• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Star Teams, Cano/Felix selected

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but this year it seems like more players that deserve it got snubbed. But like you said... it's not the "best players" going. Fan voting is god awful!

Surprised Dozier 2b from the twins didn't make it. Being in their park and all. Figure they would of gotten a bone thrown their way. He's having a great year.

Sucks when you host the game and you only have a relief pitcher on the roster.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Dozier 2b from the twins didn't make it. Being in their park and all. Figure they would of gotten a bone thrown their way. He's having a great year.

Sucks when you host the game and you only have a relief pitcher on the roster.

No one likes the Twins anyway... Hence why fan voting is BS!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Seagar just named to the All-Star team as a replacement for Encarnacion. Really pumped for him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Seagar just named to the All-Star team as a replacement for Encarnacion. Really pumped for him.
Well deserved. Now I want him to hit the game winning HR!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that someone had to go on the DL to make it happen, but it's nice to see him get on the roster. He should have made it without needing someone to get hurt or deciding to sit out.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that someone had to go on the DL to make it happen, but it's nice to see him get on the roster. He should have made it without needing someone to get hurt or deciding to sit out.
Agreed, but sometimes this is the way a guy gets his foot in the door, then in years going forward he becomes the incumbent at his position. Hopefully Seager becomes a mainstay on the All Star team.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really good for seager

glad he's going to get some national recognition

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Seager is in, now we can say half of our infield are all- stars.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an All-Star game fan, but how can you lead you league in saves and get snubbed over a guy who became closer after start of season and has lesser numbers? Don't get it, but I would rather see him take the time off.

Why don't you get it? Doolittle's easily been better than Rodney this year.

Doolittle has a ridiculous 0.69 WHIP (arguably the best stat for evaluating reliever performance), a ridiculous 0.4 BB/9 ratio, and a 13 K/9 ratio, with a .176 BAA and .473 OPS against while throwing close to 25% more innings than Rodney.

So what's the argument for Rodney? He has more saves and a better ERA? Gotta do better than that, especially when we all know ERA's not a particularly useful stat for relievers.

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you really think that, then you are truly stupid.

doolittle deserves to be on the AS team, of course.

but anybody who looks at all of their stats sees that there's just as good an argument for rodney to be on the AS roster as for doolittle.

get off of the m's team board if you're going to troll.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you really think that, then you are truly stupid.

doolittle deserves to be on the AS team, of course.

but anybody who looks at all of their stats sees that there's just as good an argument for rodney to be on the AS roster as for doolittle.

get off of the m's team board if you're going to troll.

So you think the reliever who's worse in:
-WHIP (by a lot)
-BB/9 (by a lot)
-K/9 (by a lot)
-Innings pitched (by almost 25%)
-BAA (by a lot)
-OPSA (by a lot)
-Inherited runners % scored

Isn't the worse pitcher? Riiiiight.

So back to my original point...unless you're going to argue that ERA and saves are the 2 most important stats for relievers, how does Rodney have just as good an argument as Doolittle?

Last edited by a moderator:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more trolling

keep it up

So pointing out blatant homerism is trolling, cezero?

How about posting the numbers on the general board (without listing the pitcher names) and asking the general board who's the better reliever this year?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah...and asking the general board who's the better reliever this year?

feel free. enjoy yourself.

stop trolling this board, please.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel free. enjoy yourself.

stop trolling this board, please.

Once again, that's a mighty liberal definition you have if you consider that arguing homerism is "trolling."

No name calling, no spamming, no instigating...but it's trolling, right?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doolittle has a ridiculous 0.69 WHIP (arguably the best stat for evaluating reliever performance), a ridiculous 0.4 BB/9 ratio, and a 13 K/9 ratio, with a .176 BAA and .473 OPS against while throwing close to 25% more innings than Rodney.

So what's the argument for Rodney? He has more saves and a better ERA? Gotta do better than that, especially when we all know ERA's not a particularly useful stat for relievers.

Apparently I am late to this party. How can the leagues leading saves leader not get in it over a guy with nearly half, yes half, the saves? And a worse ERA? The bullpen is about runs and saves. Could care less about those other stats because that is all they are is stats. Plus half his stats came in non-save situation where the pressure is just a bit different.

Good pitcher don't get me wrong, but him over Rodney? Please.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I am late to this party. How can the leagues leading saves leader not get in it over a guy with nearly half, yes half, the saves? And a worse ERA? The bullpen is about runs and saves. Could care less about those other stats because that is all they are is stats. Plus half his stats came in non-save situation where the pressure is just a bit different.

Good pitcher don't get me wrong, but him over Rodney? Please.

the dude you're talking to went and started a thread about this in the MLB general forum

he can jerk himself off about this in there

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the reliever who's worse in:
-WHIP (by a lot)
-BB/9 (by a lot)
-K/9 (by a lot)
-Innings pitched (by almost 25%)
-BAA (by a lot)
-OPSA (by a lot)
-Inherited runners % scored

Isn't the worse pitcher? Riiiiight.

So back to my original point...unless you're going to argue that ERA and saves are the 2 most important stats for relievers, how does Rodney have just as good an argument as Doolittle?

Does closing the fucking deal factor into your equation? The standings don't really give a shit about what the slide-rules say. People that regurgitate these stats don't understand what they're supposed to be used for, which is evaluating talent when signing a guy. Rodney's done what he's done this season and he's been one of the best. If it's luck then it will come back to haunt him but the fact is that he was on the mound closing out games and getting saves.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dude you're talking to went and started a thread about this in the MLB general forum

he can jerk himself off about this in there

I wasn't even following the thread until today and saw you were going back and forth with him so I went BACK TO SEE WHERE IT STARTED AND IT WAS WITH ME (sorry hit the caps). What a loser. Thanks for filling in for me on the subject. You were spot on with it.