• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Mike Tomlin keep his at or over .500 streak alive?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I didn't go back far enough, the man has never had a losing record in his coaching career. Big Ben is now gone, and I heard Mitch Trubisky is now the new starter in Pittsburgh at QB. Vegas has their win total over/under at 7.5...does the man get this team to 8-8-1 or better...if he does will this be his best coaching job yet? I'm half of a mind to sprinkle a little love at +900 to win their division...or maybe +300 to make the playoffs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I didn't go back far enough, the man has never had a losing record in his coaching career. Big Ben is now gone, and I heard Mitch Trubisky is now the new starter in Pittsburgh at QB. Vegas has their win total over/under at 7.5...does the man get this team to 8-8-1 or better...if he does will this be his best coaching job yet? I'm half of a mind to sprinkle a little love at +900 to win their division...or maybe +300 to make the playoffs
Where's the poll?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yinz seem quick to forget he took a team to the playoffs with Mason Rudolph & Duck Hodges a few years ago...

If they are looking like a .500 team WITH Mitch Trubisky... then buy the over

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just a discussion?

I think we should discuss having a poll.

It will be close on whether he keeps the streak alive. They still have a good defense after all. And the AFCN plays one of the friendliest out of division schedules this year getting to go against the AFCE and the NFCS. A lot of gimme games in there for even an average team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Pickens and Calvin Austin are pretty major variables. Pickens could have been on pace to be a top 10 pick in college but he got pretty seriously injured and his personality is apparently quite...something. Calvin Austin could be a serious playmaker but he'll need to stay healthy with a super light frame and the QB will have to accurately get him the ball. Not sure they have that QB on the roster but a speed demon as the 3rd or 4th option on that offense could change some games.

I still kinda think Trubisky is a downgrade from oldman Ben. Trubisky's stats always felt a bit empty in Chi and Bens always came in clutch moments it seemed. My expectation is that if he starts the bulk of the games then they just miss the playoffs. If Pickett rises through the ranks at some point early on then maybe Tomlin keeps his streak alive

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont bet against him until he fails to have a season below .500.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you are hitting on it, is or can Trubisky be an actual NFL caliber QB? While they don't have a D quite like the early D of Ben's career that got them to the Superbowl, can Mitch actually manage a game and not do stupid stuff like Wentz to give games away? If he can, I think Tomlin continues on his winning ways...plus if Trubs actually manages well, we'll get @noonthirtyjoe back...and he can bitch about how crappy the Bears front office and Nagy were...some more

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they manage to squeeze out a 9-8 at least. It's not like Big Ben had been good the last couple of years so maybe Trubiski isn't too far a step back. Maybe in a new location with competent coaching he can take a few steps forward.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way they could keep the streak going is if their run defense goes from embarrassing to average. Controlling Ravens and Browns run game is paramount and even the Bengals run the ball well

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Pickens and Calvin Austin are pretty major variables. Pickens could have been on pace to be a top 10 pick in college but he got pretty seriously injured and his personality is apparently quite...something. Calvin Austin could be a serious playmaker but he'll need to stay healthy with a super light frame and the QB will have to accurately get him the ball. Not sure they have that QB on the roster but a speed demon as the 3rd or 4th option on that offense could change some games.

I still kinda think Trubisky is a downgrade from oldman Ben. Trubisky's stats always felt a bit empty in Chi and Bens always came in clutch moments it seemed. My expectation is that if he starts the bulk of the games then they just miss the playoffs. If Pickett rises through the ranks at some point early on then maybe Tomlin keeps his streak alive

Yup... late in his career he is the classic guy that QB rating doesn't mean much ... he almost always seemed to make plays when he needed them...Mitch on the other hand???

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you are hitting on it, is or can Trubisky be an actual NFL caliber QB? While they don't have a D quite like the early D of Ben's career that got them to the Superbowl, can Mitch actually manage a game and not do stupid stuff like Wentz to give games away? If he can, I think Tomlin continues on his winning ways...plus if Trubs actually manages well, we'll get @noonthirtyjoe back...and he can bitch about how crappy the Bears front office and Nagy were...some more

As a completely unbiased NFL fan I hope the Steelers QB situation is so bad that Trubisky, Rudolph & Pickett all end up starting games and they combine for 40 int's.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should discuss having a poll.

It will be close on whether he keeps the streak alive. They still have a good defense after all. And the AFCN plays one of the friendliest out of division schedules this year getting to go against the AFCE and the NFCS. A lot of gimme games in there for even an average team.
AFCE won't be gimme's

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a completely unbiased NFL fan I hope the Steelers QB situation is so bad that Trubisky, Rudolph & Pickett all end up starting games and they combine for 40 int's.

As I wish Watson reaches 40 accusations……too soon?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wish Watson reaches 40 accusations……too soon?

That's all fair. Watson deserves any and all things said about him. He's a very disturbed person. Which makes me question Jimmy Haslam's thinking/sanity about trading for him in the first place.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all fair. Watson deserves any and all things said about him. He's a very disturbed person. Which makes me question Jimmy Haslam's thinking/sanity about trading for him in the first place.

At least you aren’t defending it like dtWatson88…..

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I was in vegas. I would throw a few bucks on him extending. He still has a workable defense. A RB & might have improved QB with ben being a shell of himself last year.