• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Mike Tomlin keep his at or over .500 streak alive?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past several years screamed below .500 team and Tomlin still dragged whatever to .500. If you showed me last year's Steelers team without the standings, I'd swear that was a 6-11 outfit they threw out there. Betting against a Tomlin team has not been good for business. With that being said, not totally sure where the wins come from either.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some said Landry benefited from the same
Who said that? Name publication please and date.

During his 29 consecutive years with the Dallas Cowboys, Landry won two Super Bowl titles, 13 Divisional titles, and played in 12 Championship games.
Tomlin doesn't compare to Landry.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that? Name publication please and date.

During his 29 consecutive years with the Dallas Cowboys, Landry won two Super Bowl titles, 13 Divisional titles, and played in 12 Championship games.
Tomlin doesn't compare to Landry.
Research 1961 thru 64 and read the books Next Year's Champions or Dallas Cowboys Pro or Con.

LOL...you should read the Dallas sports opinion when Duane Thomas referred to Tom as Plastic Man to the media. That was fun

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research 1961 thru 64 and read the books Next Year's Champions or Dallas Cowboys Pro or Con.

LOL...you should read the Dallas sports opinion when Duane Thomas referred to Tom as Plastic Man to the media. That was fun
I have read Next Years Champions, and I lived in Dallas in the early 80's.
Thomas's comment has nothing to do with the discussion.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and playing in 4 championship games within the first 6 Super Bowl seasons and all within the first 11 years of existence. Not to mention 20 consecutive winning seasons. Hell, this is the base of Washington Philly and NYG hate these youngsters inherited from their Dad's. They may tell you it's Jerry...those must be the ones raised in a single parent household.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past several years screamed below .500 team and Tomlin still dragged whatever to .500. If you showed me last year's Steelers team without the standings, I'd swear that was a 6-11 outfit they threw out there. Betting against a Tomlin team has not been good for business. With that being said, not totally sure where the wins come from either.
I feel the same exact way and wouldn't place a bet either way. If I had to choose I'd go with 500 (could end a game tied) or over even though I have no reasoning to back that up other than previous performance. Vegas has the over under at 7.5

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and playing in 4 championship games within the first 6 Super Bowl seasons and all within the first 11 years of existence. Not to mention 20 consecutive winning seasons. Hell, this is the base of Washington Philly and NYG hate these youngsters inherited from their Dad's. They may tell you it's Jerry...those must be the ones raised in a single parent household.
Jerrah hasn"t done squat with this team.
Yeah, I know, 3 SB wins, but that was Jimma', not Jerrah.
Jerrah's best move was hiring Jimma, and his worst move was firing Jimma.
Or letting Jimma walk, whichever story you choose to believe.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read Next Years Champions, and I lived in Dallas in the early 80's.
Thomas's comment has nothing to do with the discussion.
OK

I know this differently. Landry became what he was, many wanted to run him off and after the second GB championship loss, convinced it wasn't the players, ownership nor Tex

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK

I know this differently. Landry became what he was, many wanted to run him off and after the second GB championship loss, convinced it wasn't the players, ownership nor Tex
Yup, and today he would have been fired after that. But back then he was allowed to work thru it.
Much like Cowher and Tomlin have survived because they worked for the best owners in football.
The Rooney's hired the man they wanted and got the hell outta the way.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah hasn"t done squat with this team.
Yeah, I know, 3 SB wins, but that was Jimma', not Jerrah.
Jerrah's best move was hiring Jimma, and his worst move was firing Jimma.
Or letting Jimma walk, whichever story you choose to believe.
You may be right, you lived in Dallas in the early 80's

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, you lived in Dallas in the early 80's
Don't have to live there to see how messed up this organization is/was.
25 years or so is a pretty good indicator that he ain't got a clue.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son?

LOL

Maybe it's just me, but it seems you needed the education here. Oh well, can't force tyou to drink

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son?

LOL

Maybe it's just me, but it seems you needed the education here. Oh well, can't force tyou to drink
Still waiting for you to name the publication and date on who said Landry benefitted from the same.
Go ahead, I'll wait.........

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider him an above-average coach but not a great one.

You don't have the accomplishments he has by being a bad or even mediocre coach. However I do feel his teams underperformed to their talent in the playoffs which is why I have a tough time considering him a great coach.

From their last Super Bowl appearance in 2010 to 2021 they've made the playoffs 7 times and have only been to one AFC championship in that span. They also have a couple of bad playoff loses in that span as well.

2011 losing to the Tim Tebow lead Broncos. <---

Let the Pats and Ravens beat the breaks off you in two of those playoff games.

2020 letting the Browns go up 28 to 0 in the 1st quarter

2017 was the worst to me losing to the Jags when you had a bye week and you let them hang 45 points on you.

I just feel his teams have lacked a sharpness that great teams usually have which is why I put him in the good not great coach category.

A couple of things of note from that game. The Steelers were missing starters, some pro bowl caliber, on both sides of the ball. Had the Steelers been 100% they would have taken care of business.

Lamar Woodley only played part time due to hamstrings.

BigBen played with a bad ankle.

Maurkice Pouncey, Ryan Clark, Cortez Clark didn't play.

Starters Casey Hampton, Brett Keisel (teams best d-lineman), Max Starks all left the game with injuries.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to name the publication and date on who said Landry benefitted from the same.
Go ahead, I'll wait.........
How you doin...Lets point out what I posted:

"Research 1961 thru 64 and read the books Next Year's Champions or Dallas Cowboys Pro or Con.
LOL...you should read the Dallas sports opinion when Duane Thomas referred to Tom as Plastic Man to the media. That was fun"

You said you read Next Year's Champions and lived in Dallas in the early 80's.

Keep in mind that I did say some as in some Dallas fans and local media guys.

The two books were not written with a bullseye towards Tex, Gil nor the owner. 65-70 the bullseye wasn't on the player neither.

Landry was in constant crap about Staubach after SB5, rotating QB's in Chicago, and the 4-3 start was NOT helping Landy much. Thomas's comment to the press at the time were calculated and sent many in a frenzy. Great players, Great Ownership. Pro or Con?
Research Dallas Cowboy sports sections from Dallas Morning News and Dallas Times Herald 1970 & 71.

The reference of 61 thru 64 might also be looking at sports columnist archives from the Dallas Morning News and Dallas Times Herald. Good Luck shouldn't be too hard if you're curious.

Throughout the 60's nothing Dallas Cowboys related got past this kid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you are hitting on it, is or can Trubisky be an actual NFL caliber QB? While they don't have a D quite like the early D of Ben's career that got them to the Superbowl, can Mitch actually manage a game and not do stupid stuff like Wentz to give games away? If he can, I think Tomlin continues on his winning ways...plus if Trubs actually manages well, we'll get @noonthirtyjoe back...and he can bitch about how crappy the Bears front office and Nagy were...some more
The Bears front office and Nagy were crappy, that has already been proven beyound any doubt. I like our new staff and love the direction of the team.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some comparisons sports talk shows like ESPN GET UP it was mentioned that Belichick went 7-9 his first year without Brady, Payton went 9-8 and missed the playoffs without Brees so some are speculating what will happen without big ben. Honestly, I think he has 8-9 year at worst but not a 5-12 or 6-11 year. Nothing against him, just in a good division.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys the cowboys suck

:agree:

Tomlin will go 3-6 before turning it over to Pickett for a 6-2 finish.

Another winning season for midget mike.