, shape or form this season. Draft OT and CB with our 2 1st round picks and see what Drew Lock brings to the table. If he puts up good numbers this season then I say let's roll with him next season. If he plays poorly then we know we need to draft a QB next year. It's been said multiple times in various threads on here: the QB's coming out next year are by far more talented than this year's crop coming out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pretty happy with Hurts or Minshew at this point provided we don't give up a ton for either. A couple of day 3 picks would be fine.

I think it is interesting that Watson said not to Seattle, if true.

We can't possibly draft another safety. We have a ton already.

If they reach for Willis at 9 then we'll know that they had no real plan.
I don't want anything to do with Hurts and Minshew who I do like and wouldn't mind giving him a chance.

My belief on Watson saying no is possibly cause he's figuring Pete might be going back to the ground and pound offense. Plus I'm glad he said no since we need these draft picks to get young talent in here.

Maybe late in the draft they snag a safety but I think d-line early

Taking Willis is a mistake. Take Lock and start him and tank for the year for a chance at better QB prospects in the 2023 class.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want anything to do with Hurts and Minshew who I do like and wouldn't mind giving him a chance.

My belief on Watson saying no is possibly cause he's figuring Pete might be going back to the ground and pound offense. Plus I'm glad he said no since we need these draft picks to get young talent in here.

Maybe late in the draft they snag a safety but I think d-line early

Taking Willis is a mistake. Take Lock and start him and tank for the year for a chance at better QB prospects in the 2023 class.
Why would taking Willis be a mistake? You don't think he's gonna be good at the next level?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would taking Willis be a mistake? You don't think he's gonna be good at the next level?
This is one of the weaker classes but there's always a chance someone comes out of nowhere. Suck for a year and have a chance for CJ Stroud or Bryce Young next years draft.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that we are in rebuild mode this season I don't see us competing in any way, shape or form this season. Draft OT and CB with our 2 1st round picks and see what Drew Lock brings to the table. If he puts up good numbers this season then I say let's roll with him next season. If he plays poorly then we know we need to draft a QB next year. It's been said multiple times in various threads on here: the QB's coming out next year are by far more talented than this year's crop coming out.
..........you mean like last year when they desperately needed a CB or, to a slightly lesser extent, OL, and the team literally wasted the pick on a WR? Then we picked through the league's scrap heap to try to band aid the CB position.

Nothing against Eskridge but WR was the one non-special teams position we actually were set, yet they ignored the lack of talent everywhere else.

The PC/JS drafts have always been baffling but their inability to adjust to the current situation was ridiculous. They proceeded just as they did when the team was at peak powers, which was just plain dumb.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..........you mean like last year when they desperately needed a CB or, to a slightly lesser extent, OL, and the team literally wasted the pick on a WR? Then we picked through the league's scrap heap to try to band aid the CB position.

Nothing against Eskridge but WR was the one non-special teams position we actually were set, yet they ignored the lack of talent everywhere else.

The PC/JS drafts have always been baffling but their inability to adjust to the current situation was ridiculous. They proceeded just as they did when the team was at peak powers, which was just plain dumb.
The Eskridge pick was a little baffling. Pete being a defense sort of coach I would of figured a defensive player with that pick. Maybe it was a attempt to appease RW by giving him another weapon? IDK. Although they had 2 top notch WRs a third WR that can get open certainly helps against defenses that double cover the first two WRs. Maybe they had Eskridge as BPA.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eskridge pick was a little baffling. Pete being a defense sort of coach I would of figured a defensive player with that pick. Maybe it was a attempt to appease RW by giving him another weapon? IDK. Although they had 2 top notch WRs a third WR that can get open certainly helps against defenses that double cover the first two WRs. Maybe they had Eskridge as BPA.
Surprised me a bit as well but then I understood with Shane coming to town... What baffled me though was how little we utilized him when he came back from his injury... Maybe he wasn't learning the playbook or coming along fast enough or RW didn't trust him quite yet - who knows...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for all of you... Will you be rooting for RW to flourish or will you be rooting for him to fail? Not a trick question here...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for all of you... Will you be rooting for RW to flourish or will you be rooting for him to fail? Not a trick question here...

I will be doing neither. He's gone. And he's in the other conference.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for the pick from Denver in 2023 to be as early as possible.