• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Teams Start to Throw at Bautista?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real or not? Jose Bautista's latest bat flip shows he's still MLB's most hated player

You might want to turn on Thursday night's game between the Toronto Blue Jays and Atlanta Braves because there's a good chance of extracurricular activity after a string of emotional events on Wednesday that once again showed why Jose Bautista is the most disliked player in the game and the Blue Jays the most hated team.

Trailing 8-3 in the eighth inning, Bautista homered off Braves pitcher Eric O'Flaherty, flipped his bat, stared down the reliever and then had words with catcher Kurt Suzuki as he crossed home plate. That caused the benches to clear, although no punches were thrown.

Blue jays have hit 7 or 8 Braves players in 3 games including Loup hitting Braves best player in hand and likely be out significant time. Would expect payback tonight. Hopefully a fastball right at Bautista

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him hitting a home run in that situation did nothing to the game.. He gets paid to hit home runs.. He hit one.. Act like you've done it before

Maybe it's my fault and I wasn't clear about the point I was making.

I'm not telling anyone not to feel upset about some guy throwing his bat a little too far. Feel however you like about whatever actions you like.
But are you really trying to justify having words with and seemingly start a physical altercation with a guy because he threw a bat a distance deemed to be too far and harmed no one in the process? And now we're talking about throwing objects 95+ mph (in what would be a totally separate incident from this one) at that guy too? Who exactly are we trying to "protect" here?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real or not? Jose Bautista's latest bat flip shows he's still MLB's most hated player

You might want to turn on Thursday night's game between the Toronto Blue Jays and Atlanta Braves because there's a good chance of extracurricular activity after a string of emotional events on Wednesday that once again showed why Jose Bautista is the most disliked player in the game and the Blue Jays the most hated team.

Trailing 8-3 in the eighth inning, Bautista homered off Braves pitcher Eric O'Flaherty, flipped his bat, stared down the reliever and then had words with catcher Kurt Suzuki as he crossed home plate. That caused the benches to clear, although no punches were thrown.

Teams have been throwing at Bautista for years. lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's my fault and I wasn't clear about the point I was making.

I'm not telling anyone not to feel upset about some guy throwing his bat a little too far. Feel however you like about whatever actions you like.
But are you really trying to justify having words with and seemingly start a physical altercation with a guy because he threw a bat a distance deemed to be too far and harmed no one in the process? And now we're talking about throwing objects 95+ mph (in what would be a totally separate incident from this one) at that guy too? Who exactly are we trying to "protect" here?

It's part of the game. You piss off a team and they usually retaliate.. That's all I am saying.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's part of the game. You piss off a team and they usually retaliate.. That's all I am saying.

So maybe the Braves did some other "unwritten" thing that pissed off Bautista and that was why he did what he did.

But maybe they did what they did because someone else did something else unwritten that didn't actually have any impact on them but pissed them off in some unwritten way.

Maybe this would all go a lot smoother and easier if we acknowledge that this rabbit hole is as stupid as it is :wink:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe the Braves did some other "unwritten" thing that pissed off Bautista and that was why he did what he did.

But maybe they did what they did because someone else did something else unwritten that didn't actually have any impact on them but pissed them off in some unwritten way.

Maybe this would all go a lot smoother and easier if we acknowledge that this rabbit hole is as stupid as it is :wink:

He flips his bat after every home run. Are you telling me there is something "unwritten" every time by another team?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Baseball is boring. We need more emotion, more characters in the game"

"but not that guy, he is a dick"

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be bat flipping against the Rangers again any time soon after Roogy warmed up that jaw for him LOL

As much as I dislike Bautista, after seeing that exchange, if those two were going to fight again, I'd put my money on Joey Bats, for sure.

Odor got a sucker cholo shot in and it hit Bautista right on the button and it didn't drop him. If they both knew they were boxing, I think Odor would get his ass kicked.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Baseball is boring. We need more emotion, more characters in the game"

"but not that guy, he is a dick"

For realz. It's gay as hell. NFLers get all excited about touchdowns and sacks when their team is losing - why is this different.

Also, I don't see why pitchers can fist pump and jerk themselves off after a K, but some how a bat flip is a terrible, terrible thing.

Personally, I wouldn't have flipped my bat if I were Joey, but if the flip bothers you that badly, my question is what is your favorite thing to stick in your pussy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For realz. It's gay as hell. NFLers get all excited about touchdowns and sacks when their team is losing - why is this different.

Also, I don't see why pitchers can fist pump and jerk themselves off after a K, but some how a bat flip is a terrible, terrible thing.

Personally, I wouldn't have flipped my bat if I were Joey, but if the flip bothers you that badly, my question is what is your favorite thing to stick in your pussy.

both are stupid. I can certainly see a fist pump if a pitcher gets out of a bases loaded no out situation or win a world series (things like that) and the same for a bat flip.. other times, eh.... Just ask like you've done it before

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both are stupid. I can certainly see a fist pump if a pitcher gets out of a bases loaded no out situation or win a world series (things like that) and the same for a bat flip.. other times, eh.... Just ask like you've done it before

I'm not saying that I like it, or that I want to see more of it, I just think getting bent out of shape about it is for women and mental patients.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that I like it, or that I want to see more of it, I just think getting bent out of shape about it is for women and mental patients.

Fair enough... I'm just in the mindset of players Like him who hit a ton of home runs and gets the money to do it shouldn't really act like it's the first time they've ever done it. UNLESS it's to win a game or something..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike Bautista, after seeing that exchange, if those two were going to fight again, I'd put my money on Joey Bats, for sure.

Odor got a sucker cholo shot in and it hit Bautista right on the button and it didn't drop him. If they both knew they were boxing, I think Odor would get his ass kicked.
You might want to re-watch that tape. There was nothing about that that was sucked punch. They were coming at each other and Roogy beat him to the punch. Add to the fact, Bautista basically ran after getting clocked, and only acted tough again after there were twenty guys between them. Odor would beat the piss out of him

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and Blue Jays
Red Sox and Orioles

Fights galore!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He flips his bat after every home run. Are you telling me there is something "unwritten" every time by another team?

Yes. That is exactly the point I was making. You really nailed that one.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to re-watch that tape. There was nothing about that that was sucked punch. They were coming at each other and Roogy beat him to the punch. Add to the fact, Bautista basically ran after getting clocked, and only acted tough again after there were twenty guys between them. Odor would beat the piss out of him

Nah, it was a sucker punch and Bautista ate it.

All I know is it's a good thing that little cholo didn't try any of that shit in Cleveland, Kipnis would bust his head like a mellon and send him to swim with the fishes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it was a sucker punch and Bautista ate it.

All I know is it's a good thing that little cholo didn't try any of that shit in Cleveland, Kipnis would bust his head like a mellon and send him to swim with the fishes.
Whatever, Bautista was posing, got his ass kicked, and ran like a bitch. As to Kipnis, Beltre and Gallo would have Roogies back, so that pussy would be no problem