• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will you Packers fans calm down... Sheesh

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that game versus Cincinnati, and you pretty much outplayed them the entire game. You gift wrapped them two scores, if you don't, you win that game without much fuss.

Your offense looks great (and holy hell, did you guys actually find a run game?), and you'll be there at the end of the season like always.

You were in this position last year too, and you all panicked. You're fine. Coming out of the bye week, I get the feeling that you'll be out for blood. I'm sure glad we don't have to play you that week. I think you guys take having an elite QB for granted. A good portion of you probably weren't even alive the last time the Packers had a question mark at the QB position. I don't think you realize how many games Rodgers and that offense alone will win you. Despite any injuries or problems on special teams or defense.

It might not get you to the super bowl by itself (AKA last season), but it will definitely get you pretty far.

The rest of the division isn't looking any better than you. The Lions are what they always are. Mediocre with a bad offense. The only difference this season is that they've found a run game. They'll win 7-8 game, or 9 if their lucky. They're no real threat.

The Bears are 3-0, but have looked quite shaky in the second half of each of the last two games. Peppers is finally starting to show signs of aging, and losing Melton for the year to a torn ACL doesn't help what is already a pitiful pass rush. A problem I'd never thought we'd have coming into the season.

Big Ben went for 400 plus on this defense. I shutter to think what Brees and Rodgers are going to do to us in the weeks to come. Hell, Detroit could definitely pull out a win at home versus us Sunday. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Any team that can throw, we'll have problems with.

As a Bears fan, I hope things don't get better for you... hehehe... but they will.

:suds:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried at all about the Packers... only thing that would change that is if injuries continue. OL pass protection still a work in progress.. but two young tackles on the outside so that is to be expected.

Packers looked dominant on defense until Clay went out hurt except for the first Bengals drive. Packers also found a running game and new RB threat with Franklin. Lacy and Franklin could bring a lot of headaches for future defenses to think about. In my opinion if Packers stay healthy, things will come together nicely for Packers to make post season.

Said it before... I think Packers start out 3-3 and then get on a roll to finish 11-5. Last game of year vs Bears could be for division.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not worried, yet I am. It's a tough league and a long season. The packers have shown they can be as good as anyone. There are also times they've shown that things can go less than planned.

With Clay the defense is very good, good enough to stand up to any offense I think. Problem is, Clay plays with such recklessness (and I wouldn't change it) and he does get hurt. He's missed time every season and is out again already in this one. Does this linger all year? or does it clear up in the bye week?

Injuries seem to have been a problem for the past 4 years, and this year I haven't seen anything that says this is changing. We still haven't seen our starting safety play a game, a starting DB and when they do, are they going to stay out there? or head right back to the training room?

We've seen that lacy has what it takes to be an nfl RB, but he hasn't risen to a high level and stayed there, how will this concussion now affect him? Finley? same thing, there's no consistency. He seems like he's going to take off, then bam, out. I'd say that for the whole team. They can't maintain a certain level for a complete game so far, how is the season going to play out?

From Rodgers to Rookie RB's they've all looked unstoppable at times and then have dramatic drop offs. When this team is on, it's on, but it seems like they can be derailed rather easily at times too. If they learn to sustain and maintain a level they "should" be able to play at, I think they have a great chance at going far in the post season, possible superbowl.

If they don't? this could be a very frustrating year with a lot of woulda coulda shoulda's being thrown around.

I think they have enough guys and the coaches that will get them focused and on task, but I'm also a show me guy too. I see the potential, you'd have to blind not to, but you don't win games on potential.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of the comments in this thread. I am optimistic that the injury situation will improve but the NFL is a game by game league when it comes to injuries.

Things that would be huge setbacks for this team are..
1. Matthews injury lingers ( hamstring injuries usually just don`t go away)
2. Finley misses several games either with concussion, toe, or something else.
3. Any injury on the O-line to either Lang or Sitton and we`ve got problems.
4. Right the season off if Rodgers ever goes down for several games or more.

I realize the above are doom and gloom scenarios, but on any given Sunday any could occur and the consequences devastating.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Any injury on the O-line to either Lang or Sitton and we`ve got problems.

Why does everyone think so highly of Lang. I have never been a fan of his and I think RG and C are our weakest links on the o line. Both need to be replaced. EDS and Lang are ok in run blocking but I see them both get blown up way too often in pass blocking. Way too much pressure comes from the middle of the line

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think so highly of Lang. I have never been a fan of his and I think RG and C are our weakest links on the o line. Both need to be replaced. EDS and Lang are ok in run blocking but I see them both get blown up way too often in pass blocking. Way too much pressure comes from the middle of the line

Lang has been better than sitton this year. Hes actually probably been the best player on the line so far

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lang has been better than sitton this year. Hes actually probably been the best player on the line so far

That's not saying much, just because the whole line has sucked doesn't mean he's better than he actually is.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not saying much, just because the whole line has sucked doesn't mean he's better than he actually is.

Just because you say he gets blown up all the time doesn't mean it's true. He sucked week 1 and I guess that's just sticking in peoples heads because he has dominated the last two weeks, he just completely shut down one of the best DT in the league (Geno Atkins) in pass and run game. I don't really recall anyone getting through the interior in pass or run blocking consistently the last 2 weeks much besides EDS getting blown up now and then.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what im saying. We got Aaron Rodgers. Nuff said.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers let a lot of depth go this year as well as 2 starters, one being Greg Jennings, due to needing to lock up Clay and Aaron to long term to contracts that won't cripple the future. I don't think it's realistic to view them as a Super Bowl favorite this year, but I'd be surprised if they aren't still somewhat in the mix at the end even in a mini-rebuilding year.

People just need to be reasonable. They played well in two losses to playoff teams on the road. Sucks being 1-2 but the sky isn't anywhere near falling yet.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers let a lot of depth go this year as well as 2 starters, one being Greg Jennings, due to needing to lock up Clay and Aaron to long term to contracts that won't cripple the future. I don't think it's realistic to view them as a Super Bowl favorite this year, but I'd be surprised if they aren't still somewhat in the mix at the end even in a mini-rebuilding year.

People just need to be reasonable. They played well in two losses to playoff teams on the road. Sucks being 1-2 but the sky isn't anywhere near falling yet.

The sky's definitely not falling. But our chronic injury problem, combined with boneheaded mistakes and turnovers, combined with some boneheaded coaching, have definitely limited this team to this point. If anything positive can come from the backside of this bye week, I hope it's improvements in these areas. Then yeah, we have the ability to go far. If nothing changes and its business as usual, it's going to be a long, painful season.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys win 11 games this year. Everything is fine.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you say he gets blown up all the time doesn't mean it's true. He sucked week 1 and I guess that's just sticking in peoples heads because he has dominated the last two weeks, he just completely shut down one of the best DT in the league (Geno Atkins) in pass and run game. I don't really recall anyone getting through the interior in pass or run blocking consistently the last 2 weeks much besides EDS getting blown up now and then.

I saw Sitton blocking Atkins more than Lang and Sitton held up quite well against him.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have had a total of 2 losing seasons since 1992. Honestly, complaining about the team just seems a little like a baby throwing a temper tantrum.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't people just accept the fact that Cincinnati is better now? Why is that so hard to swallow?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I didn't mean to say Detroit had a "bad" offense. I meant to say "mediocre with a good offense".