• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Lebron ever surpass Bird at the SF GOAT?

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's leadership and work ethic is 2nd to none.

His competivieness might not be pathologicial like a Jordan or Kobe or even Bird to a certain extent----- but he is an amazing teammate and makes everyone around him so much better.

I mean- look at that game last night. Korver hadnt scored 29 since he was with the Sixers against the Knicks-and STEPHON MARBURY AND EDDY CURRY were on the Knicks.

all of a sudden at age 36 he goes for 29 points on 12 shots?--- i love Korver----- but there is one guy that makes that all possible.

I REALLY love Kyrie's game, obviously, but Kyrie has benefited enormously from LeBron- not only just from on the floor stuff- but leadership, knowing how to win etc.

LEBron is 32. I agree with @trojanfan12 that right now LeBron is in the top 5- but there are certainly arguments that a few guys are still ahead of him like kareem, magic, jordan, ----- but considering he is only 32 and still have some prime years left- there is no reason why i think LeBron will retire as anything less than a fairly solid consensus as the 2nd best ever.....

i think that he is REALLY REALLY close if not already passed Magic- but considering LeBron is sitll going im okay for deferring to Magic for right now (though- strangely enough- LEBron has already played dozens more games then Magic did in his career).
I'm surprised you were able to type that while sucking Lebron's member, that's impressive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised you were able to type that while sucking Lebron's member, that's impressive.
dont worry- LeBron will have his chance at you again this spring.

Wondering if you are still sore from getting bent over last spring?-

my advice is drink a LOT OF WATER...lol. Your midget Isiah is a fly on LEBrons ass.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a serious thread?

Larry Bird was an exceptional player. One of the all time greats.

Lebron James is one of the 4 greatest players in the history of the league. MJ, Magic, Wilt, Lebron. Pick the order you like.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna need another ring or 2 to pass Magic. As for Lebron playing dozens more games, he's in his 14th year compared to Magic playing 13 years. Lebron is 32, when Magic was 32, he had to retire from the league. So, nothing strange about it.

So basically, Magic accomplished more in less time.

Accomplished more titles wise. I mean he also had the a top 3 player alongside him. Individually, I think Lebron has accomplished more than any other player not named MJ and KAJ.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a serious thread?

Larry Bird was an exceptional player. One of the all time greats.

Lebron James is one of the 4 greatest players in the history of the league. MJ, Magic, Wilt, Lebron. Pick the order you like.

Replace Wilt with KAJ and you are good. I would put Wilt and Bird at 5,6 in any order.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes_of_course.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace Wilt with KAJ and you are good. I would put Wilt and Bird at 5,6 in any order.

Nah. I'm sticking with Wilt. KAJ was an amazing player as well and he would be in my 5-7 range along with Russell, Shaq, Bird, and Oscar Robertson.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individually, I think Lebron has accomplished more than any other player not named MJ and KAJ.

Lebron has averaged more points, rebounds are identical and Magic averaged more assists. As far as individual honors such as all star game appearances, first team all nba etc., it's basically dead even. In a couple of those, Lebron has one more award than Magic, which is explained by Lebron playing 1 more year (so far).

So, Lebron and Magic are pretty well even and both trail MJ and Kareem. Nod in the rankings goes to Magic because 5>3. Which is why I always say that rings are the tiebreaker. Lebron and Magic are a great example of how the differences between all time greats are so razor thin most of the time.

Last edited:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Magic are a great example of how the differences between all time greats are so razor thin most of the time.

Well said. With regards to Bird vs Lebron, i suspect its trending towards Lebron. In the modern NBA you need a mans body and Lebron is a linebacker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the modern NBA you need a mans body and Lebron is a linebacker.

Love me some Larry Bird (although not so much when he played), but yeah, Lebron is a physical freak. With his size and strength, he could have been a linebacker or tight end in the NFL or, if he played baseball, probably a home run hitter or dominating pitcher. Would have been dominant in volleyball.

I'll bet he'd suck a golf though. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if you are still sore from getting bent over last spring?-

my advice is drink a LOT OF WATER...

Figures you'd be able to give advice on how to make "getting bent over" a more comfortable experience. :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures you'd be able to give advice on how to make "getting bent over" a more comfortable experience. :pound:
lol...

well, feel free to chip in....as a Lakers fan you gotta have PLENTY of experience with that over the last few years.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Magic was my favorite player because he had a linebackers body but could handle. He could play all 5 positions. I would like to see LBJ play center......................

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Bird could get his shot off against anyone. I don't know how he did it, but he did. Could hit shots from angles that were just stupid too.

Bird was great, but LeBron would be able to get much easier shots against Bird than Bird would against LeBron. Bird ain't hitting them all.

That said, however, beating somebody 1 on 1 does not prove them a better player. Basketball is a 5 on 5 game and ability to create for others and use teammates to get open are both important aspects.

Still though, LeBron has surpassed Bird already. Last June locked that up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird was great, but LeBron would be able to get much easier shots against Bird than Bird would against LeBron. Bird ain't hitting them all.

That said, however, beating somebody 1 on 1 does not prove them a better player. Basketball is a 5 on 5 game and ability to create for others and use teammates to get open are both important aspects.

Still though, LeBron has surpassed Bird already. Last June locked that up.

Yeah, I said in my first post that Lebron had passed him. For Lebron, it's now where he's going to fit in among MJ, Kareem and Magic.

As for Bird vs. Lebron 1 on 1. Lebron is definitely the better more athletic player, but Bird is by far the better shooter. That's why I said if it's make, take it and Bird gets the ball first, I take him.

Outside of that though, I'm taking Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I said in my first post that Lebron had passed him. For Lebron, it's now where he's going to fit in among MJ, Kareem and Magic.

As for Bird vs. Lebron 1 on 1. Lebron is definitely the better more athletic player, but Bird is by far the better shooter. That's why I said if it's make, take it and Bird gets the ball first, I take him.

Outside of that though, I'm taking Lebron.

But,

1 on 1 is not a jump shooting contest. Bird would be shooting a lot of contested jumpers while LeBron would get easier looks at the rim. Make it take it actually improves LeBron's odds significantly.

Trust me, as a 3 point shooter myself, make it take it is not how I want to play. If you go loser's outs, Bird has a fighting chance trading 3s for 2s. In make it take it, Bird actually has to get stops because he is not getting 10+ buckets in a row.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But,

1 on 1 is not a jump shooting contest. Bird would be shooting a lot of contested jumpers while LeBron would get easier looks at the rim. Make it take it actually improves LeBron's odds significantly.

Trust me, as a 3 point shooter myself, make it take it is not how I want to play. If you go loser's outs, Bird has a fighting chance trading 3s for 2s. In make it take it, Bird actually has to get stops because he is not getting 10+ buckets in a row.

This.

Make it take it adds an extreme edge to Lebron. There's no way Bird could stop Lebron and his athleticism going to the hoop. Bird would have to knock down every shot because he's not posting him up and he's also not blowing by him to the rim. Lebron wouldn't need to shoot a shot outside 5 feet against bird.